Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed More gender options in account details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User 4826

Uncharitable
1678937045460.png

This seems pretty barren. Lets spice it up.
Yes, it would affect a small group of people but, options are always nice. one issue though: I don't know how this would be implemented

At first I was gonna suggest it being a text box where you can put your pronouns but that seems.. abuseable, so just widening the selection we already had I thought of, but that also wouldn't really work, considering that the current options probably aren't meant to be specific, which is why they're so broad as just 'female, male & no selection'

I'm just throwing ideas out here on how this could be improved, even though its not really necessary.

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

While it would be preferred that every gender was listed, one solution would be if it was deemed too much of a hassle to implement all of them, we can create an option called "other". While this wouldn't solve the issue of people who might want to specify their pronouns, it's better than nothing.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I sexually identify as an apache attack helicopter

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
While it would be preferred that every gender was listed, one solution would be if it was deemed too much of a hassle to implement all of them, we can create an option called "other". While this wouldn't solve the issue of people who might want to specify their pronouns, it's better than nothing.
According to some "every gender" doesn't exist, because there are infinite genders.

On another note, for now I added the options "Nonbinary" and "other".
If I understand genders correctly, nonbinary is they/them, so they now have their pronouns, and then other for everything we can't encapsulate.
I hope this makes those that don't identify as a "classical" gender feel more included.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
According to some "every gender" doesn't exist, because there are infinite genders.

On another note, for now I added the options "Nonbinary" and "other".
If I understand genders correctly, nonbinary is they/them, so they now have their pronouns, and then other for everything we can't encapsulate.
I hope this makes those that don't identify as a "classical" gender feel more included.
Thanks!
I agree with the selection added.
Will be closing this with the made update

Deleted User 4826

Uncharitable
Unrelated, but non-binary is just things that don't fall within the realms of he/him or she/her, for the record
But yea, thanks. This post can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 9)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom