Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Fox

Drifty Boi
I feel that for all the servers that Blackwonder has there simply is not enough admins to help on all the servers.
Just today from 2:20pm to 3:10pm there was a guy mass freekilling. Also on the server was 3 donor myself included and the thing is, we couldn't do fuck all to him everytime some sort of vote was put on him he would leave and be back 30 seconds later with a new acount. This continued for almost a solid hour because no staff was on at this time. This is why I feel that a mod rank should be a thing even if it is a simple rank with 3 commands instant mute, slay and ban. We need someway to fight these kinds of people when admins arn't available and im sure this isn't the first time this kind of thing happened. Half way through the the whole thing he used my name so I couldn't do anything. Please take this into consideration.

P.S i didn't report this guy simply because other people said they had already reported him so.

Mortem

Notably Dangerous
I feel that for all the servers that Blackwonder has there simply is not enough admins to help on all the servers.
Just today from 2:20pm to 3:10pm there was a guy mass freekilling. Also on the server was 3 donor myself included and the thing is, we couldn't do fuck all to him everytime some sort of vote was put on him he would leave and be back 30 seconds later with a new acount. This continued for almost a solid hour because no staff was on at this time. This is why I feel that a mod rank should be a thing even if it is a simple rank with 3 commands instant mute, slay and ban. We need someway to fight these kinds of people when admins arn't available and im sure this isn't the first time this kind of thing happened. Half way through the the whole thing he used my name so I couldn't do anything. Please take this into consideration.

P.S i didn't report this guy simply because other people said they had already reported him so.
He was last know has panda wasn't he? Yeah this would be SUPER helpful (especially against panda (this guy)), the only downside: people who might abuse this BUT if they do they should just be banned, no exceptions.

Irish Fox

Drifty Boi
He was last know has panda wasn't he? Yeah this would be SUPER helpful (especially against panda (this guy)), the only downside: people who might abuse this BUT if they do they should just be banned, no exceptions.
Yes this is panda im talking about.

mr_minati

Truly Feared
Thought mods and admins was the same thing, excuse my ignorance.

Sounds like a good idea, but I have a question.
How exactly is the staff going to pick the mods? If it's the same lenghty process as the ones for admins, I see no point in doing this.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Thought mods and admins was the same thing, excuse my ignorance.

Sounds like a good idea, but I have a question.
How exactly is the staff going to pick the mods? If it's the same lenghty process as the ones for admins, I see no point in doing this.
I would imagine that you start as mod and will become an admin later on?
For example: "JB mod" or "Admin".

Mmmmm, dunno about the idea. Would result in way more accepted applications probably.

Irish Fox

Drifty Boi
I would imagine that you start as mod and will become an admin later on?
For example: "JB mod" or "Admin".

Mmmmm, dunno about the idea. Would result in way more accepted applications probably.
Either way you have to admit there is not enough admins for all of Blackwonders servers.
And donors can do nothing towards people who leave to avoid votes.

Last edited:

Loldielol

Holy Buckets
Not sure how the process works now, but there's talks of another way admins are recruited, I'm not going to say what this is, as I believe this to be down to @RainbowRob to disclose what may be happening, though it may be completely irrelevant to this topic (So forgive me Rob as I did briefly skim through that topic xD).

If someone does do this though, please let us know who they are, so we can IP ban them, to prevent such thing happening again.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
Of course the rank should not be anywhere near as powerful as the Admin rank so I have some suggestions for the commands that would be available:
First of all Moderators shouldn't be able to do anything that's permanent, like bans, gags and mutes. No commands like RTD, Respawn, Smite etc.
The available commands should really just be temporary bans (Including teambans), gags, and mutes, kick, slay and maybe teleport.
Another idea is that you apply for one type of server. So you can be a DR mod, JB mod, VSH mod etc.

There are still some pros and cons with this idea.
Pros
It would greatly decrease rule breaking.

We would have more available staff.

Mods can get great experience which might end up with them applying for admin and get accepted, which gives us both experienced and reliable admins.

Cons
It can easily end up with abuse.

We can end up with way more staff than necessary.

The rank can gain advantage in games because people will kiss ass which is already a problem for admins.

Rule breakers will be more careful when they do it.

Some mods may thing to high of themselves.

Last edited:

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Of course the rank should not be anywhere near as powerful as the Admin rank so I have some suggestions for the commands that would be available:
First of all Moderators shouldn't be able to do anything that's permanent, like bans, gags and mutes. No commands like RTD, Respawn, Smite etc.
The available commands should really just be temporary bans (Including teambans), gags, and mutes, kick, slay and maybe teleport.
Another idea is that you apply for one type of server. So you can be a DR mod, JB mod, VSH mod etc.

There are still some pros and cons with this idea.
Pros
It would greatly decrease rule breaking.

We would have more available staff.

Mods can get great experience which might end up with them applying for admin and get accepted, which gives us both experienced and reliable admins.

Cons
It can easily end up with abuse.

We can end up with way more staff than necessary.

The rank can gain advantage in games because people will kiss ass which is already a problem for admins.

Rule breakers will be more careful when they do it.

Some mods may thing to high of themselves.
Your pros are fair points, but I feel some of your cons bring up things we already risk by just having admins alone.
-An admin position can "easily end up with abuse" too. That's the point of the application system, we use that and other factors to gauge whether or not we trust the applicant and their judgement.
-Not sure why having more then necessary staff is bad? Blw.tf staff is full of volunteers, so blw doesn't lose money with every staff member. The more help, the better.
-I doubt "ass kissers" is even a valid problem. Potential staff members should understand the types of people they can expect to meet and harassment they may receive. The block button exists if things get out of hand.
-Rule breakers being more careful? Isn't that why people break the rules though, because they simply don't care?
-Admins can think highly of themselves too. It's a risk we run when appointing staff members. We have an application process and account for other factors when appointing staff members; in other words, we trust the judgement of our staff.

I'm not saying the system is without cons, but I feel as if you brought up issues that simply don't exist.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

We have an idea in place that's similar (was made before this thread). It's slightly more complicated (also better) but the goal is the same. You will notice if it gets accepted. I'll just close this to avoid confusion until we know the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 9)

Top Bottom