Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Medic needs a nerf on VSH servers.

The Swimmer 23

Strange
Context: This suggestion comes from playing on vsh_reservoir constantly and noticing how most people say that medics are too op after a blowout match where the hale only gets as little as 1 or 2 kills on a server with at least 20+ people. I notice that the same 5 people that become hale usually dominate the round, and we have very few rounds where the game is not a complete blowout for either side. I have also noticed that more and more people do not want to be hale, mainly because they feel like they do not stand a reasonable chance at winning (or even getting close). I made another post sometime earlier asking for medics to not be able to revive certain classes, and while that got rejected, I noticed that some people suggested to only to not allow other medics to revive each other, which is a good idea.

Medics on VSH are ridiculously overpowered. Medics are one of the more popular class in the gamemode and have special abilities that every hale hates. They have 3 main abilities going for them. They can over-heal other medics and allies to survive one hit from hale (Aside from scout, engineer, spy, and any others I'm forgetting), they can uber charge each other with hardly any consequence, and also revive everyone 1 time. Medics often get their uber charge within the first 10-15 seconds of the match, and its impossible for most hales to focus them because everyone else is knocking the hale all over the place. Even with rage, most medics can pop uber and revive everyone in an instant, and the hale cant do hardly anything about it. Medics are able to get uber charged too quickly and its almost impossible for hales to win with 3 medics on red team. Medics often chain uber charges and it can seem like an impenetrable defense to the hale. Medics also often have people like soldiers that are constantly low on health, and these players allow the medic to build uber incredibly quickly which decreases the amount of time that medics do not have uber.

I know the majority of people would suggest to focus the medics first (or get gud), and while that sounds good in theory, medics are able to get uber very quickly and because hales often receive a lot of knockback, it becomes near impossible to get close enough to hit them (without being backstabbed, market gardened, sniped, airblasted, exploded etc.) Even if the hale manages to kill all 3 medics on red team, he will have about 25% health left to deal with everyone else and will more than likely lose the round.

VSH is a gamemode that heavily favors the red team, and while that is fine, its the same 5 people that win every time while almost everyone else looses with only 5 people killed as hale. This results in people not wanting to be hale and is not healthy for the gamemode.

Here are my suggestions to nerf medics without taking away all their power. I do not suggest implementing them all at once but perhaps implementing one would be a start.

1). Do not allow medics to revive each other. It takes a lot of skill (and luck) to be able to kill a medic quickly in this gamemode. However, ensuring that a medic stays dead once he dies allows the hale some breathing room and the hale does not feel like his time is wasted. Given how powerful this class is, there should be a drawback in order to balance this class with the others.

2.) Increase the amount of time it takes to get an uber. Uber charges should be somewhat harder to come by, and used in emergencies to save oneself or an ally. The constant spam of uber charges is not fair to the hale and medics are able to acquire them too quickly. I would suggest that it should take medics 25% longer to get an uber (it doesn't have to be exactly 25% but it should take longer for medics to get uber). Another idea to add here would be to remove the 40% headstart that medics get on their ubercharge and make medics build from either 20% or 10% uber to 100% to allow a more reasonable window where hale can attack medics that are without uber.

3.) Decrease the amount of time that an uber charge lasts. From my understanding, uber charges last 12 whole seconds in vsh. I would suggest cutting that down to 8 seconds, thus forcing medics to play more conservatively with their ubercharge.

4.) If a medic revives someone while ubercharged, the ubercharge should drain significantly more. (or increase knock back that medics take while reviving someone) This prevents medics from being able to completely undo a rage while hale is helpless to stop them. Some people may say to hit the medics to knock them back, however, that is very inconsistent and that only works around 50% of the time. Rage is the only mechanic to help hales escape a bad situation and turn the tides in his favor. However, when a medic completely reverses all the kills that he accumulates with rage, its very discouraging to the hale as it feels like his rage was wasted. Increasing knockback that medics take while reviving someone will give hale a chance to prevent revives, especially if the hale needs to prevent a highly skilled player from being respawned.

Kiri

Australium
Removing or nerfing mechanics from other classes would be a good idea as well. Considering how every class can do an insane amount of damage with barely any skill or effort.

Phlog pyro, short circuit engi, sticky demo, and mainly taunt crits are stupid.

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

I agree with the nerf, medics are probably the best class aside from maybe sniper on certain open maps. In my opinion, the best change would be decreasing the uber headstart. Perhaps a new start in the range 25-35% would be a good change.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom