Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Answered Markers

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm A Bee

Unremarkable

noTbsp

I'd like to enquire about some specific hypotheticals I've bought up with others on markers that have generated some mixed responses.

1. If I were to say "out of cell rebel day" and the following order was "go to my marker in front of cells" after placing a marker would that mean anyone on the marker is KOS as days override orders. I feel that its the same thing as asking to "go to the yellow line" but instead of saying the line/stairs it's a marker.

2. If the reds were on the yellow line and my first order was "do not go to my markers, remain afk frozen" followed by placing a marker, would anyone on the markers be KOS as I specifically ordered them not to go to them. I've asked some about this situation and they say it's baiting with markers but I thought it isn't as the warden specifically ordered them not to go to the markers.

In both hypotheticals, I found that people treat markers as if they are the Holy Land where so long as there's a marker down and they're in it God's watching over them and they're safe. But personally I feel that in both situations reds would be KOS due to days overriding orders and wardens orders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
If you had read the rules...

Latest Warden's Order Applies (top)
Whichever order warden gives last is the one that should be followed if two orders conflict. For example if warden says "touching grass is KOS" but then gives you an order to stand on a marker in the grass, you must stand in the grass because the first order is nullified by the second. The exception to this rule is if warden gives a day order (If warden had said don't touch my grass day, you may not touch the grass) which applies until the warden ends that day.

Out of Cell Rebel Day

All prisoners must stay in their cells until the Warden explicitly says the day itself is over.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Placing a marker is considered giving an order to follow the markers even if nothing is said. If you kill anyone that goes to a placed marker outside of a 'day order' then you are freekilling.

I'm A Bee

Unremarkable

noTbsp

@Cammy I've been told though by others on AUJB that markers aren't implied and therefore wardens should always say "go to my markers" after placing them as they aren't implied and not an order to follow. Which is why I thought of trying to say "don't go to my markers".

Cowboy

Spectacularly Lethal

Cowboy

You aren't obligated to only use markers for reds, you can use markers in order to position your fellow guards as well as long as you audibly say so.

Sodium Chloride

Uncharitable

Ko He

1. If I were to say "out of cell rebel day" and the following order was "go to my marker in front of cells" after placing a marker would that mean anyone on the marker is KOS as days override orders. I feel that its the same thing as asking to "go to the yellow line" but instead of saying the line/stairs it's a marker.
The reds are KoS if they leave their cells.

If the reds were on the yellow line and my first order was "do not go to my markers, remain afk frozen" followed by placing a marker, would anyone on the markers be KOS as I specifically ordered them not to go to them
Idk about this one chief.

I've asked some about this situation and they say it's baiting with markers but I thought it isn't as the warden specifically ordered them not to go to the markers.
You aren't baiting when you place down a marker, this changes if you are in the marker with reds.

i may be wrong.

Last edited:

jamie

Scarcely Lethal

jamie

@Cowboy Yeah I've learnt first hand not to trust everything on AUSJB.

Cheers for the input lads.
Hello Bee! I've also been at question to this and to my knowledge of the staff members I've spoken to about this:
You're not allowed to bait using markers (including using them to kill others), and markers are not implied you have to go to them. I believe this was made because back last year and possibly 2018 when I played, people said "Follow my markers" then "AFK freeze" and it killed a mass amount of people, idk I wasn't up to date on the forums then.
To be honest, the out of cell rebel day and using markers should be fine, and I don't think you'll get into too much trouble if you do the second situation such as using orders to kill people who go to the marker, but what is more important is it just makes you look bad, I know I'm being hypocritical about this but using complex orders just to kill people makes the warden look bad and it can hurt respect. I was definitely victim to this when I started using complex orders, it caused a mass amount of distaste to me being warden.
In reality, it's up to whoever punishes you and what their opinion is, if you shoot hush, jack, y3p, kanji and quishy about the rule, you should be able to get an understanding of what they think about the rule and if you'd be punished by it. It's always good to ask on the forums and I'm glad you did because it'd mean that it can avoid any punishments. The ausjb staff sometimes have different opinions about rules and whether some should be heavily enforced or not so i'd just recommend asking whenever you see them ingame or if you want you can shoot a dm on the discord. Have a nice day :D

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
I'd like to enquire about some specific hypotheticals I've bought up with others on markers that have generated some mixed responses.

2. If the reds were on the yellow line and my first order was "do not go to my markers, remain afk frozen" followed by placing a marker, would anyone on the markers be KOS as I specifically ordered them not to go to them. I've asked some about this situation and they say it's baiting with markers but I thought it isn't as the warden specifically ordered them not to go to the markers.

In both hypotheticals, I found that people treat markers as if they are the Holy Land where so long as there's a marker down and they're in it God's watching over them and they're safe. But personally I feel that in both situations reds would be KOS due to days overriding orders and wardens orders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Scenario 1 is fine, Out of Cell Rebel Day is Out of Cell Rebel Day.
Markers are to be used exclusively to move reds. I wouldn't allow Scenario 2 as it's obviously just an attempt to confuse people and waste time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom