Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved Maps constantly switching on surf server

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedyAero

I regularly visit one of the BW NY Surf servers (104.194.9.222:27140), and most of the time I am the only user on there which is fine. The main annoyance to me is how maps will frequently switch unprompted, often times only minutes after a new one has started (see video for example). This makes it impossible to enjoy a certain map as you won't be able to nominate it after changing because it will be listed as "recently played". The change always happens to any random map, and many of these haven't even been completed by anyone yet. I imagine it's just a bug that hopefully can be easily fixed.

At the 35 second mark you can see the server notify about the upcoming map change, despite the current one barely starting

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

Surf maps had a time change recently were each map would have 1 hour instead of 30 minutes. This is probably a mistake that occurred during that change

@Benedevil

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Finally after multiple tries I figured out why.

Apparently setting a timer to null is not a good idea in the timer itself. It will not kill the timer anymore and after a map change you will have 2 timers running.

I have changed the logic completely and it should no longer give you random map changes

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
User has not returned, and bene has supposedly fixed the issue. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom