Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Map Testing: warehouse2_test.bsp

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

The Fattest and the Fluffiest
Staff Member
Admin
Need some feedback on a design and detail level for a map I'm working on at the moment...
This is not intended to be a specific gamemode or gameplay type map. So please don't give feedback like "I can't get out of the building", you're not meant to be able to lol.

Take a look around, rocket jump all over the walls, get a feel for how it is EST, and post some feedback on what you think needs more or less detail.
"This would look better off there... You could change that to this."

This was originally intended to be a Training map (tr_warehouse), which is why there is the familiar training barrier and target spots on the ground.
The barrier is a solid entity along with a PlayerClip zone.
To lower the barrier use the console command ent_fire movingbarrier_lower trigger;ent_fire movingbarrier_playerclip disable;. You will then be able to move past it without using noclip. (This requires sv_cheats 1 to be enabled to work!)

Any feedback is appreciated including any bugs you may find, like getting caught on things or being able to walk through things you should be able to.

Version Updates
- warehouse2_test.bsp
- warehouse2_test_a1.bsp (Update reason: Missing Models)

Attachments

• warehouse2_test_a1.bsp
    26.6 MB · Views: 224
Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
OK, I booted up the map and took some time looking around.

1578217963669.png

first off, I'm not sure if this map is meant for 2 teams or 1 team only, but the spawn point is in the same room, and there is only one point. This is fine depending on what specifically the map is supposed to be used for.

1578218022074.png

I am not sure what's supposed to be up here, but there are some broken assets.

1578218045833.png

more broken assets and missing texture.

1578218063686.png

1578218069759.png

and finally, i think this might be a lighting issue, that resulted in some assets just being plain black.

One thing I liked is the soldier guarding the intel door, and the other 2 blu teams behind the glass.
(possibly a chance to put a secret room behind the intel door?)

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

The Fattest and the Fluffiest
Staff Member
Admin
I packed the map before uploading, those missing models shouldn't be an issue :|
Das weird...

As for the lighting issue, try using mat_fullbright 1 and then mat_fullbright 0... or try using cubemap_generate
The models are a packing issue, for sure. The map's lighting wasn't an issue for me so im not sure if that's just you...

Last edited:

Aba

Abaddon :)
Staff Member
Admin
View attachment 14089
View attachment 14090
and finally, i think this might be a lighting issue, that resulted in some assets just being plain black.

One thing I liked is the soldier guarding the intel door, and the other 2 blu teams behind the glass.
(possibly a chance to put a secret room behind the intel door?)
Those assets being plain black is a lighting issue on your settings and/or config for mine are working as probably intended / planned.
I've also recorded my exploration of the pre-warehouse2_test_a1.bsp version (warehouse2_test_a1.bsp fixed missing models) which is linked below.

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
What about adding a place for some water and the way to die by world☠ ? I think this can be helpful to presentate something.
Also you can add colision for beams

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom