Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Map Suggestions for Jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Recently I've been examining some maps that I had saved on my computer for Jailbreak that weren't already on the Jailbreak servers and I thought that I should make a suggestion to add them into the rotation (of course having to be tested first). I'm going to have to give a basic summary of the maps that I think are the best out of the ones I took a look at.

So, first of all, there's ba_jailfort_v1.
vQnIttELedlaCIz_6WbtP5cekKjLnEn43K-WBWX5pjCW8Eafk6p-kVQ-UqqgXJ5qbX56exVrJ4qlgQuqKjtJOzOff80RC4sC8DZ7mhiP-UBHxaeuP6Md3uwTSujECFY0U7_Sftwa

Ignore the water textures. I just run TF2 in DirectX 8.1
The map is a very large map with a lot of special features that set it apart from other maps, such as a custom escape/win strategy for RED's, intractable gates and doorways and quite a fair share of secrets too. It includes a generous amount of minigames and has a room that allows for Medic and Armoury to be closed off during HG.
Unfortunately the map was pulled from the GAMEBANANA site for being "too glitchy" and the creator didn't want to fix the issues, though I can't find too many issues when playing it. Dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1mck43tis5ndtaq/ba_jailfort_b1.bsp?dl=0

The next map I decided to post was jb_soviet.
RN0pmDLwpOX_o0VniuHNPBQK-YOwgwZ3TNEmeVJR9d5TDxNatbhwEhOs0RXHefEwVyU8xc82lKPxat2uIMdSmbDW4hOHsi-g_qsgw005aNRjmiNTa07NkuwhYSMcFg45kuZhsMgH

This map is also a very large map, with a similar layout to jb_famous because they have the same creators. Twas even hinted at in jb_fuckzz_final.
It has about eleven minigames on the map and a lot of secret passages and the likes. There's even a Necro Smash at Four Corners, and it's pretty clear that the admins have some sorta Necro Smash fetish so it's a winning combination.
But as you can probably tell from the sample image, the text is written in Russian. In fact, everything on the map is Russian. The music is Russian too, which would probably need to be changed. There is also no download link either, so I added a Dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ox11qb4w9dvcuaq/jb_soviet.bsp?dl=0

I'll probably add more maps into the suggestion maybe probably as time goes by, but please tell me what you think of the suggestion.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Before we think about adding these to the map rotation I need you to send me a list of all the secrets @Wanka for umm verification purposes. Otherwise I think that jailfort looks great but Soviet looks a little too similar to Famous, Fuckzz, Famous_prelizz2 or whatever its called. Oh and as a side note I've been trying to get hammer installed on my computer but every guide I find is out dated and my deficient american brain can't figure it out so if one of you mappers could send me a quick pm or something that would be great.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

I think that jailfort looks great but Soviet looks a little too similar to Famous, Fuckzz, Famous_prelizz2 or whatever its called.
They're all made by the same guy; Dzot. That's probably why.
I've been trying to get hammer installed on my computer but every guide I find is out dated and my deficient american brain can't figure it out so if one of you mappers could send me a quick pm or something that would be great.
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/bin/hammer.exe
It's already pre-installed if you have TF2 or most Valve games installed.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

I don't see any reason why we couldn't test them and see if it's worth adding them. But if it's just going to be the same as most of the other maps we have, do we really need them? If it adds something new to Jailbreak, I am all for it.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

I say test them first, as I was alone when I was testing them for myself. They might not bring a lot of change but they're definitely engaging maps from what I can tell.
And as I said, there's a chance I'll add new maps to the suggestion if I come across any that catch my eye. I remember a few maps that aren't saved onto my computer that had a bit more variety in them, such as having Connect Four and a Sandbag type of minigame where you have to beat the crap out of it to launch it.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
ba_jailfort has been tested and has been added to the map pool. jb_soviet will not be added as of right now due to games being extremely hard to find since the map is all in russian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom