Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined MAP REMOVAL: jail_minecraft_dynf_v10d AND jb_minecraft_night_final_v5

Cyanide64

Strange
REMOVAL: jail_minecraft_dynf_v10d AND jb_minecraft_night_final_v5
My arguments are very similar for both of these maps, so my awnsers to the questions below apply to both of them.

1. What's the map's name?
jail_minecraft_dynf_v10d and jb_minecraft_night_final_v5

2. Why should we remove it?
The layout is very unfair towards rebels. Rebels are forced into the armory to find ammo, only 1 small ammo pack outside of armory on night. If the warden is playing deathrun, 9 square, crush game, sweeper then good luck going to armory. This is fixed in the updated verion where there are more choices for rebels. As i will say below, there is no need to support the older versions of the minecraft map
No unique or special minigames, everything on this map has been done before (Fixed in the new map which we have on the server, so why are the old ones still here?)
THERE ARE LITERALLY 3 VERSIONS OF THIS MAP ACTIVE ON THE SERVER? THESE OLD ONES GOTTA GO MATE!
(These maps are active on the server as well as the much better, refined, updated version. Therefore, there is no need to support the older versions of the map.)

3. is there is an updated version of the map?
Yup! But i'm sure you already know this because jb_minecraft_daylight_v5 (the updated version) is already active on the server

4. What's the game mode?
Jailbreak

5. tell us other things that we may need to know about that map.(IF needed)
Just as an extra, the server does not support old versions of any other map. Because minecraft can appear 3 times in the voting menu AT ONCE, minecraft is becoming overplayed. When i got hop_v7 updated to v8, we did not keep v7 SO WHY WE KEEPIN THESE OLD MINECRAFT MAPS????? Seriously, the amount of times this map appears on the vote menu is insane. No map should have 3x the chance to appear at random on the vote menu, it is simply unfair. Also, have I mentioned that this map is the worst map on the server? :D Atleast the updated version is actually good, so can we get the other 2 minecraft cancer maps removed? Thanks.

This concludes my rant,
-Cyanide

NOTE: This is a re-post of a post I made in the map removal threat, but it has been up there for weeks and I still don't have a response, so hopefully posting it here will change that.

Cyanide64

Strange
The main point is to remove the older verions of the map. I amde some other points because I felt like just saying that there is an updated verion is not enough to justify 2 map removals. Also, I kinda wanted to tell people why I didn't like the older minecraft maps for those who asked. The newest updated version is actually quite good, and from someone who hates every other veriosn of the map, that means a lot.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
NOTE: This is a re-post of a post I made in the map removal threat, but it has been up there for weeks and I still don't have a response, so hopefully posting it here will change that.
No, it really won't change anything. Much to your probable dismay, unless there is a game breaking issue with a JB map, it will most likely stay. If people dislike or get tired of map X, they just won't vote for it and there's always rtv. There are only so many different games that can be used in TF2 JB map making so there are bound to always be overlaps but that's aside the point.

We see your post in the map removal thread and it will be processed. These things take time and after all the discussion, Bene has to manually do whatever needs to be done.

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

That is why RTV exists to change maps. There is no advantage nor disadvantage to remove the maps, it is just pointless to even remove the maps in the first place just because it was the majority's ever own decision to vote for the map. If you had vote something else, and/or if majority preferred another map. You wouldn't be having this problem.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom