Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Map Fixer Suggestion VSH SKYHIGH RESORT B8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

1. what's the map name?

VSH_SKYHIGH_RESORT_B8

2. What's the part or big flaw does this map has? and how does it affect the gameplay? and how do you suggest us to fix it? (You must show screenshots or a demo of the "area or place" that you think has an issue in the map)

It is about the ballon wich flies around the map:

1st: The basket is hardly reachable for Hale as it has a very tight roof and mostly he will justget knocked away from the slope, most have to wait until the ballon reaches its starting Point near the Start. This is fairly minor as those who stay in the ballon don't do damage either, it just wastes time waiting for it to go down.

2nd: You can fly ontop of it, where you are not protected, but you can build there, and since it constantly moves it results in buildings just flying in the air and the engineer hopping on it. If the engineer build in a semi-decent place, most Hales (fair 90%) will be unable to reach the flying buildings, resulting in them either just waiting somewhere for the time to end, getting killed or a quick disconnect.
Now you could say that this is map abuse and against the rules, but most Admins don't have either the time/nerves to react to it since it happens very often .

I will be making a poll in where i give 3 possible Options, them being

1st: No, I do not agree
2nd: Yes, I agree with the second Part and the top of the ballon should be made unbuildable on.
3rd: Yes, I fully agree and the Ballon should be either fully removed or changed so you can neither build nor camp in it.

3. is there is an updated version of the map? (if so, give us the link)

There are Custom versions wich have the ballon completely removed, sadly no link as they mostly are private.

4. what game mode is that?

VSH (Versus Saxton Hale) and mayby FF2 (FreakFortress 2)

5. give us a way to contact the creator of this map so we can ask him if we can edit it to fix this flaw or will he do it him self. (it would be even better if you contacted the creator and asked him yourself and waited for his response, so it can be easier for us)

Not found, map file does not seem locked so editing should be easy enought, in case of missing Mapper I can provide a fixed Version after some time.

6. tell us any more info that you think we need to know.

(..)

EDIT: added a file of an Engineer abusing the ballon, keep in mind that most wont go down...

Attachments

• ballongameplay.dem
    4.4 MB · Views: 262
Last edited:

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Every time I join and someone does it, ban. It is glitching and if it can get fixed, that would be amazing :)

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Maybe one of the plebs like Lucas with hammer experience can put a hurt trigger on top of the balloon so anyone who jumps on top dies. It would probably be a little complex though since the balloon moves and I'm not sure if you would have to configure the trigger to move as well.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Maybe one of the plebs like Lucas with hammer experience can put a hurt trigger on top of the balloon so anyone who jumps on top dies. It would probably be a little complex though since the balloon moves and I'm not sure if you would have to configure the trigger to move as well.
Would be easy to do, would take 10 secs once in the map.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Maybe one of the plebs like Lucas with hammer experience can put a hurt trigger on top of the balloon so anyone who jumps on top dies

Altought this surely would solve the problem, it feels a bit harsh to kill anyone who goes on top of it. Keep in mind that some Soliders use it as a retreating point.

Also @Steve Harvey Oswald it may be good for you that you know how to deal with it but most and especially newer players wich cannot Superjump properly are having a hard time with it, also it is in fact Map Abuse...

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
instead, put a hurt/kill trigger whatever it's called around the area that most engineers just camp on, which is like, a tad higher about the big satellite building.

instead of flat out making whoever goes there loses health, as it's something that could be used to outplay the hale in a fairway.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Altought this surely would solve the problem, it feels a bit harsh to kill anyone who goes on top of it. Keep in mind that some Soliders use it as a retreating point.

Also @Steve Harvey Oswald it may be good for you that you know how to deal with it but most and especially newer players wich cannot Superjump properly are having a hard time with it, also it is in fact Map Abuse...

Instead of taking away a popular (and ineffective) engie spot, why not let new players learn to deal with It? We shouldn't make the game easier purely because some newbies don't know how to deal with it right away.

That's be like removing spies because not everybody knows how to distinguish a disguise from a legitimate player.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin

instead, put a hurt/kill trigger whatever it's called around the area that most engineers just camp on, which is like, a tad higher about the big satellite building.

instead of flat out making whoever goes there loses health, as it's something that could be used to outplay the hale in a fairway.
I see what you guys are saying but even when a solider does go up there for a "retreat" the hale can't get them 90% of the time, they would be delaying and not fighting/helping the team and then engies would still be able to build up there. On a separate note I actually learned how to waste two free periods and put the trigger thing I talked about on the balloon, I just need to test it now. Currently it is set to deal 200 damage to anyone who lands on top per tick meaning hale can basically stay on top all day but any red will die within instantly unless they are heavy. We could however discuss changing the balloon to doing less damage but then engies would be able to build on top. A second idea I have would be to make the whole map above a certain point an "unbuildable" zone meaning engies won't be able to put their buildings down even if they are on the balloon when past a certain height.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Its also quite timewasting, around 90% of the games where such an engineer is on the server end due to timeout since those "Newbies" instead of trying just give up and hide/wait somewhere, and I have experienced enought games on the 24/7 Server to see that it won't help them either...

@Jim I obviously would prefer the second Idea, sadly those engineer spots are lower than the high tower so that would mean that they cannot build there either...

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Exactly @Jiggly which is why I prefer the first option but fear not since WE ARE A DEMOCRACY aaaaaaand we're gonna decide collectively what to do.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Its also quite timewasting, around 90% of the games where such an engineer is on the server end due to timeout since those "Newbies" instead of trying just give up and hide/wait somewhere, and I have experienced enought games on the 24/7 Server to see that it won't help them either...

@Jim I obviously would prefer the second Idea, sadly those engineer spots are lower than the high tower so that would mean that they cannot build there either...

If we want to avoid time being wasted we should just ban scouts and spies. Usually if an engineer has a level 3 sentry an incompetent hale will promptly be met with a game over.

Also, no, do not ban scouts and spies.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Nah, scouts and spies are fine, mostly they are either useless or good enought to make the round end faster...
Let's stick to preventing timewaste wich is forbidden by rules anyway, it should help the Admins too...

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Never experienced that if the sentry is floating in the air, as most incompetent Hales will give up, true in other spots but thats a different topic...

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Never experienced that if the sentry is floating in the air, as most incompetent Hales will give up, true in other spots but thats a different topic...

If they give up and move onto other people then there is no problem.

If they give up and simply decide to run the timer then it's the Hale delaying, not the engie.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

The engi building in the sky is Map Abuse already, no matter his damage... and mostly it is that everyone exept the engineer/'s died and the hale wont run into anyone...

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
We never got given a map for this so we're treating it as a bannable offence of glitching now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom