Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Map addition to Jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2049

I used to play on this map called jail_snowballsv20_opst on a server which I wont name but what I liked about it was that people could play many different mini games on that map. It included Plinko, Derby, Glory Hole (no joke thats the name), Boulder Dash, and many more. I think it would be nice to have a new map with different mini games for a change. If you want to read more about it go here http://gamebanana.com/maps/185989

emu

Sufficiently Lethal
Since I'm a somewhat new user, I'm not sure if we ever had this, and from the looks of it, the map doesn't look as "professional" or well-made as the other maps we play on at the moment, but I think adding some maps to the pool might be something to invest in. Playing the same maps with the same minigames over and over (and because of /nominate, it tends to be us switching between Super Mario and Minecraft) becomes boring, new minigames and maps could probably make the game mode more entertaining.

Title Lord

Notably Dangerous
Since I'm a somewhat new user, I'm not sure if we ever had this, and from the looks of it, the map doesn't look as "professional" or well-made as the other maps we play on at the moment, but I think adding some maps to the pool might be something to invest in. Playing the same maps with the same minigames over and over (and because of /nominate, it tends to be us switching between Super Mario and Minecraft) becomes boring, new minigames and maps could probably make the game mode more entertaining.
we had this map along while ago and nobody liked it

Overkill

a byte
Before I say something I might regret, just a disclaimer: I'm not a map maker, I completely think all map makers dedicate most of their time and resources to make great maps for myself and the community, and that I am clearly not the guy you want to talk to or refer to about maps and/or map making. I'm simply a peasant who plays the maps that are given to them, while also giving an honest opinion based on how the map looks like. I haven't played on this map EVER, so it's simply from the pictures and comments I saw.

Pros
- Lot's of mini games, which most maps lack.

- New mini games!!! (I personally love learning new games)
- Big for exploration and bhopping around (sorta; I'll come back to this in cons)

Cons
- Map looks a bit 'unkempt' (lacking of a better word). It looks a bit jumbled up together and confusing to maneuver, might take warden and others a few days to get a handle on where to go and where the mini games are.
- I like the idea of new mini games, but it might be confusing for others to learn about new games (majority of jailbreak players are kids who don't pick up on new games unlike others that do)
- Not many hiding spots + lighting and textures are fuzzy and weird. (Hard to hide)
- Some may say big is always better, but that isn't the case here. I always felt big maps made it harder for blues to catch rebellers. Also, hide and seek would take foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......... you get the idea.

In conclusion, I'm gonna leave it here and let the rest (admins and others who are much more intellectually fluent in map making than I will ever be) decide on what happens. I was just giving an opinion based on how it looks. If you really like it, go for it. I'm not complaining.

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
We had, removed and re added this map twice now I think. I like it and think it's fun but people seem to rtv when it comes on and don't nominate it. It was easily the map with lowest server time when analytics were up. We most likely won't re add it just because someone'll show up in a month from now saying "bleh bad map no one like pls remove." I'm on phone but I'll link the other threads about adding and removing this map from the past some time later.

emu

Sufficiently Lethal
We had, removed and re added this map twice now I think. I like it and think it's fun but people seem to rtv when it comes on and don't nominate it. It was easily the map with lowest server time when analytics were up. We most likely won't re add it just because someone'll show up in a month from now saying "bleh bad map no one like pls remove." I'm on phone but I'll link the other threads about adding and removing this map from the past some time later.
Could we add new maps though? Like a map with different game modes than the normal: Sweeper, obby, dr, and theatre.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

There aren't many new apps up for grabs that aren't utter horse shit. Me and Copyright checked out Mann or Mouse and it's got the same issues as something like WIP, being that it's way too big and that there's way to small a selection of mini games to compensate.

Snowballs is a big map with ugly textures, but most of it's minigames are functional and it has plenty to see and do. To quote Jim for a second here:
I like it and think it's fun but people seem to rtv when it comes on and don't nominate it.
This was likely down to the ugly-ass textures and easy ways to fall off the several cliffs and die. Most people just don't enjoy having to stare at something that looks like it was made in 2003 for an hour.

mr_minati

Truly Feared
We need a mapmaker in this community!

And pls, add the legoland map. I know it may be a bit confusing for some, but I think it deserves another chance.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
We did have this map, and it was removed by a close vote, then I had it reinstated with a much better vote. Seems to have accidentally dissapeared though... Blame Ben Jr. :mad: must b brought back

Used to have legoland as well, and the map is just so damn cramped and most of the games don't work. It's definitely possible to play a normal round, but it usually just ends up with too many prisoners escaping because of the guards' lack of sightlines and narrow hallways.

Also yet another mario-themed map which is unfortunately incredibly broken, but maybe we can get around to fixing it.

Another common map was removed because there was basically ammo around every corner.

Perhaps we could indeed have a week-long event in which all maps are re-added just to see if the general opinion has changed?

D

Deleted member 2120

That map is awful. It looks like it was made by a high 4 year old.

Sakuya

Trickster
We could always just put it in. If people don't like it they just won't nominate it as often but I am 100% certain it does get picked sometimes.
When the map was in I remember it was always get picked because of the name. Once we were on the map everyone would instantly RTV it since they no sense to get around the map and didn't bother to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 12)

Top Bottom