Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Make votekicks tempban for 10 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melectrome

Legendary
Why?
This would help to deal with rulebreakers when admins can't come (due to various reasons)

Pros:
- May help with the "[VALVe] Twilight Sparkle issue", and give more time for admins to come and punish the rulebreaker
- May make the rulebreakers loose interest and stop

Cons:
- When used by a donor abuser may ruin even more fun.

What do you think?

D

Deleted member 2120

It should be 30 minutes. 10 minutes really doesn't do anything.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
This would effectively make it so people could BUY admin powers. The ability to ban people must be delicately protected. We remove donor powers from people for abusing the current abilities they have. I would be terrified to know what people would do if they could ban someone for any length of time.

Melectrome

Legendary
This would effectively make it so people could BUY admin powers. The ability to ban people must be delicately protected. We remove donor powers from people for abusing the current abilities they have. I would be terrified to know what people would do if they could ban someone for any length of time.
It can be even 5 mins or something else, the point is the current votekick is useless if used for good, as the rulebreaker can instantly come back. Not to mention during voting some trolls or rulebreakers friends can vote no a couple of times making it even more pointless.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
It can be even 5 mins or something else, the point is the current votekick is useless if used for good, as the rulebreaker can instantly come back. Not to mention during voting some trolls or rulebreakers friends can vote no a couple of times making it even more pointless.
This does nothing to prevent those who avoid the votes anyway. Donors only have limited abilities and that is by design.

Doomsday.exe

Strange
Mhm, again - this is a sticky situation. Although hackers will likely just create new accounts and be back on within a couple of minutes, this may deter them from joining. However as Rob said, buying Admin Powers is something very dodgy that shouldn't really happen, as it's easy to see how it can be abused.

The hacking problem is incredibly hard to deal with, perhaps VAC will actually become a viable system some day.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
Pros:
- May help with the "[VALVe] Twilight Sparkle issue", and give more time for admins to come and punish the rulebreaker
- May make the rulebreakers loose interest and stop

Cons:
- When used by a donor abuser may ruin even more fun.
Pros: There are none

Cons: Will most likely be abused.
Why temp ban someone for ten minutes anyway?
Will show bans on sourcebans which can affect Appeals and Applications if the admins don't know the person didn't break any rules or don't believe them.
It's a kick, not a ban rather add a voteban then(Which we still shouldn't do)
Can be used to countiniously ban someone.
There are probably a hundred more reasons for why this is a bad idea but these are probably the most obvious ones.

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

Yes I agree when dealing with a hacker the vote-kick can be useless in most cases. However the ability to ban someone given to random people, just seems like it would create more problems then solutions. Unfortunately too many people would just want to jump on the wagon just to participate in "banning" someone.

The hacking problem is incredibly hard to deal with, perhaps VAC will actually become a viable system some day.

I highly doubt it. While they do their Vac bans in Waves primarily, If they made it so the game could not be hacked, they would lose a chunk of their player base. Sad but being a F2P game, I don't see them implementing something like that.

Best course I think is to leave as is. Can be pain for some I agree, but going the other route just seems like it could more painful in the long run, especially for staff here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom