Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Make door glitching KOS by default

Hampter

Scarcely Lethal

zesdash

I think it will be a bad idea if someone closed the door by accident and people still staying in the door would get hurt and have to go to the medic Room

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

If someone is door glitching, they are automatically KoS.

They are detouring/delaying the current orders from the Warden.

It's down to the Warden whether they choose to ignore it and allow the RED to continue, but since 'No Pardoning REDs' is a thing, they should automatically be killed.

If the door is closed as the RED is entering the minigame, that's not the RED player's fault. The Guard/Warden is at fault, or another RED is (who would then be KoS unless the button is on the direct path to the minigame/area they are moving to).

Corrin

Positively Inhumane

Pompous

I think I might as well add onto the thread, expand it a little, and give more ideas of what this can provide.
So what Hyped Banana wants is for door glitching to be KOS, in which instance do you think it might be KOS?
It'll only be KOS if warden says so and to stop door glitching, or if they are using it to cheat a minigame, but his idea goes even further.

What this provides:
Pros:
- All door glitching to be KOS
- Prevent rebelling, in some way or another
- Prevent button blocking *possibly*

Cons:
- None as of so far, in my experience, but people complain at wardens who do this

Pkay

-------
I don't think it will be a good idea to forbid door glitching, if the warden says follow the marker and put the marker partially inside a minigame without saying to get inside of the minigame then the reds outside/on the door's way are not KOS even though they are door glitching, similarly at the start of the round, reds can be in the doors way if the warden said it is out of cell rebel day, even if they door glitch they wouldn't be kos. On another hand if the warden said to get inside of the minigame, people door glitching are delaying by not being truly inside of it. I highly believe such a rule addition would bring more problems than solutions, the best way to fix it without bringing more confusion is to simply add to the explanations in the rules that doorways/doors are not considered as being "inside" of any location, this way reds may door glitch if the warden never specified to be inside of a minigame/corridor/ etc... .

Corrin

Positively Inhumane

Pompous

Thank you Pkay for the cons of this idea and providing various situations that it can turn out messy, I'm changing my vote to No but only if I could, and thanks for this rule suggestion:
I highly believe such a rule addition would bring more problems than solutions, the best way to fix it without bringing more confusion is to simply add to the explanations in the rules that doorways/doors are not considered as being "inside" of any location, this way reds may door glitch if the warden never specified to be inside of a minigame/corridor/ etc... .

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Vote is inconclusive, so I am going to decline this thread.

Thank you for the suggestion however

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom