Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Make all Freeday Special rounds 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Burns a whole 10 minutes on days like tiny or freeday for all if no one rebels.
Tiny round is a FFA, which I've never seen go to time since the guards immediately blast the Reds and each other to bits.
As for freeday LRs, reds can win 90% of the time if they rebel, if they want to enjoy their free day they should be able to do that.
Imo not really worth changing :/

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
Tiny round is a FFA, which I've never seen go to time since the guards immediately blast the Reds and each other to bits.
As for freeday LRs, reds can win 90% of the time if they rebel, if they want to enjoy their free day they should be able to do that.
Imo not really worth changing :/
Guards aren’t supposed to go sicko mode until FF turns on. Once the initial grace period ends, people tend to hide in hard to reach areas that no one expects. Also, on freedays with competent guards, if the initial rebellers are defused, everyone tends to just sit around waiting for stuff to happen.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Guards aren’t supposed to go sicko mode until FF turns on. Once the initial grace period ends, people tend to hide in hard to reach areas that no one expects. Also, on freedays with competent guards, if the initial rebellers are defused, everyone tends to just sit around waiting for stuff to happen.
1) Naturally.
2) Is sometimes a problem, but not often. A blu Soldier with kritz can reach just about any area, outside of exploit-level shenanigans.
3) Rarely do they just "sit around." A freeday is a good time to explore a map, practice a minigame you struggle with or would like to get better at, or maybe just enjoy not being ordered around every 5 seconds.

Pkay

-------
Hey Tax,
I myself think that it is not a bad idea to decrease the time of freeday-like special rounds, but I do think that halving the time to half is a bit overkill, specially since your reason is not very convincing. Maybe decrease the time of free for all rounds to 6 minutes and let the normal freeday(with rtd) rounds remain the same length, after all if you died on the red team is because you rebelled(which is normal and expected to happen and there is no reason to complain about that) and dying in the blue team is something common specially when you join the blue team.
The main issue here is that someone picked the LR to do something and have fun outside of the common round, I don't think I would be very happy if I were to pick a freeday thinking that I would be able to sharpen my skills in climb just to suddenly see that I have half the time I would normally have.
Your idea is a good one, but in order to convince more people you need stronger arguments in favor of your proposition.

~Pkay

Corrin

Positively Inhumane

Pompous

Saying yes to this, you've got my vote in.

I too, feel like this would be a better idea, and not sitting around for 10 minutes waiting for people to rebel or the guards to die.

It also causes people to leave, causing the server to slowly die and overall, I think 5 minutes is the most balanced and enough for people to rebel and guards to die, thank you Tax for the suggestion!

Hyped

Rage Inducing
I have mixed feelings about this
Yes, it wastes time but its a free day, people should get to do whatever they want.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Thank you for the suggestion.
Here are the new LR times in seconds:

C++:
case FreedayAll:time = 300;
case HHHDay:time = 300;
case TinyRound:time = 300;
case Gravity:time = 300;
case Warday:time = 420;
case ClassWars:time = 420;
case GotToGoFast:time = 300;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom