Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Mae's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
Username: Mae

Name
Mae

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year. 8 days, 14 hours, 18 minutes, 4 seconds

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_1:1:126431482

Your DiscordID
Mae#4708

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
badlands.tf, I have the lead dev's discord available on hand for reference.
I left due to the project closing down, and with no bad terms.

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I mainly play on Jailbreak servers, usually the US one and occasionally the LA one.
I would like to help out across all JB servers if possible.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
Because its not often enough there's an active staff member online with JB's fluctuating playerbase on a daily basis. One day it can be active, and there isn't a mod or admin on because it was thought the server was dead the whole day, and a lot can happen during then. Which is why I want to help especially during those off days.
That and general rule enforcement, heard way too many pardons happen and just general free killing.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

*Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Iv'e spoken to and know ;
Mr/Miss Benedevil
Dee
BananAsriel
Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf
Lucas
Spade
Fenneko
Oak
Lightning Rodd
Scouten
Alex.bsp
Miss Netty

There are more people I have spoken to but I do not know well ;
Shades

How often do you play TF2?
Usually everyday, Monday-Friday are my best times as I tend to be busy during the weekend due to my family being Latino,

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
These punishments can be permanent and issued without warning the recipient on jail break.

This punishment ladder will follow a guide of escalating punishment depending on the severity of the recipients actions and varies per category/ repeated times of said offense committed. If a punishment is received from a player report, the punishment can, but not limited to, extend to 12 hours or a full day.

[ General Ladder for JB ]

= Cheating : Permanently Ban + Demo/Record for proof

= NSFW spray/ sign/ decals/ etc : Spray ban

= Failing a mic check by staff : Team Banned

= Vote dodging donor vote : Varies
Depending on what the vote was called for, will be handled accordingly by mods/admin input. However, Dodging a vote can add time to the resulting punishment afterward (Team Banned, Mute, etc)

= Toxicity : Mute + Gag
Warn -> 30 minutes -> 1 hour -> 3 hours -> 7 hours -> 12 hours -> 1 Days -> 2 -> 4 Days -> 1 week -> 2 weeks -> 1 month -> Mute/Gagged Permanently

= Mic / Chat spam: Mute + Gag
Warn -> 30 minutes -> 1 hour -> 3 hours -> 7 hours -> 12 hours -> 1 Days -> 2 -> 4 Days -> 1 week -> 2 weeks -> 1 month -> Mute/Gagged Permanently

= Unwilling to be Warden: Team Banned
Slay+ Force random warden on blues -> 1 hour -> 3 hours -> 7 hours -> 12 hours -> 1 day -> 3 Days -> 1 week -> 1 month -> Team Banned

= Griefing ( Baiting as blue, or button griefing, etc) : Team Banned
Warn -> 30 minutes -> 1 hour -> 3 hours -> 7 hours -> 12 hours -> 1 day -> 3 Days -> 1 week -> 1 month -> Team Banned

= Ghosting: Mute + Gag
Warn -> 30 minutes -> 1 hour -> 3 hours -> 7 hours -> 12 hours -> 1 Days -> 3 Days -> 1 week -> 2 weeks -> 1 month -> Mute

= Delaying:
Warn OR Beacon/Slay (Depending on round timer)

*= Armory camping or Unreachable areas: Varies
If a first time offense, warn the user. Any repeated offense will be slayed after with no warning,

*= Sticky trapping : Team Banned
Warn -> Slay -> 30 minute Ban -> 3 hour Ban-> 7 hour Ban -> 1 day Ban -> 3 day ban -> 1 Week Ban -> Permanently banned

= Speaking over the current Warden: Mute
Warn -> 30 minutes -> 1 hour -> 3 hours -> 7 hours -> 12 hours -> 1 Days -> 3 Days -> 1 week -> 2 weeks -> 1 month -> Mute

= Trick orders and illegal orders ( Illegal FF, pardons, player favoritism, Kill orders ) : Team Banned
Warn -> Slay -> 30 minutes -> 1 hour -> 2 hours -> 7 hours -> 12 hours -> 1 day -> 3 Days -> 4 Days -> 1 week -> 2 weeks -> 1 month -> Team Banned

= Free hit : Team Banned
Warn -> Slay -> 30 minutes -> 1 hour -> 3 hours -> 7 hours -> 12 hours -> 1 day -> 3 Days -> 1 week -> 1 month -> Team Banned

*= Free killing (Including Freedays, LR Freedays and Mass Fk) : Team Banned
Depending if Accidental or not, Warn + Slay -> 1 hour Team ban -> 5 hours -> 1 day -> 1 week -> 1 month ->Team banned
If done with the pure intent to kill, Team ban 3 days -> 1 week -> 1 month -> 3 months -> Team Banned

= LR denial: Team Banned
Warn -> 1 hour -> 3 hours -> 7 hours -> 12 hours -> 1 day -> 3 Days -> 1 week -> 1 month -> Team Banned

= Camping rebel spots: Team Banned
Warn -> slay + 30 minutes -> 1 hour -> 3 hours -> 7 hours -> 12 hours -> 1 day -> 3 Days -> 1 week -> 1 month -> Team Banned

= Teamkilling during FF (Blue side) : Team Banned
Warn -> slay + 30 minutes -> 1 hour -> 3 hours -> 7 hours -> 12 hours -> 1 day -> 3 Days -> 1 week -> 1 month -> Team Banned

= Illegal hunt and chase (Blue guard departed Wardens side without permission) : Team Banned

= Forcing a Freeday : Team Banned
Slay + force warden on a random blu right after + Warning -> 1 hour -> -> 3 hours -> 7 hours -> 1 day -> 3 Days -> 1 week -> 1 month -> Team Banned

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Applied prior, waited approximately 93 days before reapplying again.
Hopefully my chat logs are cleaner than my first week joining blackwonder.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Spanish, Chilean

*Removed Practical as requested by them from the known people I've spoken to
*Updated The free kill punishment ladder
*Updated the sticky trapping punishment only for the Blue team
*Updated the description for armory/unreachable camping
*Added Netty to the people list, was given permission to

Last edited:

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Prior app.
Logs.
Only punishment on record is a 1 day teamban from me for no orders from February 2020.
User has made several reports and been active on both the jb and minecraft servers (though I can't speak for their activity on the latter).
Stop feeding trolls.
I think this is the big takeaway there. I personally haven't seen any instances of this behavior occurring, but it's still prudent to emphasize.
Quick ladder critiques:
= Armory camping or Unreachable areas:
Warn -> Slay
And should they continue?
= Sticky trapping : Server Ban
Warn -> Slay -> 1 hour Ban -> 3 hour Ban -> 7 hour Ban -> 3 day Ban -> 1 Week Ban -> 3 Week Ban -> Permanently banned
This is only a teamban if a blue is doing it.
= Free killing (Including Freedays, LR Freedays and Mass Fk) : Team Banned
1 hour -> 4 hours -> 8 hours -> 12 hours -> 1 day -> Team Banned
This is a bit short and MFK usually warrants harsher punishment.
Despite the overwhelming amount of negative attention you've attracted I don't think you're that bad of an individual, at least as far as moderating jailbreak is concerned. So long as you keep a clear head I have no objections with you becoming staff. Good luck on your application.

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
Prior app.
Logs.
Only punishment on record is a 1 day teamban from me for no orders from February 2020.
User has made several reports and been active on both the jb and minecraft servers (though I can't speak for their activity on the latter).

I think this is the big takeaway there. I personally haven't seen any instances of this behavior occurring, but it's still prudent to emphasize.
Quick ladder critiques:

And should they continue?

This is only a teamban if a blue is doing it.

This is a bit short and MFK usually warrants harsher punishment.
Despite the overwhelming amount of negative attention you've attracted I don't think you're that bad of an individual, at least as far as moderating jailbreak is concerned. So long as you keep a clear head I have no objections with you becoming staff. Good luck on your application.
I don't recall the teamban cause I never did experience being team banned during that time, I guess I just forgot about it (realizing this was over a year ago, before I seriously got into blackwonder around August, at least its clean to an extent?)

I'll update the ladder accordingly, cause I do agree as MFK is done usually with the intent, a harsher sentence is warranted. Also I do believe that mistakes happen, as I've had a report done on me in the past regarding a mass free kill, which PK I believe assured it was on accident. I slayed promptly after realizing my mistake. I think others should be entitled to the same understanding. However, strict punishment should be applied if its obvious they're taking advantage of their "Accidents".
And yea, I've had my fair share of run ins with groups of people and individuals to get a rise out of me, and I've kept my mind solely on just reporting it if its a rule break.

Thanks for your help, and thank you for the kind wishes ?

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Thank you for your application. As discussed privately, we will not be moving forward with your application at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 9)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom