Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined loporlp's admin application

Status
Not open for further replies.

loporlp

Strange
Personal Information

Name
Mason

Your Age

United states

Your SteamID

STEAM_0:0:71629470

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?

Sadly no, but I'm hoping this will be a great start in my en devours of being an admin

Are you familiar with admin commands?

Only a few but I'm happy to learn them all

On which servers do you usually play?

I play almost exclusively on Blackwonder LA | Jailbreak and random blackwonder hightower servers

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?

I don't think there is too much to say for why I want to be an admin. To be frank I don't think there are enough jailbreak admins. I believe jailbreak is one of those servers with many rules that basically needs an admin on everyday to enforce. I know that's not possible with how many admins there are which is why I believe I could make a great addition. In my 2 years of jailbreak experience I see admins on once in a blue moon and that's not just in blackwonder servers. I think most servers have this problem of not having enough people enforcing the rules in jailbreak. I feel like I can fill that role and still be a strong part of the community not only as an admin but as a player. Currently a lot of admins I see usually just join after a call admin or they are just on there observing I very rarely see an admin participating in the game, especially on red team. I believe I am able to be there to fill that role of an admin and a player.

Do you know any of our current staff members?

Unfortunately no

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.

Around 2.45 to 4 MST 3/5 business days (I work 3 times a week part time) other 2 business days 2:45 to 11 PM
Saturday 9 am to 5 PM
Sunday 9 am to 11 pm

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
Red Team Rulebreaks
Constant Mic Spam - 1 hour gag mute if continues 1 day, 2 day 3 day, week, slowly moving up in scale

Usage of Exploits - If seen 1 day ban then 3, then week. If it's a report I would need sufficient evidence before punishing.

Blue Team Rulebreaks
Talking Over Warden - I'll start off with warnings and if I know the offender has heard my warnings and continues to do it 1 hour gag mute, then 1 day if they keep doing it 1 week teamban and gag mute

Free Kills I will split this into two parts Obvious Accidents and on Purpose

Obvious accident - If I see it slay if it happens again 1 hour team ban then 1 day. If it continues I move into the Purpose punishments

Purpose - Instant 1 day team ban after that 1 week. After that I move to mass freekill punishments. This may seem harsh but freekilling ruins the game for a person forcing them to sit out and an offender should not go unpunished

Mass Freekilling - Instant 1 week ban on top of a 2 week teamban after that I just keep doubling it for repeat offenses. This is my harshest punishment because freekilling is completely and utterly unacceptable and if a person knows they are breaking this rule I will have no leniency.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I'm always eager to learn and I can learn fast
I am a 4.0 student in school which I believe can show that I am reliable

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2049

Spammers/Mic - Give them a formal warning with pop-up message as an admin, so there is no doubt that they've seen it. If it continues, a 30min gag/mute, then 24 hours, a week etc.
Simple Rule Breakers (ie griefing/exploiting) - If I witness it, I would warn them. If they continue a 1 day ban. If it's a report and the player is no longer on the server, I would give a 1 day ban, then a week if it persists.
Specifically what with griefing/exploiting? A week ban after a day ban is a big jump as a punishment length. Things like Blus button griefing should result in a teamban and things like ammo glitching on Red should result in a ban.

Free Killers - If a simple free kill just a slay if it persists a teamban
How long?

Mass Free Kill - If I see it instant 1 week ban
This one is actually ok, but what about if the person does it again?

I recommend that you take a look at previously accepted applications to get an understanding of what is being looked for in an application, yours just seems like you tried filling the minimum of it but it's not even detailed enough. Tfstats is down at the moment, don't know when it will come back up but I reply at a later time once changes have been made to your app and/or I can view tfstats again.

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

Thanks for the reply once I get home I'll make sure to revise it
@RainbowRob lol

IMG_20190218_134758.jpg
IMG_20190218_134820.jpg

Removing one entire sentence and adding your own does not hide the obvious act of plagiarism.

loporlp

Strange
I needed a punishment format and after looking I liked his and after a while I will admit I did get lazy and only changed a few things no real excuse just laziness my B

D

Deleted member 2049

I needed a punishment format and after looking I liked his and after a while I will admit I did get lazy and only changed a few things no real excuse just laziness my B
Let me ask you something, do you think if you were to apply for a job and be lazy about it that your boss would still hire you?

The fact that you had to use someone else's application and copy that directly without even having your application look good itself is like an insult to the person you plagarized.

loporlp

Strange
I see that and thats something I absolutly can't excuse myself from but to show I am in fact dedicated to this application I can rewrite the entire app for you

General Zimmer

Store Manager
to show I am in fact dedicated to this application I can rewrite the entire app for you

You should honestly have done that from that start, and only apply with a finished app. maybe then only make a few minor changes to the finished app if needed(Colors, grammar mistakes, etc).

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

Constant Mic Spam - 1 hour gag mute if continues 1 day, 2 day 3 day, week, slowly moving up in scale

Usage of Exploits - If seen 1 day ban then 3, then week. If it's a report I would need sufficient evidence before punishing.
This should be applied for everyone in any gamemode, not specifically for Jailbreak and their prisoners.
Talking Over Warden - I'll start off with warnings and if I know the offender has heard my warnings and continues to do it 1 hour gag mute, then 1 day if they keep doing it 1 week teamban and gag mute
You shouldn't just be randomly spewing out actions just because they exist. In this case, they are using their voice to break the rules meaning that both gagging and teambanning are unnecessary.

You are missing a lot of rules, I recommend going here to expand on it.

Your first impression is everything
So when I see someone claiming that they are too lazy to even submit a complete application, it tells me that you would probably do nothing once we do accept you as an admin.

There's nothing wrong with liking another's work and using it as reference. But there's a huge difference between referencing one's work to outright copying and pasting claiming that it's yours until someone had to call you out.

Taking note with everything mentioned above, I am completely against supporting you.

D

Deleted member 2049

You already made a bad first impression so I won't be changing my -Support. I recommend waiting a while before applying again but write the application yourself without copying and pasting someone else's.

D

Deleted member 2049

I teambanned lopo a few minutes ago for illegal FF - thats not epic

loporlp

Strange
I apologized to everyone directly after stating it was an accident and I was going to slay myself but you did it for me I think the teamban was unnecessary for an accident

D

Deleted member 2049

I apologized to everyone directly after stating it was an accident and I was going to slay myself but you did it for me I think the teamban was unnecessary for an accident
Actually, I should have originally banned you for a week instead for getting over half the team killed but I knew it was an accident which is why it was a teamban. Hopefully you are able to not make the same mistake again but the teamban will remain regardless.

What makes it more unfortunate was after I had disabled friendly fire for you and even told you not to press it again because I disabled it, you turned it on AGAIN

loporlp

Strange
Ill accept the teamban but let me explain what happened
I have my scroll wheel bound to jumping so I can bhop so the only way to switch weapons is the numbers I am also in a discord with friends

Cut to me pressing 3 trying to switch to my melee to hit the buttons and turning ff on then me not hearing you do to discord thats why when i finally noticed I profusely apologize
it was the perfect storm lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom