Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined kermit sewerside's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
User name: Kermit sewerside

Name
kermit sewerside

Your Age

Your SteamID

Your DiscordID
markos#9794

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
A dodgeball server for about 2 years before the inferno update I don't remember the IP.

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I play on jailbreak AUS and would like to moderate on it.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I am on almost every day and always see people doing things against the server rules when there are no mods or admins on so I would like to help. I will treat all matters as professionally as I can to improve my skills. I am also ready to adapt to any rules you may have, and I will be happy to read (learn) all of the rules to perform at the best of my ability at all times. I also love banning people who think it's smart to cheat or to think its a good idea to be a mic spammer or chat spammer.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

When are you usually available to play?
Every day between 6 am to 12 am AEDT. (Australian eastern daylight time)

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
I will punish based on whatever rules are broken,
for mic spammers, it will be a temporary mute: 1 hour > 2 hours > 24 hours > 1 week > 1 year > permanent. For

racism and offensive to other players: 1 day > 1 week > 1 year > permanent.

Cheaters I will permanently ban no matter what.

Text spamming: Warning > 1 hour gag > 5 hour gag > 1 day gag > 1 week gag > 1 year gag > permanent.

!calladmin abuse: 1 hour ban > 3 hour ban > 5 hours ban > 1 week ban > 5 weeks ban > 1 year ban > permanent.

inappropriate sprays: Warning so they can change their spray and if they don't > Permanent spray ban.

Exploiting glitches: 1 hour ban > 1 week ban > 5 weeks ban > 1 year ban > permanent ban.

Advertising cheats/software: Permanent mute/gag.

Afk for more than 2 rounds or a few minutes: kick.

Talking over warden or a mic checking admin: Warning > 1 hour mute > 5 hours mute > 1 day mute > 1 week mute > 5 weeks mute > 1 year mute > Permanent mute.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I have an accumulative of about 600 hours on tf2 and I have 6 years of service on steam and I am pretty good at tf2. And I also like playing on jailbreak and vsh servers and I have a clear and working mic. I've been playing blackwonder for a very long time now almost every day and night because I enjoy playing on it the most and I always like to help new players that don't understand how to play JB to understand how to play.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Turkish

Last edited:

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Howdy Kermit,
So I guess I'll review this, even though I'm not on AUSJB as often as some of its more dedicated staff. Lets begin.
Prior punishments: No bans on record, always good. You were gagged for racism about a month ago, which is still recent enough to be cause for concern, but it is your only commblock. Your teambans are attached. Admittedly that recent donor punishment looks fishy, but it still doesn't look pretty. The 1 week teamban expired only 3 days ago, and occurred while this app was present on the forums. Not a good sign, especially since Jailbreak seems to be your main server and the one you primarily wish to moderate.
Punishment ladder: Overall, your ladders could use some work, for starters they're a little too spaced out for my liking. A lot of them jump from a day, to a week, to a year, which is a bit on the extreme side. I'd recommend looking at some of the accepted applicants submitted ladders to give yourself a better understanding of whats expected here (Please do NOT plagiarize their apps, however!). It also seems very short for a Jailbreak ladder, which I will touch on later. Lastly before we move on:
Talking over others: Warning > 1 hour mute > 5 hours mute > 1 day mute > 1 week mute > 5 weeks mute > 1 year mute > Permanent mute.
We don't punish for this unless the individual being overtalked is the Warden or a staff member trying to mic check blu team.
Chat logs: They look acceptable, unfortuately with the functionality coming out of beta many of the older logs were lost to the reset, so there's no way be sure on that front.
Personal experience: I only have one noteworthy experience with you that I can remember off-hand, and that was your first teamban, less than a month ago. You were punished for leaving FF on after ending cell wars and getting a red killed as a result, Not a huge mistake, but considering I had just punished another player for the same thing a round earlier, something you were there to witness, its still a bit disappointing.
Conclusion: You seem to be a decent player, not overly toxic or malicious, but your recent punishments and shallow ladders, coupled with the fact that you only just joined the forums (and don't appear to be in our discord either, although I could be mistaken on that front), leads me to believe that your knowledge of the rules is lacking in what is looked for in a staff member. I'd recommend reading this:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200203-153241_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20200203-153241_Discord.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 146
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom