Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Keres's Moderator Application

Keres

Uncharitable
Username: Keres

Name
DaughtersOfNyx

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Yes (https://tfstats.tf/player/34313519)

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:228297028

Your DiscordID
Keres#2870

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
AusCopter for Rust. This was a x1000 Rust server mostly made for gunplay and minicopter flying (hence the name). The server (whilst I was moderating it) could be found at https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/rust/6601027 (But has now switched to a new server found at https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/rust/14703273). I moderated this server around 2019/2020 (my memory is foggy) but during that time I helped set up the server discord and tebex (different tebex now) and dealt with ingame events and the occasional hacker. I'd say it helped me by learning to keep a level head (Rust is generally a toxic game) and I never lashed out or used any power to get revenge. Unfortunately the commands for Rust server moderation are different so I'd have to learn that again but I'm up for the challenge! Eventually I unfortunately had to step down due to increasing school pressure :(

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
AUS Jailbreak: 139.99.130.6:27100
US Jailbreak: 85.117.240.51:27005
AUS Bhop 139.99.130.6:27080

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I decided to apply for moderator because I'm really interested in these servers and really enjoy playing on them. I've seen the issues that rulebreakers can cause, especially late at nights (Australian time) or when they avoid donor votes. I think my past experience as well as time spent on the blw servers have really helped me to get an idea for the community and I like to think I gel well with a fair amount of the US JB pop. (I could be incorrectly assuming though I suppose) I frequently try and warn players when they're about to break rules (think illegal ff, invalid orders or denying lr) and I try to be fair when using the limited donor powers in order to help make the server experience run smoothly for everyone.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you know or have spoken to
honey
CometPM/Peter
Pienami

How often do you play TF2?
Usually at least 4 hours a day, this can be shorter when I have work on weekends and longer when I do not. School is finishing very soon (finals next week 😃) and after that's over I'll be able to consistently put in even more hours.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
I believe that when punishing players intent is a very important thing, for example if somebody is targeting harassment against another user I believe this should be taken more seriously than somebody saying something once, despite this if a rule is broken a punishment should be given.

General Rules
Racism/Excess Toxicity, Spamming, Advertising (Excluding cheats), Low quality (Unusable) mic (Gag/Mute/Silence depending on text/voice/both): Warn->1 Hour->4 Hours->8 Hours->12 Hours->1 Day->3 Days->1 Week->2 Weeks->1 Month->Perm

Advertising Cheats: Permanent Gag

Cheating/Hacking: Record via demo and shadowplay/OBS then Perm Ban

Exploiting: Warn->2 Hour ban->8 Hour ban->1 Day ban->3 Day Ban->1 Week ban->2 Week Ban->1 Month ban->Perm Ban

!calladmin Abuse: Warn (May be skipped if they are doing it maliciously, may also warn again if they are doing it due to being unaware of the rules and different from previous warn)->6 Hour gag->4 Hour ban->12 Hour ban->1 Day ban->3 Day ban->1 Week ban->1 Month ban->Perm Ban

Griefing: Warning->Slay->1 Hour ban->4 Hour ban->8 Hour ban->1 Day ban->2 Day Ban->1 Week ban->2 Week Ban->1 Month ban->Perm ban

Punishment Evasion (through alts or exploits, intent matters, if it is a glitch on the server's part then simply warn before escalating):
- Avoiding a TBan through exploit: Warn->6 Hour ban->1 Day Ban->1 Week Ban->1 Month Ban->Perm ban
- Avoiding a mute through exploit: Warn->Kick->4 Hour Ban->8 Hour Ban->1 Day Ban->1 Week Ban-> 1 Month Ban->Perm ban
- Avoiding a ban with alts: Perm Ban (And punish main if not perm banned)

Inappropriate Spray/Sign: Permanent Sprayban

Staff Impersonation: Warn->6 Hour Mute->1 Day ban->3 Day Ban->1 Week Ban->2 Week Ban->1 Month ban->Perm ban

Staff Callouts (Important to note intent, if they are undercover and the callout is malicious then punishment is likely in order): Warn (Explain to them why it's an issue to callout staff)->4 Hour Mute/Gag->8 Hour Mute/Gag->4 Hour ban->12 Hour ban->1 Day Ban->3 Day Ban->1 Week Ban

Donor Rules

Abusing Votes (Jokingly/On self/For Advantage/Maliciously): This punishment depends on the intent. I am unaware if there is a way to temporarily revoke donor commands outside of a gag so I am using gag in place of that. Warn->1 Day Ban->3 Day Ban->Revoke Donor Status

Jailbreak Rules

Speaking over Admin/Warden: Warn->1 Hour Mute->4 Hour Mute->8 Hour Mute->12 Hour Mute->1 Day Mute->2 Day Mute

Armory Camping (Bans for reds, TBans for Blus): Warn->Slay->1 Hour->4 Hours->8 Hours->12 Hours->1 Day->3 Days->1 Week

Delaying (Multiple warnings may be necessary for players unaware on special LRs such as fighting on Warday, LGKA as Blu etc) Warn->Slay->1 Hour Ban->4 Hour Ban->8 Hour Ban->12 Hour Ban

Ghosting (Only gag as players are automatically muted on Jailbreak when they die): Warn->1 Hour Gag->4 Hour Gag->8 Hour Gag->12 Hour Gag->1 Day Gag

False Accusations (I think that anything more severe than a gag should only occur if you have warned them for this specific occurrence and they continue to make the accusation, apart from that I believe warning (or rather explaining why it wasn't a FK etc) is more useful and leads to more educated players): Warn->1 Hour Gag/Mute->4 Hour Gag/Mute->8 Hour Gag/Mute->12 Hour Gag/Mute

Sticky Trapping (Counts as delaying, Ban for Red, TBan for Blu): Warn->Slay->1 Hour->4 Hours->8 Hours->12 Hours->1 Day

Jailbreak (BLU Side) Rules

Unusable/No Mic: Permanent TBan until demonstrated to a staff that they have a usable mic

Unwilling to warden (Killbinding everytime, !uw, asking for fire, forcing freeday) Warn->1 Hour TBan->4 Hour TBan->8 Hour TBan->12 Hour TBan->1 Day TBan->3 Day TBan->1 Week TBan->2 Week TBan->1 Month TBan->Perm TBan

Warden Impersonation: Warn->Slay->1 Hour Mute->4 Hour Mute->8 Hour Mute->12 Hour Mute->1 Day Mute

Freekilling (Depends on intent, if misclick and they slay then punishment can usually be avoided unless it is a repeated pattern): Slay->1 Hour TBan->4 Hour TBan->8 Hour TBan->12 Hour TBan->1 Day TBan->3 Day TBan->1 Week TBan->2 Week TBan->1 Month TBan->Perm TBan

Freehitting (Depends on intent, if unintended then punishment can usually be avoided unless it is a repeated pattern): Warn->Slay->1 Hour TBan->2 Hour TBan->4 Hour TBan->6 Hour TBan->12 Hour TBan->1 Day TBan

Force Baiting (Punishable under Freekill ladder if they kill the Red)

Camping rebel areas/rebel area entrances: Warn->Slay->1 Hour TBan->2 Hour TBan->4 Hour TBan->6 Hour TBan->12 Hour TBan->1 Day TBan

Disguising (Not sure if this is even possible anymore): Warn->Slay

Hunting/Chasing without express permission from warden (Punishable under Freekill ladder if they kill the Red, a verbal warning before they kill to go back to warden if possible)

MFK (If I recall defined as 3 or more reds freekilled? If a BLU realistically misclicked or misjudged a rocket then leniancy may be given down to a 12 Hour/1 Day TBan): 1 Week TBan->2 Week TBan->1 Month TBan->Perm TBan

Teamkilling (apart from FFA LRs): Slay->1 Hour TBan->4 Hour TBan->8 Hour TBan->12 Hour TBan->1 Day TBan->1 Week TBan->1 Month TBan->Perm TBan

Illegal FF (Turn FF off and respawn if needed. Includes ff for no reason, meatgrinder/arena as first minigame and cell wars with 5 or more BLUs): Slay->1 Hour TBan->2 Hour TBan->4 Hour TBan->8 Hour TBan->12 Hour TBan->1 Day TBan->1 Week TBan->2 Week TBan

Favoritism/Pardoning Reds: Warn->Slay->1 Hour TBan->2 Hour TBan->4 Hour TBan->6 Hour TBan->12 Hour TBan->1 Day TBan->2 Day TBan

Chaining Days/Minigames: Warn->Slay->1 Hour TBan->2 Hour TBan->4 Hour TBan->6 Hour TBan->12 Hour TBan

LR Denial: Warn->Slay->1 Hour TBan->2 Hour TBan->4 Hour TBan->6 Hour TBan->12 Hour TBan->1 Day TBan

Camping Warden (Repeatedly forcing warden longer than 3 rounds): Warn->Slay->1 Hour TBan->2 Hour TBan->4 Hour TBan->6 Hour TBan

Kill Orders: (Punishable under FK/MFK if any BLU follows the order)

Please let me know if I forgot anything!

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I'd like to thank anybody who took their time to read/skim this (staff or otherwise) and thank you for your consideration. I will say that whilst I'd love to have this position, if it gets denied I'll take it in stride, I'll continue to happily play on the servers, interact with members/staff and use the donor powers legitimately where necessary. I've been playing games since I think age 6 or 7 (PvZ on my father's phone) and coding since 9. I'm now going into a Computer Science degree next year and in the past have coded Rust Server Plugins, games, apps and more!

Au Revoir!

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Edits:

• Added Pie to staff list
  • Modified donor abuse punishments from: (Warn->1 Hour gag->6 Hour gag->12 Hour gag->Revoke donor status) to: (Warn->1 Hour Ban->6 Hour Ban->Revoke Donor Status)
  • General edits to punishment ladder
  • Further edits to punishment ladder, made some punishments more leniant
  • Slight grammar and wording edits

Last edited:

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
No priors, logs are clean as well.
Abusing Votes (Jokingly/On self/For Advantage/Maliciously): This punishment depends on the intent. I am unaware if there is a way to temporarily revoke donor commands outside of a gag so I am using gag in place of that. Warn->1 Hour gag->6 Hour gag->12 Hour gag->Revoke donor status
Gagging someone doesn't block their access to donor commands (as far as I'm aware), so you should use bans here. The rest of your ladders look at least passable.
Good luck.

Keres

Uncharitable
Thank you for your response and feedback 10k!

Gagging someone doesn't block their access to donor commands (as far as I'm aware), so you should use bans here.

Modified to: Warn->1 Hour Ban->6 Hour Ban->Revoke Donor Status (Warns mainly in positions where the donor was not doing it maliciously, but if they have a history of false voting due to not understanding the rules then a punishment may be in order)

Last edited:

honey

Wicked Nasty

G.O.A.T

Hi Nyx,

Good to see you applying for staff. Since you've mentioned me as one of the staff members you've spoken to I'll go through the process in reviewing your application.

We'll start off with your punishment ladder. A lot of the punishments you've listed as stated by 10k do pass, although in a lot of scenarios we tend to go straight from a Warn/slay to either a teamban/ban depending on what it is and the individuals priors. We avoid unnecessarily kicking the individual as a warning serves the same purpose.

In terms of your playtime, you definitely pass the minimum requirement of 3 days, although I definitely recommend improving it over the course of your application as 6 days worth of playtime isn't that much at all.

Your chatlogs are relatively clean, do not see any obscene language being used at all.
Logs: https://tfstats.tf/player/34313519

In terms of punishments you've received your logs are quite clean. You do not have any teambans,bans or even commblocks on records. Although you were recently warned for encouraging someone to abuse their donor powers, which i hope you've learnt your lesson from but besides that there's no issues there.

Overall, my experience with you has been very pleasant. We do play quite often together as we are in the same timezone. You often enforce the rules to the best of your ability. You also actively use features such as !calladmin and also make forum reports to report anyone that's breaking the rules. To add to that I believe you're a permanent donator and I have also witnessed multiple occasions where you're very quick to jump onto MFKers or any other rulebreakers with either a voteteamban/voteslay but at the same time you only do it when it's 100% appropriate in most cases.

I definitely think you'd be a great addition to the team. Although i recommend increasing your playing time on the server and also familiarizing yourself a little bit better with the rules as I have also witnessed cases where you aren't exactly sure if something is or isn't against the rules. This is something that can be done over the lifespan of your application.

Best of luck.

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member
Heya Nyx, it's great to be seeing another Australian applying.

As other people have stated, we dont typically kick after giving a warning, instead going straight for the punishments. This doesn't mean you wont be able to if you become staff, its just something we don't typically do.

Playtime fine

Chat logs fine

Whenever I experienced you ingame, it has been positive and overall just good. You don't cause issues for the most part and overall you behave well.

I personally believe that you would be good on the staff team. Just remember if you are unsure about the rules, feel free to ask at any time.

Good luck with your application.

Keres

Uncharitable
Thank you for your kind words and support Crikey and Honey!

For kicking after warning I have adjusted my punishment ladders except for avoiding mutes through exploits.

Please let me know if anything else could use adjusting or if I am missing any info/details.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Some of these punishments look excessive or unreasonable at the far end of the scale for the sake of "finishing the ladder."

Keres

Uncharitable
Some of these punishments look excessive or unreasonable at the far end of the scale for the sake of "finishing the ladder."
Thank you for your response Jim!
After further review of my punishment ladders I can see what you mean by excessive or unreasonable. I realise that for some rules it's just not necessary to escalate beyond a certain punishment unless its a clear pattern of cyclical rulebreaking.
Due to this I have capped some of my ladders at 12 Hours/1 Day/3 Days of their various punishment types.
Please let me know if anything else could use work!

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom