Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined kai wen's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevibrr

Strange

kai wen

User name: kevibrr

What is your type of punishment?
Ban

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:419932534

Who has punished you?
Daddy

Why were you punished?
aimlocking, wallhacking

Why should we revoke your punishment?
I believe I was falsely banned for aim locking and wallhacking, in the clip at frames 3200 and 7800, where I killed a Red prisoner with an SMG I know for a fact I was not hacking. I do not have any proof to combat y3p's claim however as I do not regularly record demos. The admin/moderator who recorded the demo was Y3p, who was undercover at the time. The circumstances that lead up to the death were a RED prisoner taunting whilst told to AFK and a rebel spy outside of the start of RED-side Obstacle Course on the map.

Firstly, in the first clip where the Sniper is killed, it is clear that there was no aimlocking or wallhacking involved. As I spotted and heard the Sniper taunting and proceeded to kill him with 6 shots of the stock SMG. Looking back at the recorded demo by from Y3p's perspective I can finalize after going through it tick by tick and in slow motion (host_timescale 1) that I was not hacking and simply tracked my mouse onto the sniper’s body and proceeded to shoot him. The little flicks or choppiness in the timeframe is the result of ‘demo lag’ which I will go into detail later on. This should be clear for any admin, moderator or player to see. Now, I'd like to bring up something known as 'demo lag', paired with human error and also paired with the fact that the demo is a recording of a spectator watching me, that may not have a smooth interp (cl_interp 1.0), cmdrate (cl_cmdrate 66), lagcompensation (cl_lagcompensation 1), updaterate (cl_updaterate 66), or rate (rate 60000) - all of the values in brackets are the default values - this may cause demos to be laggy and choppy and not accurately represent a player's point of view, especially if it is a player’s point of view being watched through a spectator. Human error can also occur when reviewing demo clips though in this situation with a demo being played at (host_timescale 0.1) it is irrelevant. An error in TF2's demo system is also prevalent as it records where a shot is going to end up before the sightline is placed onto it. In the second kill at tick 7800, I spray down a rebel spy for a total of 25 shots, using up the whole clip. After going through the demo tick by tick, with slow-motion (host_timescale 0.1, host_timescale 0.5 and host_timescale 0.05) I have finalized that because of the demo lag and the way demos work and how they record things tick by tick, also accounting for the interp and buffer of the recorder it creates a choppy and laggy recording, especially if one is rapidly moving his mouse to spray down someone. This may also be backed up by my mouse being on a DPI of 3100 and my games’ mouse sensitivity on 6 and mouse acceleration on 1.14 which creates choppy movements as I attempt to move my mouse slowly enough to track the rebel spy. I believe this all backs up my point of me not aimlocking in the game and I believe, if necessary, the demo should be reviewed again and I believe that I should be unbanned as I know for a fact that I was not hacking.

Secondly, on the claim that I was wallhacking, I believe what Y3p is referring to is at tick’s 7500 where I appear to have seen ‘Quishy’ through the wall and proceed to step back into the BLU door to obstacle course and kill him. However without any evidence, it is hard to combat this but I assure you it is a pure coincidence as I stepped too far back into the portal, running into ‘Quishy’ and turning away from him before actually turning towards him and killing him as I saw him in my peripheral vision when I first exited. The second instance starts at around 14000 and ends at around 16500 where I proceed to break a breakable to go to armory and get slayed by Y3p. At the start of the timeframe I attempt to bunnyhop around the map in third person, yes I know I broke a rule by not attending REDS but yet again it is just a coincidence that I happened to go into the sewers where two reds were rebelling.

Thirdly, I’d like to mention Y3p’s reputation for false bans over his career as an Aus Jailbreak moderator. He is known to have false banned/teambanned multiple people over his career and he always makes assumptions when it comes to punishments. To clarify, I am not directly attacking him I am just mentioning a set persuasive precedent that may have affected my punishment. It can be seen once where “Quishy” (STEAM_0:1:85082609) was falsely teambanned for ‘mfk’. This teamban was made by Y3p under the assumption that Quishy had mass freekilled a majority of the reds but it turns out that Y3p, surprisingly, was wrong and it was ‘Out of Cell Rebel Day’ where Quishy had killed the REDS that left there cell. This is not the only example. This time, the player “Kempy | Ten-X ” (STEAM_0:1:106411451)was the warden playing a form of trivia where he was falsely accused of ghosting the answers to another player “Toasted Pork” (STEAM_0:0:64591100) in a discord call. This accusation was made by yet again, Y3p. I believe that because of the past precedent set through Y3p’s actions that it may be possible that it may affect why I was punished. Again, this is not a direct attack at Y3p.

Puddin²

Nº1 Closet Hacker
Staff Member
Admin

Puddin'

Greetings.

While it's true that Y3p asked for my opinion on the demo, he did not ban you and did not ask me to ban you, therefore, your whole third paragraph is irrelevant to this appeal.

Now, as for the aimlocking claims:
tick 3000 - 3300 : you look at the taunting Sniper a first time in a smooth motion (right to left) and as soon as you start walking forward, you slightly move your crosshair off to the side before it locks onto the Sniper as you press your M1 button before suddenly unlocking and becoming smooth again.

I read through your wall of text and while you're right about some things related to demo inaccuracies, for the previous situation to happen, your crosshair wouldn't be smooth at all and would seem to "lock" everywhere. Therefore, this isn't a demo inaccuracy or lag-related.
It's also worth mentioning that you look at multiple players after you've killed the Sniper and every single crosshair movement is smooth.

And as for the wallhacking claims:
tick 7200 - 8000 : Quishy goes out of your FoV at which point you correct your aim and you just stare at a wall for a couple seconds, keeping Quishy within your FoV this time. And then you just stare at Quishy through the wall before going out and killing him.
Let's not forget that your crosshair also locks here onto the Spy a bunch of times.

TL;DR
Your crosshair only locks onto people when you press your M1 button and is smooth the rest of the demo (therefore, no lag/demo inaccuracy).
You look at/try to keep Quishy within your FoV multiple times, through walls nonetheless.
Your explanation is irrelevant because this ban isn't due to any demo inaccuracy or lag-related situation.

The demo will be uploaded here so other staff members may reply if they wish to.

Final tip, slowing down demos isn't good.

Have a day.

Attachments

• kaiwencheater.dem
    12.2 MB · Views: 131

Puddin²

Nº1 Closet Hacker
Staff Member
Admin

Puddin'

Player hasn't replied to their own ban appeal in 4 days, despite being back on the forums multiple times since the appeal has been posted.

Declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom