Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jockey in szf is way too OP!!!

LOONATEEK

Mildly Menacing
The jockey is now way too OP. It makes the hunter useless and unfun to play against. Make it do like the spy backstab effect or something else than a perma scare

Tofu

Unremarkable
Personally I'm open to the jockey being able to remove controls from whoever it mounts, though I think it's unusual that it's the only special infected who can stun a player indefinitely. Jockey, while fun, has always been susceptible to smart players who've been mounted quickly killing off the jockey player. Prior to the buff, I couldn't recall a time when Jockey had killed me at all. I think the stun should remain, however it should only last a few seconds (slightly less than the Hunter's or maybe as few as three given the Jockey has full control over its victims movement). The backstab debuff is too harsh a nerf and doesn't thematically fit the Jockey as it is right now, and a momentary stun would have the benefits of fitting to the source material as well as still giving players a chance to survive.

And to directly address the other point: I don't think that Jockey being better than Hunter makes the Hunter useless in comparison, especially given the random nature of Special Infected spawns. Hunter is harder to dodge, more aggressive, and can pin down its targets, whereas the Jockey is easier to see coming, has to find a window of opportunity to attack, and can either lead its target into certain death via mapkills or the horde. If the Jockey were to be altered similar to how I have suggested, I think these two would be on more even ground while still having their own personal strengths.

LOONATEEK

Mildly Menacing
I say do the backstab thing because you usually have to switch to melee or use explosives to at least hit the jockey BUT when you are backstabbed you have a slower switch speed so it would take a little time before you can kill it, but I do like the idea of it stuns shortly but I do think hunter needs a small buff and a small nerf as well, not an overpowered one, but a small one like mabye the scare shorter when there are more people and make the scare longer when there are fewer people.

Last edited:

LOONATEEK

Mildly Menacing
I say do the backstab thing because you usually have to switch to melee or use explosives to at least hit the jockey and when you are backstabbed you have a slower switch speed so it would take a little time before you can kill it, but I do like the idea of it stuns ber shortly but I do think hunter needs a small buff and a small nerf as well, not an overpowered one, but a small one like make the scare shorter when there are more people and make the scare longer when there are fewer people.
and explosived do some serious self dmg at that range

LOONATEEK

Mildly Menacing
I say do the backstab thing because you usually have to switch to melee or use explosives to at least hit the jockey BUT when you are backstabbed you have a slower switch speed so it would take a little time before you can kill it, but I do like the idea of it stuns shortly but I do think hunter needs a small buff and a small nerf as well, not an overpowered one, but a small one like mabye the scare shorter when there are more people and make the scare longer when there are fewer people.
and I mean when there are more people around for the hunter buff/nerf

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom