Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Jim's calladmin idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

So, right now there are two fairly good ideas on the table. This is the second one which originally was @Jim 's suggestion under the other thread.

What we will need:

An application format that asks for a Name and a SteamID. Nothing more.

The extended, new calladmin plugin.

Advertisement on the server for it: "Apply for !calladmin on the forums!"
Admins should be able to accept the calladmin applications, then go on a server and type something like: sm_addcalladmin "<steamid>" "<name>" to give the right to someone to use !calladmin.
We could also strip someone from these powers by: sm_removecalladmin "<steamid>"

This is really similar to how the offline spray banning works.
This calladmin could give off the feeling that we have triple the amount of admins, since we could be really responsive. This would also prevent spam, make calladmin controllable.

UTOPIAN IDEAS:

1.:
When a call comes in and you go on the server, you can either type sm_validcall or sm_unvalidcall, not just to take the call but to verify if it was valid or not. If someone gets 5 sm_unvalidcalls, that person gets his powers taken away. We could also do something like sm_checkcalls "<Steamid>", to check how many valid, unvalid calls someone has. If we can't determine if a call is valid or not just do sm_validcall.

2.: Add the feature that the server automatically starts recording a demo of the reported person. This demo will be recording until 1.: The report is validated 2.: Reporter leaves 3.: Reported leaves. This demo will then be saved somewhere, some GameMe storage or I don't know and we could download it. After the server restarts, every demo gets deleted so we prevent them stacking up and taking up too much storage.

Useful links: LINK, MOD1, MOD2, MOD3, MOD4, REDDIT, DEMOS.TF

3.: An interface for all this, either in-game in the form of a menu and/or a website interface like sourcebans.

That's about it. If something else comes up I'll edit the thread.
Cheers!

Last edited:

XenomorPhing

Unremarkable
Let's do this like we do a admin app,shall we,almighty Buster?

Pros:
Good suggestion.
Very useful.
Non-Abusive.

Cons:
Jim made the suggestion.

Jim is salty.
Need to apply for calladmin command?Its gonna get declined.

Oy oy mate this is a +support because you are my favorite admin.
Why did i do this like a admin app

send help
now.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Let's do this like we do a admin app,shall we,almighty Buster?

Pros:
Good suggestion.
Very useful.
Non-Abusive.

Cons:
Jim made the suggestion.

Jim is salty.
Need to apply for calladmin command?Its gonna get declined.

Oy oy mate this is a +support because you are my favorite admin.
Why did i do this like a admin app

send help
now.

You're just proving everyone that you shouldn't ever be allowed back into the discord and at this point you're just asking to get banned on the forums but hey that's how I see it

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
What a con me making the suggestion. Guess this calls for my demotion
photo.jpg

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
This was on a few old servers I would play but it was the !report plugin, it's a plugin that's connected to a steam bot account that notifies admins of the report and what server it was on.....not quite sure how it worked but I do believe it could be replicated but if we are to implement it we should give a cooldown in between reports so that spam does not overload the bot or spam the admins. To go further into detail when users typed !report they would provide a short message while typing !report (ex. !report Benedevil is a good daddy <3) to which the plugin would ask for a certain user to report and would list rules after selecting a user and the rules would be on what to do and what not to do with the !report and if everything seems in order you would accept and send and like I said the bot would get it.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

This was on a few old servers I would play but it was the !report plugin, it's a plugin that's connected to a steam bot account that notifies admins of the report and what server it was on.....not quite sure how it worked but I do believe it could be replicated but if we are to implement it we should give a cooldown in between reports so that spam does not overload the bot or spam the admins
The purpose of both of the calladmin suggestions (Jim's and Wolf's) is to rule out spam. In Wolf's idea that is achieved with a voting system that requires multiple people to report one person, so one single person cannot spam. In this one, we exactly know who has access to !calladmin and if the person abuses it we can just take his ability to use the command away so again, one guy couldn't spam reports, not for long.

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
The purpose of both of the calladmin suggestions (Jim's and Wolf's) is to rule out spam. In Wolf's idea that is achieved with a voting system that requires multiple people to report one person, so one single person cannot spam. In this one, we exactly know who has access to !calladmin and if the person abuses it we can just take his powers away so again, one guy couldn't spam reports, not for long.
Ah ok but I could see that being seriously abused to mute people who have done nothing wrong....

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
What do you mean? How would this make us to falsely mute people?
oh I thought it would work as for example, it would allow users to mute certain people using this command, heh still trying to wake up....

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

oh I thought it would work as for example, it would allow users to mute certain people using this command, heh still trying to wake up....
Nope, it's still just a !calladmin. So that's literally it's function, to call an admin onto the server. People would just have to apply for it so we avoid the reports with reasons like "He said I'm ugly" "fuk this dude" "macaroni".

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

I'd suggest to leave the demo recording to the "calladmin user" as automated recording will most likely lock it in first person/ 3rd person with set angle and thus may leave important thing out.
Also you should decrease the amount of unvalid calls for every valid one as it may happen that the reported leaves and you have no evidence to show yet, giving you an unvalid report without even being your fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom