Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Jessica's Jailbreak Moderator Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova.

Notably Dangerous
User name: Mama Jessica.

Name
Miss Jessica.

Your Age
16, turning 17 mid-April.

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? Yes. I was gagged on the 22nd of March for 1 hour due to player disrespect/toxicity.

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:64231891

Your DiscordID
「Jessica.」#6969

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
I moderated for Airborne Delta (Jailbreak) between the 31st of March 2017 and the 27th of July 2018, and I have moderated for Discord servers alongside a (now dead) Garry’s Mod DarkRP Server, called Doogle Gaming as the position of Senior Moderator for about two months.

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I usually play on AusJB & AusVSH, I would like to moderate for Australian Jailbreak, but I am willing to help out on any Australian server. :>

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I believe I should obtain the position of moderator as I think I would be a valuable addition to the team, with my previous experience as a moderator on Airborne Delta I am able to respond quickly to issues that are happening, and with medium to high efficiency.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Foxsera/Jack, I've known him since before he applied for moderator and encouraged him to go for the position.
I have seen/talked to Console & Y3p ingame or personally once or twice.
I also know Yukki, they're pretty heccin cool.

When are you usually available to play?
My time-zone is Australian Eastern Standard/Australian Eastern Daylight Time, as I live in NSW.
Mon - Wednesday: 4 - 8:30 PM
Thursday: 3:30 - 8:30 PM
Friday: 4-10:30 PM or later
Saturday: 6 - 12 AM
Sunday: 6 AM - 8:30 PM
Since my parents are divorced, I go between homes. If I’m with my father, times look more like this:
Monday - Friday: 4:15 - 11:00 PM
Thursday: 3:40-11:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday: 6:30 AM - 11 PM

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate

(General Rules)

Simple rule breaker:
Depending on the rule broken, possibly a verbal warning and/or a gag/mute/silence for up to 1 hour, increasing if they repeat the action.

Cheating/Hacking:
Permanently ban on the first offence.

Avoiding punishment:
Increasing the punishment they evaded by one spot on the punishment ladder. (e.g. 1-hour mute becomes 2 hours)

Spam (Microphone/Chat):
Verbal warning to stop, if they continue, gag or mute for 30 minutes or an hour, increasing each time they repeat this action.

Another language over the microphone:
Politely ask the player to speak English, if they continue, mute for an hour, and increase by an hour each time the offence is committed.

Toxicity/Being rude to other players:
Verbal warning, gag/mute/silence for 1-hour, then 3-hours, increasing by 2 hours each time the offence is committed

Using a voice changer/modifier:
Verbal warning, proceeding to mute for an hour, increasing by an hour each time the offence is committed.

Racism:
Verbal warning, moving onto a mute/gag/silence for one hour, increasing to four hours if broken again, then 8 hours, and possibly up to a permanent silence if broken 4 or more times.

Abusing call admin:
Verbal warning, 1-hour ban, proceeding to increase by an hour and a half each time the offence is committed. (1, 2.5, 4, 5.5, 7, etc, then moving onto a day or more after 7.)

Impersonating Staff:
Verbal warning, telling them to change their name and profile picture. Moving onto a 2-hour ban if they refuse to stop the impersonation, increasing by 2 hours until 10, then banning for a day or more.

Inappropriate spray:
Permanent Spray Ban.

Ghosting:
Verbal warning, proceeding to a gag for 1 hour, then a gag for 2 hours,

Exploiting:
Verbal warning, moving to a 1-hour ban, then a 2-hour ban, then a 4-hour ban, proceeding to an 8-hour ban, and finally ending on a day or more.

Advertising hacks:
Permanent silence

Doxxing:
Permanent silence and/or a 1-week ban.

Exposing undercover staff:
2-hour gag/mute, proceeding to a 4-hour gag/mute, then a 6-hour gag/mute, going up to 1 week.

(Jailbreak Rules)

Warden Hogging:

A Verbal warning, proceeding to a slay, and a 2-hour team ban if the offence is repeated after the slay. If action is repeated, increasing the 2 hours to 6 hours.

Unwilling to Warden:
Verbal warning, switching teams if action repeated. If the offence is continued, move onto a team ban for 1 hour, then 3 hours, moving to 6 hours or even more if repeated.

MFK:
2-week team ban, moving to a 1-month team ban, and finally a permanent t-ban.

Free-kill:
Warn and Slay, if they don't slay themselves.

Intentional Baiting:
Warning to the blue/s to stop baiting, if they don't, slay. If they continue to intentionally bait, punish with a 2-hour team-ban. If they continue still, move to a 4-hour, then a 6-hour, then 10 hours, then 2 days.

Not Attending Reds/Warden:
Verbal warning, moving onto a slay. If the user continues to repeat the offence, move to a 2-hour team-ban, increasing by 2 hours until 10. After 10 hours, a 2-day t-ban, and then 2 weeks.

Abusing Freeday:
Verbal warning and a slay.

Ammo Glitching:
Warn and slay, if action is repeated, ban the user for 3 hours. If this occurs again, ban for 6 hours, then a day, then 3 days, then 2 weeks, a month, and then perm.

Teamkilling (as blue):
Slay and give a warning, if the player repeats the action, increase the punishment to a 3-hour team-ban, then 4-hour, moving up to a 6 hour, and then a 2 day. If it happens after the 2 days, make it a two week.

Favouritism:
Slay and a verbal warning, proceeding to a 1-hour team ban. Increase the punishment by 1 hour each time the offence is committed, up to 10 hours. After that, move onto 2 days, and then 2 weeks.

Freehit:
Verbal warning, proceeding to a 2-hour team ban. If the action is repeated, punish the player with a 4 hour, then a 6 hour, then a day. increasing to two days, and up to 2 weeks.

Trick/Kill Orders/Pardoning Reds:
A verbal warning & slay, moving to a 3-hour teamban, then 6 hours, then 10 hours, and then two days, followed up by two weeks.

Lying as Warden:
Verbal warning and Slay, increasing the punishment to a 2-hour teamban if repeated. If the action continues to happen, increase the punishment by two hours until 10, at which point increase to 2 days, and then 2 weeks.

Illegal days/Illegal FF/Illegal Minigame:
Verbal warning, proceeding to a slay & a teamban for 3 hours if repeated after the slay. Increasing the punishment if the action has been repeated after the previous punishment has expired by going to 6 hours, then 10, then a day, then 3 days, then a week.

LR Denial:
A warning & a slay, re-giving the red LR if applicable in the situation. Moving to a 3-hour teamban if repeated, then 6, then 10, a day, a week, two weeks.

(VSH Rules)
Camping:

I would warn the player twice, assuming they are not an engineer or a sniper (as this is part of the classes playstyle), and if they continue to camp, I would slay the player. If they are still camping after the warnings and the slay, I would kick the player.

Delaying Rounds:
If the player/hale is delaying, I would warn the player twice to stop delaying. If they continue to delay, I will slay the player. If they still delay after the slay, I will kick the player, and then ban them for an hour.

Friendly:
Warning then slay, if the player continues to be friendly. If they continue this action, I would kick, and then ban for 1 hour.

(Other Stuff?)

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I've been waiting to apply for a while, and I hope you really give my application some thought. My language is a bit colourful, I'll admit, but it's usually in good fun. My application uploaded early, so it's going to be different if you see it early.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No, but I can speak a minimal amount of Russian, not enough to get by in a conversation sadly enough. But, hopefully, I will be someday!

Edits:
- Added VSH Rules and punishments
- Categorised rules and punishments
- Added some colour~

- Updated some stuff

Attachments

• w2t9htbi7jp31.jpg
    w2t9htbi7jp31.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Yuuki

Uncharitable

Furina

Snooze
I've played with Jess for a bit she is really friendly and nice to people. As I dont know too much about JB I would say anything about JB punishments but you should add the VSH punishments as well. Also what would you define as a "simple rule breaker".

Nova.

Notably Dangerous
I've played with Jess for a bit she is really friendly and nice to people. As I don't know too much about JB I would say anything about JB punishments but you should add the VSH punishments as well. Also, what would you define as a"simple rule breaker."

I would say a simple rule breaker is someone unintentionally breaking just common knowledge rules, giving illegal orders (that they don't know are illegal,) easily fixable mistakes just like my examples.

Last edited:

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

Hello, down below I will be nitpicking some stuff that I believe you could change a little bit. At the bottom of my reply, there will be a summary of my take based on what has been presented.

Another language over the microphone:
Politely ask the player to speak English, if they continue, mute for an hour, and increase by an hour each time the offense is committed.
This is quite specific, to say the least. Most of the time, punishments are doubled to make it easier for both the punished and the staff. Adding only 1 hour by each time would mean you would have the punish said user 24 times to make it a day mute.
MFK:
2-week team ban, moving to a 1-month team ban, and finally a permanent t-ban.
We usually team ban for 1 week at first offense.
Free-kill:
Warn and Slay, if they don't slay themselves.
And if they continue? If the intentions are malicious, most go by punishing the user by team banning directly as warning and/or slaying the user usually does not cut it.
Abusing Freeday:
Verbal warning and a slay.
Please elaborate on what you would do on repeat offenders. This goes for all the other punishments too where no visible structural ladder has been presented, so I do not have to repeat myself.

I recommend glancing at how other applicants have structured their punishment ladder and maybe find some inspiration.

One concerning thing is that, although you admit to being punished, you decide to apply 1 day after the incident occurred. Personally, I would wait a few more days or even weeks for your punishment to be less prominent as something to be brought up against you.

Overall, you do appear to have good intentions but lack a general structure to your ladders. You also seem to have had previous experiences with other communities which act as a positive attribute. Goodluck.

Yuuki

Uncharitable

Furina

Snooze
One concerning thing is that, although you admit to being punished, you decide to apply 1 day after the incident occurred. Personally, I would wait a few more days or even weeks for your punishment to be less prominent as something to be brought up against you.
Her punishment happened while the app was up not after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom