Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined JB suggestion about getting ammo gives Crits resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

StenRodd

Epic
Staff Member
Hello everyone, you might be thinking why am I making this suggestion when we had so many suggestions about removing crits or turning it into mini crits, however this suggestion is not about removing crits, it's about giving you crit protection when you get ammo.

When you get ammo, you also get Crit resistance effect same as we get this it when we activate vaccinator uber and Battalion's Backup effect, while damage will be normal, what do you think?

I believe rebelling is extremely difficult when there's only good rebel class that is sniper and scout maybe, others will die quickly or easily with less effort and it needs teamwork, so rebelling as other classes is bad for rebel and it needs balance, I want to rebel as other class, I'm tired of rebelling as sniper.

I haven't seen anyone making suggestion about crit resistance, I searched it on forum and haven't found one, I only see them talking about removing it instead, maybe I missed it, if there was, Let's gives this suggestion another chance because we got new JB players and some of them want balance.

So what do you think? please give your opinion about it and we may have argument about it.
Good luck.

Edited: btw I'm not sure about warday, we could remove crit resistance on Warday LR for fair balance

Last edited:

Peppa pig

Mildly Menacing
I don't have a suggestion I just want to give my two cents because I rebel a lot so I feel strongly about this, so I want to draw attention to a specific part of this post. Rebeling as other classes, I would like the visit this part specifically although I personally wouldn't know a way to balance I would love to rebel as other classes without having to be gimmicky (market gardening, for soldier as an example) in the process. The main problem with rebeling as any class other than spy or sniper is the need for instant kill mechanics to be useful because if you don't kill with that first hit you are likley dead, since crits have no damage drop off basically all blues can chip you to death with certain weapons so killing them in one shot so you don't take damage in the first place is important. I would love to find a way to play soldier with a rocket launcher or use pipes as demoman. I don't want to take away the difficulty of rebeling I love the feeling of bhopping fast and getting away and winning a round you thought was impossible but at the same time however I think we should look at possibles rather than dismissing this one.

Yeetoz

Scarcely Lethal
Taking away the Crits for rebelers will Make Rebeling Piss easy and will just make shit Non Rewarding to Pull off. when I rebel I want to feel the Dopamine Kick in when I'm able to Possibly down a couple blus. giving Crit Resistance for ammo makes shit Too Easy. (Of course you don't get rewarded just Like "wow Cant believe I was able to Pull that off." Kind of shit)

Reactions: Jim

StenRodd

Epic
Staff Member
Taking away the Crits for rebelers will Make Rebeling Piss easy and will just make shit Non Rewarding to Pull off. when I rebel I want to feel the Dopamine Kick in when I'm able to Possibly down a couple blus. giving Crit Resistance for ammo makes shit Too Easy. (Of course you don't get rewarded just Like "wow Cant believe I was able to Pull that off." Kind of shit)
Rebelling is already hard when you don't get ammo, guards will still have crits and running part is difficult because you get crit shot by snipers or heavies or pistol scouts even if you bhop fast, but when you get ammo you are reward with resistance and you have fair fight with guards

• Dislike
Reactions: Jim

Sheriff Pawbs!

Uncharitable
-support

The idea is an interesting one to see pop up but opening up the field to buff Red team rebellers would leave a lot of open room to Blues being exploited by either bhopping spies, snipers out of reach for most classes WITH crits or any member with ammo who has a medic. As probably said before the crits are there to prevent reds from overcoming the blue team and I feel this extends to rebellers. The point of rebelling means very little on most maps that don’t have escape routes (off the top of my mind, Jailfort and Alcatraz have an escape for rebellers) the rest are simply to harrass/kill the alive blue team. With support from their own team blues having crits can also not be enough for rebellers. Just get gud bro, or get a med. :3

StenRodd

Epic
Staff Member
Red team rebellers would leave a lot of open room to Blues being exploited by either bhopping spies, snipers out of reach for most classes WITH crits or any member with ammo who has a medic
First of all, that's wardens or blus fault for letting them bhopping and escaping to get ammo, they can get them if they bhop to escape because they don't have ammo, if they escaped that's blus responsibility. bhop exist in CSGO or CSS (counter strike source) and terrorist gets gun they get fair fight, why can't tf2 have it as well?
As probably said before the crits are there to prevent reds from overcoming the blue team and I feel this extends to rebellers.
Yes crits are only for controlling and preventing reds from bomb rushing to warden face. it was made to control crowd of reds because it will make rebel easy, it may be extend to rebel but rebelling is already hard because you get crit shot when you bhop away by sniper or any other class.
The point of rebelling means very little on most maps that don’t have escape routes (off the top of my mind, Jailfort and Alcatraz have an escape for rebellers) the rest are simply to harrass/kill the alive blue team.
I'm not sure about that, some maps do have easy rebelling routes, some don't, but yeah there are maps to bully blue team which is fun.
With support from their own team blues having crits can also not be enough for rebellers. Just get gud bro, or get a med.
JB rebelling does needs balance, i may think about it later and "just get gud bro" huh how about you go mge some guy with 100% crits and see what i mean. You or I could become medic for rebelling

Sheriff Pawbs!

Uncharitable
JB rebelling does needs balance, i may think about it later and "just get gud bro" huh how about you go mge some guy with 100% crits and see what i mean. You or I could become medic for rebelling
You don’t play JB to MGE. You play JB to waste time and dick about with your friends. If you are seeking a competitive environment in Jailbreak then I’m afraid you’re on the wrong server.
bhop exist in CSGO or CSS (counter strike source) and terrorist gets gun they get fair fight, why can't tf2 have it as well?
This is also answered by yourself that Blues need the crits to be able to have a grip and control on a situation where most times the team ratios are 4:1 to the blues. Playing JB isn’t about having a “fair fight” or the teams would have “fair numbers”. Removing a key part of the teams ability to have situational control ESPECIALLY if they have ammo and can start a chaotic stampede just ruins the fun and experience of playing JB. This isn’t MGE, or TDM

oeg

As a member of the sniper community my stance in this matter is the most important ofc but nevertheless having full crit resistance with ammo as a bhoping sniper is too powerful even for me ,A good change could for mini crits to apply so you don't get 1 shot by crockets or lazered by pistols within 0.4 seconds. This way blu team is still better off controlling the red team and the rebels without having to worry that 1 guy can change the power struggle between them and the rebel whatever the class can have a chance to kill a blu without dying right away especially for classes like heavy ,pyro actually just any class except spy and sniper

StenRodd

Epic
Staff Member
You don’t play JB to MGE. You play JB to waste time and dick about with your friends. If you are seeking a competitive environment in Jailbreak then I’m afraid you’re on the wrong server.
Yes, I play JB to for goofy around, having funny conversation with people and trolling randoms as red, JB is indeed not balanced gamemode, but the gamemode is called JailBREAK which means you have to escaped or kill all blus or you can be good prisoner and get LR, it needs some balance
Removing a key part of the teams ability to have situational control ESPECIALLY if they have ammo and can start a chaotic stampede just ruins the fun and experience of playing JB
There are JB servers with guards not having crits at all or some give reds same damage and they're doing fine like everything is normal, removing crits killed the server because everyone was rebelling, people screaming rush warden and most blus play our server because it had crits, but not getting critical hit while having ammo is fine because guards can deal with them, if you think it will cause chaos or chaotic stampede just put reds in the game and close the fence gate and stop it when it's necessary, kill those you are rushing you

If someone has ammo that's blu's fault and there will be few rebels so blus can work together to protect warden, We need crits only for controlling reds and we need to make other class rebel a bit easier

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom