Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JB prop hunt LR change

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
This game mode has always been very slow and boring, props can double jump and afaik most of the classes are banned on blue for whatever reason.
Why does soldier have to suffer like a heavy? He can't rocket jump, and has to rely on walking around for mobility, whip doesn't help either.

Props are default scout speed but all of blue team are slow as hell. Pyros can fly, but soldiers can't rocket jump? Yea, have fun trying to play on open/giant maps.

I suggest allowing more blue classes to have better mobility, its borderline unfair on most maps.

Jermbo

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member

Jermbo

Tbh, I agree with what Percy saying, like Hide & Seek lr... Blue doesn't get damaged by shooting, but not for Prop Hunt? :unsure:

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
Blues having more mobility than the props would ruin the game imo as running away when found is a big part of prophunt. Blues have guns to shoot the props for a reason. They are slow on purpose so that reds have time to run away and find a new hiding spot. Most rounds, reds either lose or the last red will survive and kill the blues which I think is exactly how it should be so I don't see the reason to buff blues in such a major way.

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
Blues having more mobility than the props would ruin the game imo as running away when found is a big part of prophunt. Blues have guns to shoot the props for a reason. They are slow on purpose so that reds have time to run away and find a new hiding spot. Most rounds, reds either lose or the last red will survive and kill the blues which I think is exactly how it should be so I don't see the reason to buff blues in such a major way.
That's implying the map even allows the props to hide, a majority of them are big and open and have spots that blues can't reach without a sniper (pretty sure he's banned), or other long range classes.

The most I ask for is for more movement on soldier via rocket jumping because it's ridiculous how pyro gets to fly while soldier runs and misses.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Sniper is allowed, they just usually have trouble finding the prop's "hitbox" to damage them.
I agree with this, maps like minecraft and casuarina are just too large to limit blue movement to the current degree. Red scouts with the right prop don't even have to hide, they can just run away the entire time and never get caught. I don't think much needs to be done, just a small passive speed boost for blues should be enough to ensure reds should be focused on actually hiding rather than running.

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
That's implying the map even allows the props to hide, a majority of them are big and open and have spots that blues can't reach without a sniper (pretty sure he's banned), or other long range classes.

The most I ask for is for more movement on soldier via rocket jumping because it's ridiculous how pyro gets to fly while soldier runs and misses.
the problem with this is soldier can completely ruin any scout running with a correctly timed rocket so also being able to rocket jump would make him the most OP class by a long way.

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

Tbh, I agree with what Percy saying, like Hide & Seek lr... Blue doesn't get damaged by shooting, but not for Prop Hunt? :unsure:
The reason why that is, is because in hide and seek you can actually see where the person is when you go past them. However with prop hunt you can't. The damage inflicted on prop hunt is designed to prevent the blue from cheesing the round by just blasting and shooting everything in the hopes there's a prop there, and forces them to consider if there is actually a prop there or not.

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
The reason why that is, is because in hide and seek you can actually see where the person is when you go past them. However with prop hunt you can't. The damage inflicted on prop hunt is designed to prevent the blue from cheesing the round by just blasting and shooting everything in the hopes there's a prop there, and forces them to consider if there is actually a prop there or not.

Nobody cares about losing hp in that game as long as a medi or passive regen item is equipped. Plus you get health back after killing a prop. Hiding is irrelevant on most maps as quoted by 10k "Red scouts with the right prop don't even have to hide, they can just run away the entire time and never get caught.".

Something needs to be changed about prop hunt cause it tends to drag out for way too long. And it's generally just unfun on a majority of maps.

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
There are quite a few people who find it fun which is why it's picked quite often for LR.

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
I'd like it if more blue classes were more useful in comparison to pyro that can fly. Again, it's basically a free win on most maps since you can just run the whole time cause blues are slow.

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
You are being extremely vague lmao

What I mean is, if you were to update the LR, what changes would you be making specifically.

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
You are being extremely vague lmao

What I mean is, if you were to update the LR, what changes would you be making specifically.
I'd prolly remove bhop on the LR, and allow soldier to rocket jump since the props themselves can double jump. I don't remember if scout is a legal class or not but yea. Maybe even sniper climbing if he's not banned either, it's hard to balance it out cause most classes are "banned" on that LR for one reason or another despite props having a massive advantage map wise.

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
This is a list of all the basic components of the gamemode currently, which of them would you like to see changed?
  1. Round starts at 7 and hunters are released at 6:30
  2. Scout and spy are banned for Hunters
  3. Healing items are allowed
  4. Melee swings hurt Hunters for 10HP and firing other weapons deals differing damage
  5. Hunters heal to full and get crits for a while on kill
  6. Low gravity is enabled
  7. Scout double jump is enabled
  8. Last prop alive gets ammo and Hunters become piss for about 15 seconds
  9. Explosions don't deal knockback making rocket/sticky jumper useless
  10. Pyro can fly with flamethrower
  11. Heavy moves full speed while revving and snipers move full speed while scoping

Sheriff Pawbs!

Uncharitable
Honestly, giving hiders Wrap Assassin with crits turned off would be a cool change to see. A risky move for hiders to use, but it could pay off if you are skilled enough! 12 dmg per melee, and 26+bleed for ball is balanced enough to not kill the seekers in an instant, but gives the hiders the ability to last just a little bit longer.

Cyveray2

Scarcely Lethal
Honestly, giving hiders Wrap Assassin with crits turned off would be a cool change to see. A risky move for hiders to use, but it could pay off if you are skilled enough! 12 dmg per melee, and 26+bleed for ball is balanced enough to not kill the seekers in an instant, but gives the hiders the ability to last just a little bit longer.
Nah the wrap assassin is too strong people would hide in groups and all throw balls at once at a doorway to instakill a seeker especially teleport areas medics would be required

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
This is a list of all the basic components of the gamemode currently, which of them would you like to see changed?
  1. Round starts at 7 and hunters are released at 6:30
  2. Scout and spy are banned for Hunters
  3. Healing items are allowed
  4. Melee swings hurt Hunters for 10HP and firing other weapons deals differing damage
  5. Hunters heal to full and get crits for a while on kill
  6. Low gravity is enabled
  7. Scout double jump is enabled
  8. Last prop alive gets ammo and Hunters become piss for about 15 seconds
  9. Explosions don't deal knockback making rocket/sticky jumper useless
  10. Pyro can fly with flamethrower
  11. Heavy moves full speed while revving and snipers move full speed while scoping

Scouts banned cause of his double jump/ mobility, yet props move as fast as him.
Last prop doesn't often happen, and usually the round ends with the prop still hiding.. I'd like to see if its possible to allow for more than 1 prop to get a weapon to incentivize coming out of hiding to get the round over quicker.
Explosions don't allow you to jump, honestly it just negates soldier and demo's usability. They're great on indoor maps, but a majority of the time prop hunt takes place, the prop is always out in an open area where splash isn't effective.
Pyro flying is quite literally the only reason why prop hunt isn't at the bottom of everyone's LR tier list, mainly due to how props can reach certain areas of the map such as the exhaust of the top of cargo.
Heavy and sniper being able to rev/aim at normal speed is cool and all, but they're honestly never utilized to do such. If anything the default people is always a medic or pyro minimum as all the other classes never really contribute much.
Also I think its funny how Demoknight doesn't get extra speed from getting heads, he's always set to default speed. We should change that honestly to allow him to speed up as he's easily the most useless pick on Blue. I could also suggest reserve shooter to mini crit while props are jumping around, stops them from just running willy nilly like they're untouchable due to the map at the time.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom