Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[JAILBREAK] Warden Hogging System

I can't spray

Mildly Menacing
Many people probably experienced this problem (even me too), but what if we had a system to stop Warden Hogging.

This warden hogging system would only limit to only 3 times when having the same warden for 3 rounds straight , If you have been Warden more than 3 times, you will be not warden for that round (Unwarden) and instead randomly choose or pick a warden (Anyone that doesn't have the warden hogging limits or others that haven't gotten a chance too), the Warden hogging system should reset the two rounds, when the same person has been warden over 3 times, having the same warden over and over would be like wasting your time in guard as the person doesn't know how to play Jailbreak or likes to warden hog in certain Jailbreak servers.

I can't spray

Mildly Menacing
I forgot to say that or double check my suggestion, i meant to say that people who didn't read the rules or forgot might forget warden hogging.

Enough said.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Well, seems like an okay idea.
BUT, what if there are 3 blue team members, of which 2 don't have a mic.
This system would make it so that there would always be 1 rouund every 3 rounds without a warden.
I know you can't be guard without mic, but it still happens.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
The problem with forcing people to not be warden is that sometimes a person is warden every single round because they are the only good warden.

Lucas's example is a good one, but it happens more than with just a couple of people on BLU.

Say there are a handful of BLUs, and one of them is a good and fair warden that is trying to make the game fun, one is a total nazi, one is a squeaker, one has a really quiet mic, and the last one is a squeaker nazi with a quiet mic. The good blu sees that the other blus aren't fit to be warden, and makes a point out of wardening at the start of each round. Unfortunately, because this bot is forcing the good warden to not be warden, the squeaker nazi with a quiet mic becomes warden, and ruins the round.

I'd say this scenario happens more often than you think, but it is Jailbreak after all, and this is the setup for 90% of rounds.

I can't spray

Mildly Menacing
Hmm, i know there is people who have no mics, but having a cause, i was thinking about more warden hogging limit depends on how many players there are (just like the firing system), having more guards give out limit the warden to 3 while less players (Let's say 3 guards or blus) get at least more than 3 (Around 7-8 Limits) I know this won't help, but still, It would mostly help chances of no mics as warden whatsoever.

Dell

Truly Feared
This one is a little two sided for me. It works so that someone who keeps forcing warden won't be able to after some time. But at the same time, as said above, if there's only one person good with warden or they are the only one with a mic, it's a good thing for them to force warden.

But there also isn't that much of a problem with warden hogging lately, to be honest. There is usually a decent amount of blues with mics. There seems to usually be either an admin or donor on to take care of that kind of thing. I'm going to have to disagree. Too many issues can come up from blocking someone who is forcing warden for the right reasons.

Saul

Unremarkable
Well, seems like an okay idea.
BUT, what if there are 3 blue team members, of which 2 don't have a mic.
This system would make it so that there would always be 1 rouund every 3 rounds without a warden.
I know you can't be guard without mic, but it still happens.
I agree with with Lucas said.

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

Unfortunately there are ups and downs to this.

The UPSIDE of this implement is the fact that, yes, warden hogging will no longer be a thing and everyone would have a chance to be warden.
But, that's really it. They may still be stopped from going warden again but, would they really read the rules? I highly doubt so.

The DOWNSIDES however, will be the issue of this implement. Like what Lucas said, there are potential events as to one person may have a microphone and the other two don't (even though this is quite rare, this may still happen). There would be many complaints.
And now a days, since break is slowly coming to an end, less people are coming by on Jailbreak and there are only going to be a few people who are going to play Jailbreak. What makes it so certain that there are willing volunteers WITH MICROPHONES in reds to switch to blus? I mean, it's not very low, but it's also definitely not very high. Eventually, the only blu who can only go warden would only have three chances, and the game would die until someone finally volunteers otherwise.

Unfortunately even if this may be a really good implement, the downsides are still going to overthrown the upsides. I would have to disagree to this.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom