Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Jailbreak Contracker Debate

Overkill

a byte
Many people atm are being KOS for using the contracker because some people think it's an "afk-taunt", while others think it's allowed and should be regarded as using voice commands while AFK. You can still move while using this and its simply bringing you to the menu like the escape button. Should it be something entirely different? Or should it be treated like the /robot for donors because you can glitch your animation to lethal kill as heavy. Tell me your opinions. Poll added as well and closes in 7 days.

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

Pretty sure some people just hit escape to browse contracts and the contracker appears accidentally. I don't really think it's their fault for forgetting that they have it equipped and or that it has an animation in game.

Last edited:

Noodle ball

Beef Flavored
Honestly, there is no benefit from doing the animation because it is literally ONLY a animation, you can't freelook while in it but people mix it up with taunting and results in death. It should be considered AFK unless warden says not to do it.

Overkill

a byte
You all should be aware that you can do the /robot heavy pow with this, where it's impossible to see if the heavy taunted or not. I'm not saying you should go get a contracker and do it, just trying to bring awareness.
f2, then quick escape and press g (or your taunt key)

Emma

Mildly Menacing

Emma

Another thing with the contracker is that it sometimes looks like a taunt which can result in a freekill even when the guard doesn' realise it. Thus happened to me once when all reds were told to face the back wall of the cell and ask freeze, no taunting allowed and I saw someone do something that I thought was a taunt but was in fact the contracker. It can be confusing to guards.

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
it could be brought into the smart arse rule in which those who use it could say they're just checking it and are technically afk frozen but that'd be hard to police

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
It is not a taunt and should not be treated as such. To do it the player in question must press buttons on their keyboard (not afk frozen if that's the order) and the player's model moves in the view of other players as well.

Overkill

a byte
Its hard to discern whether a player is taunting or not, unless you hear the music or sound from a specific taunt. There is also a way that lets you get into the contracker mode regardless of taunts which was brought to my attention by @Noodle ball , but I won't be revealing it because it would cause way too much havoc. In this mode you would be in the contracker animation and be able to move freely.

Pretty sure some people just hit escape to browse contracts and the contracker appears accidentally. I don't really think it's their fault for forgetting that they have it equipped and or that it has an animation in game.

This is true, however, there are also many people who use this as an advantage to snipe without showing scope or as said before, taunt kill.

The best thing I think we can do is to just put it as an extra rule with AFK Freeze.

Current Rule:
  • AFK Freeze.
    No moving, no usage of mouse, and no taunting. Healing with a medigun counts as being AFK frozen.

Examples: Moving the mouse around the area (Freelooking), Moving around in general, Crouching, Jumping, Taunting, randomly swinging your weapon or launching projectiles.
Changed Rule:
  • AFK Freeze.
    No moving, no usage of mouse, and no taunting. Healing with a medigun counts as being AFK frozen.

Examples: Moving the mouse around the area (Freelooking), Moving around in general, Crouching, Jumping, Taunting, randomly swinging your weapon or launching projectiles, taking out your contracker.
Or we can just wait for valve to release a update that fixes it.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

It is not a taunt and should not be treated as such. To do it the player in question must press buttons on their keyboard (not afk frozen if that's the order) and the player's model moves in the view of other players as well.

Me saying that as a warden often brings up the argument that afk frozen reds still can do voice commands and write in chat, I keep trying to tell them that this is just an alternative to speaking and doesn't involve "real" pressing etc. as they are not game relevant such as movement, but then I get redirected to the rules section in wich as @Overkill already said nothing really speaks against it.

Problem also is that in the time I was playing it spread between the Reds and resulted in many accidental freekills or in taunts being allowed during afk freeze as many could either not distinguish between them or just said that it isn't afk frozen.

If the case concludes in the Contractor being allowed during afk freeze I'd suggest it to add it to the rules like

AFK Freeze.
No moving, no usage of mouse, and no taunting. Healing with a medigun counts as being AFK frozen, so does taking out the Contractor.

..or similar to atleast solve any current confusion about it being allowed or not.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
You all should be aware that you can do the /robot heavy pow with this, where it's impossible to see if the heavy taunted or not. I'm not saying you should go get a contracker and do it, just trying to bring awareness.
f2, then quick escape and press g (or your taunt key)
Doesn't this just fall under the "no glitching/exploiting" rule???
IMO, NOTHING needs to be changed as using the contractor + taunting is glitching through the way @Overkill says it...

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
i think it should be punishable if you do the glitch with it, as i was coming up to kill warden whom i thought i'd have an advantage over as they'd need to put it away. but no they used the glitch to just punch me and kill me straight up. - in terms of REDS on the LINE sure like voice commands, but glitching it should be kos

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
...or we could simply disable it like we've done with the rest of the removed items such as the invisiwatch or jetpack.

Geobot_

Scarcely Lethal
...or we could simply disable it like we've done with the rest of the removed items such as the invisiwatch or jetpack.
I am not 100% sure but i believe you can still use Cloak and Dagger. That's even worse lmao. I have seen a spy doing it. No demo though.

Dell

Truly Feared
It should be apart of the ground rules listed as a warden. "No Contractors". BUT doing the glitch where you are able to walk around and taunt while still being in the contractor animation should be always KOS.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

BUT doing the glitch where you are able to walk around and taunt while still being in the contractor animation should be always KOS.

This should be resolved as "exploiting" and against the rules as it gives an unfair advantage against others, sure you may argue that others can use it aswell but it really is unintented, often people restrain from killing such exploiters due them being afraid of Donor abuse.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Since the contracker no longer allows players to move I am closing this thread as it's basically taunting

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 12)

Top Bottom