Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed [Jailbreak] Blue voting menu

Pienamai

Face Melting
Missed my suggestions?
Anyway, I would like to suggest adding a warden command to initiate a blue team vote for games like diner\theatre since the current voting way has a few issues.
The way I suggest this command would work is like any other vote command, all blues get a pop up with the options of yes/no and vote on it, after all blues vote/the timer ended, it displays in chat the result of the vote for all to see.

My first issue with it is the trouble counting votes; sometimes votes can be drowned by reds spamming the chat, and other times you can accidentally count the same person a few times if they repeat their vote. A vote command would fix it since it would automatically count the votes allowing all blues to vote only once. No more chat scanning for responses.
Another issue I've had is blues not voting, whether they didn't notice they had to vote or just decided to ignore; sometimes you end up waiting for a blue who isn't gonna vote and wasting round time. The vote command would be easily visible for all blues, it'll be hard to miss. And for those refusing to vote, it can have a set timer to register the vote before it ends, so no more pointless waiting.
And the last issue I've had is due to the votes being in team chat, reds cannot actually know if the results they were told are true; if a warden or a blue were to lie about the results and kill the red, the red would have no way to prove so unless a blue were to report it. A vote command would also solve that since the vote results could be publicly posted for all players to see.

Jermbo

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member

Jermbo

I only see that to ensure the warden isn't favoritism. However, the voting system should last 30-60 secs.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Votes in jailbreak are bad in general due to them canceling the warden menu. Besides, if voting in team chat was an issue, it would simply have been made against the rules a long time ago. It really isn't.

Deleted User 4826

Uncharitable
Not against the idea but its convenience of use would be pretty limited, BUT Any QoL feature that doesn't necessarily impact the game in a major way is fine by me. Also,
Votes in jailbreak are bad in general due to them canceling the warden menu.
This is despite the fact you can still give orders without it, just to a more limited degree. If you're in a minigame that requires blue team to vote, most of the time the reds arent even able to leave or use votemenu to their advantage, like Theatre where you can lock the doors to trap reds inside the starting area or Diner where you can just keep a eye on the entrance. Plus, when are you gonna start a blue vote when you have warden menu open? The circumstances you're implying here would be so hard to happen that I doubt it would happen unless someone did it intentionally.

Cyveray2

Scarcely Lethal
I play theatre type minigames quite often and I usually have to tell blues multiple blues to vote in chat. Even then only like 1 other person ends up voting and the rest of my team is just standing there. I believe having a vote appear in front of their faces will tell them they need to vote and will get more people aware a vote is going on. You don't usually need to use the warden menu during these games as you just tell a red to get on the stage or behind a counter so no markers or anything are really needed.

+ Support

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 10)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom