Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Jailbreak BLU-Priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

All this just because you kept getting kicked off Blu.

There shouldn't be any priorities when people get chosen to stay on the Blu team, If they would add them why would it be on playtime? Just because you have more playtime doesn't mean that you actually know how to be a warden.

The donor thing imo also is stupid cause you'd have to pay to have a bigger chance to be chosen ( to me that looks like for example. paying to get a bigger chance to win a raffle)

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Me and @Grizzly just talked about this in Discord, and honestly it's not such a bad idea. It can't really be abused, so that's a positive thing. I think it's a pretty good perk for donators, and it might even be a pretty good thing if we could link it to sourcebans so that people with less bans and comm blocks get priority over the other players. The only downside I see is that we may have the same constant blue team, but that normally happens anyway. Also with being able to push the people with more comm blocks and bans aside from those without them, it could be a nice measure to keep the rule breakers off the team and get some better rounds in for those who actually want to play properly.

I actually support this idea.

Note, I couldn't complain about this idea, so I think that shows something..

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Pretty sure how it currently works is "first come, first served" which is fair enough in my opinion. Giving people a higher chance to be on BLU because they paid for donator is unfair for those that didn't pay, but prioritising people depending on their comm blocks doesn't seem like that bad of an idea.

A.P.

Truly Feared
Staff Member
Mapper
first come first serve.... NO, new map, i was first blu, instantly got moved to red (yes i used mic) so wanka, thats kinda invalid there mate

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Flutter let me tell you that you're digging yourself deeper in the "problem" you're having atm, you complain that you're not being prioritized and you put in the suggestion to let people without comm blocks get prioritized.

4ea18bd044c0a3a0d3c89826ba9f4891.png

Are you trying to help yourself or make it worse?

I do enjoy when we get side tracked in suggestions, but this suggestion shouldn't be based off his comm blocks, please come up with arguments of pros, cons, opinions please. Instead of trying to make him look bad. Thanks.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

I do enjoy when we get side tracked in suggestions, but this suggestion shouldn't be based off his comm blocks, please come up with arguments of pros, cons, opinions please. Instead of trying to make him look bad. Thanks.

Ben I'm not trying to make him look bad (I'll remove my previous comment anyway as I didn't post it to make him look bad) the fact is he's suggesting this because he got kicked out of the Blu team multiple times.

Tho his suggestion will make it only worse for him to stay in the Blu team and then he's back at where he started.

shit happens mate, however these were not on jailbreak, and im talkin jailbreak only

I'm very sure your commblocks apply on every server

A.P.

Truly Feared
Staff Member
Mapper
alright, well i still ment this "feature" to look at jailbreak bans/blocks only, because what if you get a ban from, for example, saxton hale for being friendly? that wouldnt do jack **** in jailbreak

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

I can think of an immediate con if it's based off of your sourcebans bans/commblocks.

NEW PLAYERS that want to INTENTIONALLY cause problems. They already get a jump-start to their potential spree by being placed ahead of those that legitimately want to play BLU.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

alright, well i still ment this "feature" to look at jailbreak bans/blocks only, because what if you get a ban from, for example, saxton hale for being friendly? that wouldnt do jack **** in jailbreak

If it was focused on Jailbreak only, and all their punishments were for griefing in other servers, how would the system know to put them lower on the "BLU Queue"?
They may have joined to cause trouble in Jailbreak as the admins are already onto them on other servers.

Having "Higher-Priority access to BLU" as a donator perk would be good, but can be abused for those donators that like to pay for donator under the guise that they are then "Above the rules", or protected in some way (although I assume they learn fast that isn't how it works).

Having donators as a priority isn't a bad thing, but basing the system from total played time on Jailbreak and Sourcebans punishments can create a bit of a void where an influx of new players may cause a server to have very low quality BLU players to the point of it being constant freekilling, baiting or freedays.

A system I could think of but never create is a system that DOES use a queue system for BLU players, like in Deathrun with players being the Death (although that is randomly chosen from a list).

If you want to join BLU, you join the queue. You play for a certain amount of rounds say... 5-6 rounds? ...and then you're switched out for another player that wants to join. If there is no-one in the queue, or less guards than normal (in this instance, enough to do a cell wars), then the system stops removing the BLUs until there's enough to fulfil another rotation.

Edit: Replace "Deathrun queue system" in 4th paragraph with something similar to VSH/Freak Fortress system; it seems to make more sense.

Last edited:

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
The saxton-style queue actually seems ideal. It'll take longer for the new players who are either unfamiliar with the mode or outright trying to break rules to get on the blue team, while prioritizing those who have already played for a while. It also helps slightly against the problem where someone goes warden as soon as they connect and therefore cannot see the LR text at the bottom of the screen.

I can definitely see this this working, and it doesn't sound like something that would be too difficult to implement, but we'll have to leave that to the guy who actually has to write it; our buddy Bene.

A.P.

Truly Feared
Staff Member
Mapper
Just got an idea, what if you have to APPLY to be on BLU team? Like apply on a website, get accepted/rejected and then there is a plugin that checks it?

EDIT: does not have to do with my bans, seriously

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Just got an idea, what if you have to APPLY to be on BLU team? Like apply on a website, get accepted/rejected and then there is a plugin that checks it?

EDIT: does not have to do with my bans, seriously

That would feel like overkill; this sort of thing was suggested on Panda.tf at some point due to the BLU rulebreakers/new players.
It was pushed away because having to apply (on the forum) to play as a BLU is a bit excessive of a security measure. It also doesn't give any in-game indication as to what the player may be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom