Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Jailbreak - Arena and Meatgrinder confliction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

I didn't know what to title this, so forgive the crap title.

The main point of this thread is to address a recent issue regarding a minigame.

Now that's out of the way...

It has come to my attention that some admins have differing opinions about a certain minigame in Jailbreak, based around the Meatgrinder rule.

The particular minigame is Arena, and the Meatgrinder rule is that Meatgrinder cannot be done as a first minigame.

So, what's the problem?
The definition of Meatgrinder is as follows: Game where prisoners fight amongst themselves in a cramped area.

Some administrators believe that Arena as a first minigame is fine, as it is not Meatgrinder.
Other administrators, and myself, believe that Arena as a first minigame should not be allowed.

This is my view of Arena as first minigame
It is still PvP as a first minigame that isn't cellwars, and it acts as a way to "thin the herd" while bypassing the cellwars rule without playing an actual first minigame. They are still forced to fight in a confined space, but less confined than say.. Medic, or a cell, or a Sweeper cage.

While Arena is a minigame in itself, I think it shouldn't be allowed as a first minigame.

---

I would like views from administrators on this, as it appears to be something of an invisible confliction. I've heard from both sides of the table, but each side appears unaware of the other half. It needs to be resolved.

If it needs to be resolved internally rather than publicly, I understand fully and the thread can be closed.

Last edited:

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

I was incredibly confused when I was told that Arena and Meat Grinder weren't in the same boat. It makes no sense, and should be changed as it can just be spammed by lazy wardens, similar to how Meat Grinder was before it was restricted.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Meat grinder = smaller arena
Arena = larger meat grinder
~Size different
~Concept same
Arena should be banned as first game

Drax

Deadpool

Drax

I don't have much to say other than I agree with you, arena is basically meat grinder so it should require playing a mini game first.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
If I remember correctly, we had a similar conversation already. That was before I took my break. The problem involved meat grinder. How it should, alongside other minigames, be banned to be chosen continually. I think it was around the time we wrote the jailbreak rules. Maybe we can find a rule or definition there?

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Umm.. so we agree that Arena can not be played as the first minigame??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom