Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined [JAILBREAK] Allow shark, pokemon day and gladiator to be played during the "classic jailbreak" lr

Status
Not open for further replies.

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

As some of you may be aware, a main feature of the new "classic jailbreak" lr is the removal of crits from the blue team. Due to this, the blues no longer have an advantage over reds when it comes to damage output. While shark, pokemon day and gladiator may have been banned from play due to a variety of reasons, one factor was how these minigames would be largely unfair towards reds as blues would have a massive advantage due to their crits, making the reds die instantly and more than likely ensure a blue victory during these minigames 100% of the time. However, when the "classic jailbreak" lr is in effect, this once huge advantage is now gone and would theoretically make these games more fair to play. This is why I propose a rule change to allow shark, pokemon day and gladiator to be played ONLY when this lr is active. In normal rounds these games would remain banned, but when "classic jailbreak" is in effect, they can be played. In addition, if this suggestion is to be accepted, definitons for shark, gladiator and pokemon day will need to be added, within it reminding players it is a classic jb game only.

Dee

Sufficiently Lethal

Dee

Doesn't remove the favoritism aspect and it could be seen as LR denial by the person who chose this LR.

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

Doesn't remove the favoritism aspect and it could be seen as LR denial by the person who chose this LR.
How would it be lr denial? The lr is legit no bhop and no crits. These factors would still be in effect, henceforth the lr isnt being denied.

Keres

Uncharitable
iirc these minigames lead to v short days so there's always that aspect. Apart from that the lr is fineish altho i rarely see it picked

Pienamai

Face Melting
Gladiator has been banned banned for so long I doubt most current players even know what it is. I don't
And isn't shark the one where a blue just kills reds inside of pool? That falls more under the favoritism rule rather than the crits
Pokemon day could probably be done, but I feel like it'll work better as a separate lr that just disables crits and possibly picks a trainer randomly, or let's the lr chooser pick the trainer. But iirc there were multiple suggestions in the past to bring back pokemon day that were declined, as well as this suggestion having negative votes as of now. So I wouldn't say there's much interest in it
(still made a suggestion since I'm interested to see opinions)

Last edited:

Dee

Sufficiently Lethal

Dee

How would it be lr denial? The lr is legit no bhop and no crits. These factors would still be in effect, henceforth the lr isnt being denied.
If somebody chooses Classic JB Day for their lr wanting just a normal round of Jailbreak and warden then says "We're doing Pokemon day" then that would deny their lr.

Biggest problem with all these minigames is the favoritism aspect. With shark day the blue shark can actively choose who to kill and who to keep alive. With Pokemon day blues literally pick reds, that's favoritism. Gladiator has the same problem as shark. These minigames were banned for a reason and it's not just because blues had an unfair advantage.

honey

Wicked Nasty

honey

1666871647166.png

doesnt this beautifully designed pool make you want to be a shark :-D

Pienamai

Face Melting
If somebody chooses Classic JB Day for their lr wanting just a normal round of Jailbreak and warden then says "We're doing Pokemon day" then that would deny their lr.
By that logic warday, hunger games, and hide and seek would also count as lr denial if done on CJB, and yet they are still allowed

With Pokemon day blues literally pick reds, that's favoritism.
That's not how Pokemon Day works?
Each team has a "trainer" for blue team it's the warden, for red it's either a red chosen by the person who picked the lr, or a red randomly chosen by warden. The fighters for each fight are picked by the players of their own team. So no blues do not get to pick the reds to fight.

Dee

Sufficiently Lethal

Dee

By that logic warday, hunger games, and hide and seek would also count as lr denial if done on CJB, and yet they are still allowed
It is? It depends on what the person who chose the LR wants. It's not up to warden to decide for them.
That's not how Pokemon Day works?
My bad, it's been a long time since I've played that minigame. What I meant to say was that trainers can easily decide for people that they don't like to die if they know that those people will have a low chance at winning (for example going against medics, heavies). Since winning doesn't actually gain them anything the trainer could intentionally force someone to sit in spectator for the rest of the day, just to spite them.

Last edited:

Pienamai

Face Melting
It is? It depends on what the person who chose the LR wants. It's not up to warden to decide for them.
You can do all of those stuff during round like CJB although they don't count as a "regular round". It isn't considered LR denial
What I meant to say was that trainers can easily decide for people that they don't like to die if they know that those people will have a low chance at winning (for example going against medics, heavies).
Their fault for picking a bad class?
trainer could intentionally force someone to sit in spectator for the rest of the day, just to spite them.
Better than not fighting and spectating for the entire round anyway?

Jermbo

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member

Jermbo

So you want to bend this rule cuz this LR? sureeee, like no one going to do it anyway. Since this isn't going to be added based on the voting poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom