Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

It's been a really long time.

Winter

Protector of the Realm
Not exactly sure how to start this off, here goes nothing.

Many of you might remember me as CoLD, maybe even .:[CoLD Panda]:. back when operation panda was a thing, for those who do, I want to apologize. For those who don't well I don't think you really give two and a half shits but here we go anyway!

A long time ago, in a land far, far away, there was a forum called Operation-Panda which had a collection of servers much like this one. They were birthed after a conflict arose in their "parent" forum Panda-Community (which still stands and is fairly active to this day) and many of the mods decided to leave and build their own less toxic community.

I witnessed the birth of Operation-Panda, since I had just begun to play on community servers in TF2 and was a bit active on Panda-Community, so once I heard about it I decided why not? and went ahead and started going to the Operation-Panda servers instead. Time passed and I met some really, really amazing people playing and interacting on there. Some of them I still talk to to this day, others, not so much. Through my long, long time on Operation-Panda I built some wonderful bonds, and I became an admin on the community's servers and forums. Some time later, the news came in that the owners could not keep the servers up and running, and I completely respect their decision to shut the community down, it is a huge responsibility after all and the way they executed it was incredibly elegant and professional.

KNOCK KNOCK, who's there, it's a new opportunity! (Excuse any wrong information in this part, I am not 100% familiar with the details) After hearing about the news, a built community by the name of Blueprint decides that instead of letting Operation-Panda fall apart after a long time of being built, the owners would like to merge the two communities into a SUPER COMMUNITY, by the name of Operation-Blueprint (they bought the site and everything obp.tf, it's probably offline though)! High, high spirits flooded the staff of Operation-Panda, and we were incredibly excited for the merger. Short lasted our excitement was however. After some time it was announced that the merger would not actually take place, but any and all Operation-Panda staff could come over to Blueprint to start a "new life" but without their powers, many of us did, some did not, some even quit TF2. I was part of the people who did.

Arriving at Blueprint, I honestly did not expect the same warm environment as there was in Operation-Panda, but I am glad to say I was wrong. They graciously welcomed us, and from the start I knew that what was about to unfold would last a long time. Over the course of some months of playing on the servers and interacting generally, I decided that this was my new home, and as such applied for administrator so I can keep my home clean from the pesky villains. So I did, and got accepted! For a long time after we played and had a lot of fun, I met some amazing people in an amazing community, it was great.

This all ended however very abruptly. A couple health problems suddenly arose in my family, very serious diagnoses, all within a very short while. I did not have much time for games anymore, and I slowly drifted away from TF2. After some time things were sorted out, but the passion I had for TF2 was not at all restored. I disregarded the game, sold my inventory, and started playing other games instead. CS:GO caught me on, and I really liked it. What I apologized for at the start is this right here: I left abruptly, barely said anything. It would have been fine if I was a regular user, but I was an administrator, and I had my duties and responsibilities, but I left them behind. What I did was very unprofessional, careless, and stupid. I left my friends in the dust and I didn't even tell most of them that I wasn't playing TF2 anymore, I just left, for that I apologize.

Today however, after a summer vacation of barely any games, all the previous paragraph struck me, and I knew I couldn't just keep it like this. Although most people won't remember me, at least this will clear my conscience. I do however, want to get back to TF2, even though I dislike the skins update very much, I'm not into collecting anyway.

What I am interested in now though, is the story of how Blueprint turned into BlackWonder.

Thanks for reading this,
I'm back!

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
We know you had RL problems and everyone here has full understanding for that.

I hope bene makes you mod here again asap,
We need you.

Anyway, glad to have you back old lad. Welcome to blackwonder :)

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

After some time it was announced that the merger would not actually take place,

I mean, it kinda did. We pretty much duped the same game modes after we got the big Blueprint server and moved up from having 3/4 servers. We had to switch hosts from OP, that was inevitable, and had its own problems. Plus the name was gimmicky and awful for a community name. Too long.

As for the Blueprint-Blackwonder, Blp was kind of dwindling in terms of activity, and the servers Ben was running as a side thing was unexpectedly active, so it just made sense to merge the playerbase into one place, with less to manage.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
OOOOOH my dear friend.... how i have missed you <3
Everyone understands why you couldn't be active on the community, you don't have to worry about that.

Hopefully in the very very near future bene will make you an admin.
I really hope to see you and play with you again like the old times :X3:

I really hope no more dangerous issues pop out of nowhere.

Good luck dude <3

Winter

Protector of the Realm
Welcome back to the team! Hope you enjoy the new servers

Hey Benedickile, I really, really appreciate the trust you've put into me right off the bat, I'm very glad that you have this much faith in me. Although I am not sure how well some of the community might react to someone they have never even seen on the servers and had just joined the forums suddenly becoming a mod.

If you think it would be in the best interest of the community to de-mod me for the time being until I start actively going onto the servers I wouldn't mind in the slightest.

Otherwise, thank you!

Darthie 2.0 (:

Spectacularly Lethal
I honestly have never seen you or no idea who you are, But im going to say what the others said..

Welcome back! I hope you enjoy it all again :)

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
hey dude, welcome back! I, for one, didn't know you had pesonal issues, or I forgot it. But despite that, I never hold it against you! I know for a thing that you are a great person and admin and I always enjoyed playing with you. So I am really glad to have you back and don't worry about other people questioning your position: If any do, call me, and I will beat their as- I mean explain them as why you are admin and should stay.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

29086668.jpg

Let's have some fun times! :D

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom