Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is CTF a bad gamemode?

Is CTF good or bad?

• Good

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

B4IN

Mildly Menacing

alien

People say that CTF is a bad gamemode..
I agree because you don't test your skills its just back forward...
Thats my opinion tell me yours :3

Sakuya

Trickster
CTF is like the only game mode I play aside from community servers.
I find it very fun and how long a game can last is what I like. Also I met a couple people from Blackwonder on CTF.
Oh yah also I play it because I love turbine.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

CTF is a grey area for me. On one hand, it's a very old and fragile gamemode that's swarming with sentry nests in cramped spaces, and in my opinion is a slower version of Mannpower (which is the point of Mannpower in the first place).
On the other hand, 2fort and the Neon Annihilator are in the same game.

Stingy

Strange
CTf is a highly inpredictable field. It can just be a buttload of bullets,rockets,fire,balls,pills..etc where no one knows what they're doing.
But it can also be a Highly tactical gamemode (depends on ther players on the server) where you realy need to coordinate with at least 50% of your team to get up ahead.

At least thats what i think about it in general.

-Me

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
CTF is one of my favorite official game modes.

I've been playing it ever since I've started playing TF2 in 2012.

Sure, it isn't the best for engies, like at all, those poor guys trapped in the intel room, constantly, somebody go engie to relieve their pain, take their burden and make it yours, be a hero

but it's about as chill as it's going to get outside of mann vs machine.

You can't really join onto a TF2 server anymore and say "don't mind me, I'm just dicking around" but CTF seems to be that magical exception where almost nobody cares and the people who do are the ones that need to like
go play a different game mode
your iron ugc team means nothing to me
you're playing CTF
relax

Dee

Sufficiently Lethal

Dee

Eh...

CTF is a terrible gamemode when you're playing on Casual or Competitive, the reason being that such games can go on forever as there is no strict time limit and thus no real urge to do the objectives (i. e. both teams decide to defend the flag making the entire game a stalemate) also it's terrible for playing as Engineer or Sniper.

But if we are talking about community servers, sure it's okay. Not my favourite but hey, what do I know?

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Top Bottom