Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Invert Powerplay and Godmode durations (RTD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
The knockback resistance is just as harmful as it is helpful. You can't blast jump anywhere while under powerplay, which slows down certain classes quite a bit. I wouldn't mind godmode getting buffed to 25 secs, but I wouldn't want powerplay to last any less than 15 secs in its current state, or make it 10 secs while still taking self-knockback.

Philip

Australium
The knockback resistance is just as harmful as it is helpful. You can't blast jump anywhere while under powerplay, which slows down certain classes quite a bit. I wouldn't mind godmode getting buffed to 25 secs, but I wouldn't want powerplay to last any less than 15 secs in its current state, or make it 10 secs while still taking self-knockback.
This really only affects soldier and demoman- the two classes that benefit the most from powerplay due to splash damage. Sure, losing the ability to rocket jump may make killing people a bit less easy, but you still have crits, knockback resistance, and invulnerability for 25 seconds. You can power through the enemy the long way, like any other non-jumping class. Additionally, this potential downside to powerplay does not affect scout's multiple jumps as well.

In my opinion, any perk that has the potential to wipe out an entire team without much effort should not be 25 seconds long. On 2Fort, for example, 25 seconds of powerplay can let you walk from your side of the base to the other, destroy the nest, and still have time remaining. Reducing powerplay to 15 seconds would be the ideal change in my opinion.

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
The knockback resistance is just as harmful as it is helpful. You can't blast jump anywhere while under powerplay, which slows down certain classes quite a bit.
That's probably because OnTakeDamage gets blocked and so players can't take damage from self.
Kinda dumb since TFCond_MegaHeal already blocks the knockback AND airblast, and yes, this condition is also applied to you while on Powerplay Effects.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
In my opinion, any perk that has the potential to wipe out an entire team without much effort should not be 25 seconds long. On 2Fort, for example, 25 seconds of powerplay can let you walk from your side of the base to the other, destroy the nest, and still have time remaining. Reducing powerplay to 15 seconds would be the ideal change in my opinion.
25 secs seems long at first glance but you have to consider the RNG involved and what else you could be rolling. Being able to go on a killing spree for 25 seconds is balanced by the risk of being immobilized, incapacitated or downright killed by trying to access it. It's inherent sweeping power is also handy for breaking the stalemates that are the staple of modes like 2fort and Class Warfare, and quite in-line with servers that have RTD enabled in the first place. 15 is still acceptable imo, but I don't think 25 is terrible either.

Vix

Somewhat Threatening
15 seconds would be great, since outside of class warfare and 2fort, Powerplay, especially on grapple hook enabled servers can allow a player to completely and utterly decimate an entire enemy team and end up with them being kept in spawn til either their powerplay ends of the user with powerplay runs away, I don't think it should be reduced to 10 seconds, but 15 would be alot more balanced imo.

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Powerplay is fine with 25 seconds. If cut time duration a bit, you just don't gonna have enough time to do something.
This role is the most rare, like 1% to role. And powerplay has one downside, that compensates your time duration: you cannot rocket, sticky, blast jump to get on battlefield fast. You can still be stunned by holiday punch and you still need to aim for killing, no one forbade dodging powerplay.

I may agree on a short time for a Godmode only for 10 seconds, but still it has more chance to role and I had no problems with godmode rushing enemies and get a huge killstreak. Just don't do rtd at spawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom