Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed 'Insert Table' function

Kivuli

Strange

Casimir

Hello there,

since I am working in a office and use Excel as my daily driver, I miss one (imo) important function here. The option to add a table to let data look way clearer.

I tried it with the 'Toggle BB code' but well, that didn't worked...

H1H1H1
text1text2text3
text4text5text6

So I was wondering if it was possible to add the 'table' function here. Could be useful for some people.

The code (at least that it's shown in the 'Insert' drop-down menu) would look like this:

HTML:
<i class="fa fa-table" aria-hidden="true">
::before
</i>
    Table

And that's how the option would look like:

Example.png

After you clicked on the option 'table' a second window will pop up (like when you want to add a spoiler)
Could look like this:

Table.png

It's a liiiittttle bit inspired by Outlook.

There could be more options like changing the design of the table.

But a simple table is a good start.

Let me know what you think about my suggestion.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
I know a single thread on the entire forums where there is a table used. Why do we really need this function? It doesn't really have a purpose other than those niche once in a forum types of threads.

Kivuli

Strange

Casimir

Hey Jim,

I know a single thread on the entire forums where there is a table used.
Just because it only got once used (not sure how you want to add a table here, probably a picture?) doesn't mean it's a rarely used function. When I wanted to post a table here, I'd need to open Excel (maybe some people don't even have Excel), put my information in there, take a picture and upload it. Because of that, adding a table is probably so uncommon here. If there was a table function, a lot of time and nerves could be saved.

Why do we really need this function?
Well, why not? As I said in my text, it can be quiet useful when it comes to a lot of data and adding this feature really wouldn't hurt someone. It only has advantages.

It doesn't really have a purpose other than those niche once in a forum types of threads.
Back when I was in my old division, I got an email from a customer. Not sure if she knew that she could simply put the information in a table or not... Well, it took me 5 minutes to understand the meaning of her text because of the formatting that she used. If she had used a table it'd probably took 10 seconds to fully understand it.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom