Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Increasing requirements ot Admin Apps

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
The title says it all, i'm tired of admin apps made by newcomers that aren't even active members, i 'm just suggesting an increase of the posts count necessary and want a "minimal time active in-game/forum" to be added to unlock the Application button.

PS: Hopefully there won't be idlers on the forum.

Kretzy

If newcomers apply and just expect to be accepted, then they're stupid. They'll get declined anyway for not being active/ not being qualified. I think it's fine the way it is.

Tokugawa Ieyasu Jr

Scarcely Lethal
First you have to ask yourself which goals there are which we fulfill by placing down admins or accepting people as admins.
The first goal is of course making more money. You get more people with clean servers that are enjoyable. More people = more money (of course Ceteris Paribus). To get clean servers that are enjoyable you need someone to clean them. Now we found the purpose of the admin, making servers clean.

On the forums and in game it is advertised to become an admin or at least definitely show that you can. Out of this I conclude there is a need of more admins.
I on the other hand cannot conclude out of your posts that the admins function less as they should do. I also haven´t found any recent post that admins aren´t doing their job properly. Except the introduction/discussion post where I lost a bet though but that is not a decent post, it was rage not thought. Since this post is about admin applications I also looked for issues specific with new admins. I could not find any either. I now conclude there are no issues with admins.

The title says it all, i'm tired of admin apps made by newcomers that aren't even active members, i 'm just suggesting an increase of the posts count necessary and want a "minimal time active in-game/forum" to be added to unlock the Application button.

PS: Hopefully there won't be idlers on the forum.
What your post does say is that you don´t seem to like new applications of new people. I don´t really think we should make applications more difficult because you don´t like seeing posts.
If you don´t want to see new admin applications if they aren´t good then I suggest you do this.
cf15a815e7e1f6d7ae196700af94c7ee.png

instead of pressing it to show threads under it. That way you won´t have to see new applications.

Not to mention. Being admin and doing admin tasks is not exactly difficult or rocket science. As long as you have a decent temperament, know the rules and are trustworthy you should be able to become admin.

Now the last point. Denied applications are a good source to learn of for people who would want to become admin.

Instead I´d say fix the spelling error in the app, that may actually make more sense.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
It's simple. You show yourself active and you have a better chance to get a positive answer. If not, they won't.
If they still have the feeling to apply early, why stop them? It's not like they'd have a better chance, it would only drag a negative view on them as a whole, even if applying a second time later on. Then it's their fault for not using common sense and consulting advise spread across all the community.
Maybe it'll teach them something as well. I don't see a reason to change anything there.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom