Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved I'm Only Seeing a Reflected Skybox in Gameplay, but then i can see the map in spectator or when im dead!

Vixxi

Strange

RAHHHHH

I just got this random issue and now i can't really seem to play any of the Blackwonder Servers! I go in and automatically i see this trippy reflection from skyboxwith no map to be seen, but when im in spectator i can see people, props, the whole map. I have no idea how to fix this and i really want to play it again! Please see how i can fix this. :unsure:

Warrak

Rage Inducing

Warrak

I just got this random issue and now i can't really seem to play any of the Blackwonder Servers! I go in and automatically i see this trippy reflection from skyboxwith no map to be seen, but when im in spectator i can see people, props, the whole map. I have no idea how to fix this and i really want to play it again! Please see how i can fix this. :unsure:
Try playing around with some video settings like vsync. If nothing try recording a demo and stopping the demo through console. If that doesn't really work, verify game cache.

If it seems to be an issue with a specific map, then delete the map in the according folder.

If you are stuck in spectator do "autoteam" in console.

Last edited:

Vixxi

Strange

RAHHHHH

Try playing around with some video settings like vsync. If nothing try recording a demo and stopping the demo through console. If that doesn't really work, verify game cache.

If it seems to be an issue with a specific map, then delete the map in the according folder.

If you are stuck in spectator do "autoteam" in console.
still have that weird trippy skybox

Freak Hill

if anyone finds a fix to this, i am having a related issue, i hope its okay to use YouTube links, i have video footage of the problem i'm having. the same applies to what the original guy posted, spectator is is fine, and i can see through everyone else, except when i spawn in everything is messed up like when you see a part of the map that is outside of its skybox or something. ive tried the suggested fixes and no dice.

I love vsh_skyhighresort its the only server i use instead of casual and in my 5 years of playing this has never happened before. its only on Black Wonder servers, i originally thought that if i delete and re-download the maps, change my config, delete all my custom files, then it would finally work.

if you dont trust the link, i have the video in my steam profiles "videos" section. my Steam is https://steamcommunity.com/id/Please_help_me_ive_lost_so_much/

Freak Hill

Thanks to no one, i found that it is a problem only with the server, and the servers custom commands. particularly the !fov command, and simple reseting it in-game fixed the issue. thanks a lot

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Thanks to no one, i found that it is a problem only with the server, and the servers custom commands. particularly the !fov command, and simple reseting it in-game fixed the issue. thanks a lot
I am glad you figured out your issue. Two things.
1. We have a unique map, that is different from other communities. One that prevents most exploits.
2. We are unable to control every variable in an individual's setup.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom