Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I'm getting my first PC

Good Setup or Bad Setup?

• Bad Setup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mortem

Notably Dangerous
I'm getting my first gaming PC as my current laptop just can't keep up and I need to know if this is a setup for my budget of £830 (I will be upgrading parts of it over time after purchase). The computer specs is the attached file.

Attachments

• The computer.JPG
    The computer.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 241

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
I wouldn't really rely on a single SSD to carry all of your stuff. That might go out badly after some time. Perhaps just use a 250 SSD for your OS and another Hard drive to store your data on.
AMD is generally to be careful with as they might not be suited for gaming, and have potential to conflict with components.
400 watt PSU might be acceptable in this, but if youre planning on upgrading, that thing will get to it's knees soon.

D

Deleted member 2049

An AMD processor is ok but not as reliable as an intel processor. Also, you should get something to increase your memory storage, one SSD with 500GB isn't enough (In fact the SSD space is more than what you may need, you could go for a 250GB one like Timo said). But since you already have an SSD, you should get a Hard Drive too for more space. You can use the SSD for stuff like booting up your pc and things that take long to load. Hard Drives are cheaper and can store more, SSDs are expensive but faster. Also, maybe you should add more RAM. 8GB is ok, but depending on what you're planning to do with your pc, it's a good idea to add more in my opinion.

Mortem

Notably Dangerous
Thanks for the feedback Time and Dusk. I have made a slight change to the order, 1 less case fan and a recovery USB just in case.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
It will do fine for stuff like TF2 but won't be able to play much higher than medium on anything new.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom