Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frama

what do i do and who am i
Hey!

Recently I'm having some problems with my PC and I have 0 clue on how to fix them.

First of all, constant lag spikes. When I open up a game that requires internet connection (ex. CS:GO, RL, OW and a lot more) I have lag spikes every ~5 seconds, and it's literally unplayable. My connection is okay and has always been.
To be honest I'm not even sure if it's caused by the connection or not.

The second problem is PC turning off randomly. Unless I keep it idle, my PC turns off after about 30 min for absolutely no reason.

At first I thought they were both caused by overheating, even because until some time ago the hotter the PC became, the more games lagged. But now, it does this even if the PC is perfectly cold.

Someone help me, I'm really struggling to find out what is happening.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Drivers all up to date and power source not somewhat dying?

Kowii

Inactive, But always lurking.

Kow

That's weird
Are you sure like Timo said, that all your drivers are up-to-date?
I don't know if this is really neccesary, but did you recently also install some updates for your pc?

Sakuya

Trickster
Hmm you did say you got a new card correct? Could be the card is taking up so much from your power source. Maybe get a bigger power source?

Keiii

Sufficiently Lethal
ping the gameserver you're having lagspikes on to know if its the connection or PC

use a tool for calculating wattage needed for your pc components

do an antivirus scan. do a malwarebytes scan. defragment/optimize drives. use disk cleanup. use ccleaner. check autostart. check task scheduler.

Frama

what do i do and who am i
Hmm you did say you got a new card correct? Could be the card is taking up so much from your power source. Maybe get a bigger power source?
May be. It's really old and I had different problems in the past related to it.

Sakuya

Trickster
May be. It's really old and I had different problems in the past related to it.
It can possibly be the source of your problems and also it can't but its best to upgrade it still since you said its old and you've had problems in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom