Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to find how someone is hacking in tf2

LOONATEEK

Mildly Menacing
Now I may be taking from Vorobey here but I know there are a lot of hackers but here is a small guide of how to spot a hacker.
1. How do they play, What I mean is "Are they top scoring" or "Do they have an extended amount of points" If any of these are true, this does not mean they are hacking just be aware.

2. What level are they, if you press tab it should let you know the level of the person in casual but in a community server like black wonder, it does not work like that. A decent way to check a level in black wonder is either on this website or Discord. Or even check the steam and see if they just made the account recently. Now if it's like a new account with like 100 points on a game of upward or something they are either a hacker or an alt. Both should be banned because why would you need an alt in the first case?

3. Profile, now this is going to the point where 'Research' is being done. When you go to their profile, look at how long they have been on Steam, what other games they have been playing, and how many hours they have on TF2. Now if they are new to TF2 but have like a whole bunch of hours on CS:GO(not hacking on that) or some other multiplayer FPS then they might have experience with aiming. If they have a private profile then be very suspicious of them

4. Spectate, there is a unique feature when you change teams. It looks like an old box TV and says spectate when you hover over it. Now when you are spectating them you need to use these clues. A. 'What is their aim', when they are flicking a lot and shooting at places they are not aiming, that is a big clue of whether they are hacking or not. B. What is their ping, there is a ping hack to make people less suspicious when they hack. Are they lagging, are they getting kills not possible with a regular person? C. How many crits(Random Critical Hits) are they getting? Are they getting crits constantly? D. Lastly can they see people that are behind something? Are they tracking someone behind a wall, can they see invisible spies, are they pre-firing (shooting before they can see who is there).

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Nice guide, of course nothing is truly definitive unless you spectate them in first person. Just because they're a fresh account or private that's topscoring doesn't mean they're a hacker.
Best way to gather evidence is to spectate them in first person and record that for the staff team to review.

LOONATEEK

Mildly Menacing
Nice guide, of course nothing is truly definitive unless you spectate them in first person. Just because they're a fresh account or private that's topscoring doesn't mean they're a hacker.
Best way to gather evidence is to spectate them in first person and record that for the staff team to review.
I know, I am just telling people how I catch hackers.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 23)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom