Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hopes and expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Flying in an infinite procedually generated universe.
After around 4 years the about 10 People large Team from hellogames finally got their project No man's sky finished.

18 quintillion planets to explore. 99,9% Will Never be discovered. Our sun will burn out before that.

Of course that is a huge scale. But what do you hope from this game (if you Hype it like i do)?

I expect nice gameplay, random occurances (Black holes, supernovas) And of course "okay" optimizations of the game.

What are yours?

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Snooze
I expect boring gameplay :d. Without a story, exploring wont be that interesting. Doubt you'll play hundreds of hours.

There will be like 25 kind of planets and that's it.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
I expect boring gameplay :d. Without a story, exploring wont be that interesting. Doubt you'll play hundreds of hours.

There will be like 25 kind of planets and that's it.
There actually is a lore which is Said to be found out after Time.

Everything is procedually generated by a PC which means every Planet is different.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Snooze
There actually is a lore which is Said to be found out after Time.

Everything is procedually generated by a PC which means every Planet is different.
Every planet is different.... :D I know that but I doubt they'll be different significantly

Bassianus

Retired Pun-Making Skeleton
I expect a good game, what holds true up to its word, and I'm gonna say it now... what it promises, is huge. So if it pulls it off, all the respect to it.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

I expect it to be a cool idea, cool to explore for a couple hours, but once the novelty wears off, I expect it to be the same thing over and over again, with little variation in the gameplay. I don't believe the gameplay will be anything groundbreaking or largely above average, and will probably lose my attention very fast, as I actually like goals and targets and progression in my game, not just wandering aimlessly with very loose goals in mind (Skyrim. Bored me very fast after the initial chunk of gameplay.).

Minecraft is procedurally generated, doesn't change the content at all, which, to me, is very lacklustre.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
I expect it to be a cool idea, cool to explore for a couple hours, but once the novelty wears off, I expect it to be the same thing over and over again, with little variation in the gameplay. I don't believe the gameplay will be anything groundbreaking or largely above average, and will probably lose my attention very fast, as I actually like goals and targets and progression in my game, not just wandering aimlessly with very loose goals in mind (Skyrim. Bored me very fast after the initial chunk of gameplay.).

Minecraft is procedurally generated, doesn't change the content at all, which, to me, is very lacklustre.
The actual objective is to get to the Center of the universe.

Keiii

Sufficiently Lethal

Keiii

Thats the top left corner of your current z axis value, if programmed that way, not the center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom