Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Hollow's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollow

Uncharitable
Username: Hollow

Name
Hollow

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? 8 Days, 6 hours

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

If you have ever played on a Blackwonder server, you will have had a user profile automatically generated on tfstats.tf. Locate and link your tfstats profile here. https://tfstats.tf/players/4320665

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:419297701

Your DiscordID
hollow#6800

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
US Jailbreak, US Jailbreak

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I've noticed a recent increase in users who Micspam, use inappropriate language, have inappropriate sprays, and do illegal actions such as mfk and other such issues on an constant basis. It seems that during the hours that I play on the server, there (most of the time) isn't any mods present to deal with these people, and I'd hope that I could handle these issues rather than having to wait on an admin to show up instead.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you know or have spoken to
Haven't asked for any of their permissions so I can't list them unfortunately.

How often do you play TF2?
at least once a day for about 3 - 5 hours straight

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
General

Mic/ chat spam - 1 hour gag/mute > 3 hour gag/mute > 1 day gag/mute >1 week gag/mute > 1 month gag/mute > perma gag/mute

Inappropriate spray - sprayban until they prove that they have switched sprays

Toxicity / Hate speech - warn > 1 hour gag/mute > 1 day gag/mute > 3 day gag/mute > 1 week gag/mute > 1 month gag/mute > perma gag/mute

hacking - perma ban with evidence

exploiting - warn > kick > 1 hour ban > 3 hour ban > 1 day ban > 1 week ban > 1 month ban > perma ban

!call admin abuse - warn > 1 hour gag > 3 hour gag > 1 day gag > 1 week gag > 1 month gag > perma gag

foreign languages - warn > 1 hour mute > 3 hour mute > 1 day mute > 1 week mute > 1 month mute > perma mute

advertising cheats/hacks - insta permgag/mute

Donor Abuse - 3 strike warn > removal of perms

Punishment Evasion: Double length for whatever punishment was given, and punishing alts as well if they are used.

JB General

Ghosting - warn > 30 min gag > 1 hour gag > 1 day gag > 1 week gag > 1 month gag > perma gag

Warden impersonation - warn > 1 hour gag/mute > 1 day gag/mute > 1 week gag/mute > 1 month gag/mute > perma gag/mute

Overtalking Warden: Warn > 30 min mute > 1 hour mute > 3 hour mute > 1 day mute > 3 day mute > 1 week mute > 1 month mute > perma mute

Delaying: Warn > slay > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Blu

No mic/ poor quality mic - tb until they can prove they have an understandable, working microphone

Freekill - slay > 30 min tb > 1 hour> 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Mfk - slay> 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Button griefing - warn/slay depending on if they cause deaths > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Hunt + Chase without permission - slay > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Camping rebel spots - slay > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Baiting: Warn > slay > 30 min tb > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Favoritism: Warn > slay > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Not willing to be warden: Warn > slay > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Armory Camping: Warn > slay > 30 min tb > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 3 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Warden

LR Denial - warn > slay > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 3 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

trick orders - warn/slay depending on if they cause deaths> 1 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Pardoning reds - warn > slay > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Warden hogging - slay > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Lying - warn > slay > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

illegal minigames/FF/freeday - warn > slay > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

not giving repeats - warn > slay > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Chaining special days: warn > slay > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I have recently said in chatlogs that "There is a reason why I say that admin wasn't all that important to me, but if I say it, I'd probably not be able to get accept". This obviously looks bad. The reason, as I will say now, was that I didn't care at that moment in time about getting accepted in the future. This was before the aformentioned influx of issues I discussed earlier. My opinions have since altered, and I do not hold this belief anymore. I hope that this sentiment will not be used to judge my application.

I swear. I admit it. The unfortunate problem with tfstats is that it can only show one side of a conversation, and while viewing these logs of mine, you will see swears. These actions will most likely be seen as either toxicity or otherwise rudeness. I primarily will only swear around those that I believe are either don't mind the language or I otherwise know to a level to where they understand that my swears are more a character of my language around those I know instead of me being hateful towards others. I hope that this information gives a better understanding to my actions.

I also hope that this application and my actions since the last one reflect better than the previous application. Thanks to those that view and critique my app.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

Hollow

Uncharitable
After having submitted this, I will be almost immediately heading to bed, so I unfortunately will not be able to reply until tomorrow. Apologies for any issues this brings.

Hollow

Uncharitable
I'm awake again. Will be able to respond, but it might be limited due to me needing to be at a party for a few hours

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
Hi again, I'll be reviewing your application.

I am going to link your second application here for reference.
1717851676222.png

Your playtime is sufficient and has increased about ~40 hours in the past six months. Sessions have been consistent since the beginning of May, preceding immediately before a 4 month break.

You have 3 official prior teambans but no other punishments on record, but none of them have been issued since your last application.
1717851985457.png

I have recently said in chatlogs that "There is a reason why I say that admin wasn't all that important to me, but if I say it, I'd probably not be able to get accept". This obviously looks bad. The reason, as I will say now, was that I didn't care at that moment in time about getting accepted in the future. This was before the aformentioned influx of issues I discussed earlier. My opinions have since altered, and I do not hold this belief anymore. I hope that this sentiment will not be used to judge my application.
You've requested that your prior chatlog about an admin shouldn't be considered within your application.. That chatlog is four days old, much more recent than I would have expected giving you've already written your concern about it. The comment itself is fine; We can't force you to be a fan of an admin. With that in mind, I want to make sure that your mind isn't swayed from the worry of how it'll look on an application. Recall that in your last application, there was an issue of the attitude you had towards the team you were applying for. It's great that you're being more mindful of what you say in those regards. While we're at it, do you still hold this belief?
1717853080948.png

This log and the one you've mentioned have me worried that you're significantly more concerned about the things you say directly before you apply, but less afterwards. Given that you've been reporting on the forums and utilizing the ingame calladmin since your first application, I have some confidence that you care about maintaining order on the servers. In any case though, we wouldn't want you looking the other way as a direct result of your previous application's outcome.

I swear. I admit it. The unfortunate problem with tfstats is that it can only show one side of a conversation, and while viewing these logs of mine, you will see swears. These actions will most likely be seen as either toxicity or otherwise rudeness. I primarily will only swear around those that I believe are either don't mind the language or I otherwise know to a level to where they understand that my swears are more a character of my language around those I know instead of me being hateful towards others. I hope that this information gives a better understanding to my actions.
Swearing isn't uncommon or anything. Obviously we can't jump at every instance of swearing, but your chatlogs containing swearing are more often than not in an aggressive manner. (See below)
1717858272527.png

1717857628350.png

You're right, your TFStats chatlogs only show your side of the conversation. They can't show what kinds of things people say on voice chat, and reviewing the Jailbreak chatlogs is time consuming and unrealistic. There will always be a lack of context. You swearing playfully at your friends is a little better than aggressively at players. But ideally, we wouldn't want you to display that behavior in the first place. Remember that you're setting an example for players. That means toning down the aggression regardless of the target. Obviously we can't ask you to explain all of your logs or differentiate the conversations between your friends and strangers, but keeping the hostility out of your chatlogs means we wouldn't have to have concerns about it.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
Punishment lengths increase rather harshly but it's good that you recognize repeated offenses result in longer punishments

Mfk - 1 hour tb > 1 day tb> 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb
We start much higher here

Looking for the following:
(General)
- Punishment Evasion
(JB)
- Overtalking warden
- Delaying
(BLU)
- Baiting
- Favoritism
I didn't list everything missing, there are a few more things for you to address.

Good start on the punishment section otherwise, this is much better than the previous one.

That should be all for now as far as basic review goes. Feel free to edit your application to include missing information. Please reach out to us if you have any questions. Thanks

Hollow

Uncharitable
While we're at it, do you still hold this belief?
No, I do not. Again, I understand that my words look bad, especially considering how recent they are. As I said, I do not hold this belief any longer. This can be shown clearly by my recent reports.

We start much higher here
Yeah, I was kind of on the fence about how to approach this. Switched to slay > 1 week > 1 month > perma

Looking for the following:
adding these both here and in the main list for reference

General

Punishment Evasion: Double length for whatever punishment was given, and punishing alts as well if they are used.

JB General

Overtalking Warden: Warn > 30 min mute > 1 hour mute > 3 hour mute > 1 day mute > 3 day mute > 1 week mute > 1 month mute > perma mute

Delaying: Warn > slay > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Blu

Baiting: Warn > slay > 30 min tb > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Favoritism: Warn > slay > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Not willing to be warden: Warn > slay > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Armory Camping: Warn > slay > 30 min tb > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 3 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

Warden

Chaining special days: warn > slay > 1 hour tb > 3 hour tb > 1 day tb > 1 week tb > 1 month tb > perma tb

If there are any other items that you see not on this list that I havent addressed yet, please let me know! I believe that I have gotten to all of them. Thanks!

Hollow

Uncharitable
So before an admin can say it. yes, I did just get tb'd. I didn't realize that I had freekilled until the evidence was provided, and if this seals the fate on this application, then so be it.

crikey

Australium
Staff Member

crikey

User was recently reported/punished:

Hollow

Uncharitable
I have strong reasoning to believe that Meowsler's report should not be taken into consideration, as it should be invalid.

At the beginning of the round, I had specified for freeday's to not walk into my melee range, for if they did, I would kill them. This is a legal order in Blackwonder JB. At the time of the "freekill", Both Meowsler and I walked into each other. While I understand that I would not be allowed to kill him if the case were that I walked into him while he was standing still, this did not happen, as the video evidence shows that he also walked into me. I would not have killed Meowsler if it did not seem that, from my persepective, he was the one walking towards me while I was following a straight path and he moved towards me in that path. This would be equivalent to a spy walking by your side to backstab you, but you wouldn't be allowed to kill them because "you walked towards them, so it's not a forcebait", or something along those lines. Furthermore, when Meowsler called a vote on me, it was agreed upon by the blus who witnessed that it was a false voteslay, and that it should not have been done. Even further, when the vote was 15-9 yes favored, what I can only assume was an admin or some other position in staff ended up nullifying the vote, which meant that it was agreed upon by the staff member present that the slay was false. With this evidence, I can only determine that this voteslay was an illegal abuse of donor privelages, and is not a proper freekill.

For Preacher's report. As I posted above (which did not get displayed at the same time or before Crikey's message on these two reports, only after and probably at the same time as this post), I already admit fault to that instance. I understand that I was in the wrong for that kill, and did not notice that warden had been killed before I had killed preacher, thus making me think that preacher was not in the right. Upon seeing the video evidence he provided, I admit that I was, in fact, wrong, and that he was within his rights to move when he moved. I will not dispute the validity of his report. That said, I would still appreciate if Meowsler's report is not taken into account, considering the reasons I provided above. Thank you.

Hollow

Uncharitable
To be more specific, if we would assume that I was walking North in the clip, Meowsler was walking at me towards Southeast, it wasn't a head-to-head collision

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hello,

You have been punished multiple times since you published your application. It would be best if you took some time to reflect, ensure you understand the rules, and prove that you can follow them. Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom