Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

History Question

LeeroyTheJanitor

Notably Dangerous
This is not a homework. This is for fun for everyone that know history very much.(if you see some misspelled or incorrect spelling, tell me)

When the Roman Empire dissolved?

Is the Ottoman Empire biggest empire in history. Is that true?

Who is the last Sultan of Ottoman Empire?

Who is the last emperor of Russian Empire?

Who is the last emperor of The German Empire?

When Austria-Hungary Founded?

The British Empire is the largest empire in the history. Is that true?

When Spanish Empire Founded?

When the Soviet Union Founded?

Which the country that triggered World War I?

Which the country that triggered World War II?

When the American Civil War Started?

The Soviet Union Has 15 republics. Tell me 15 country that in the Soviet Union.

Which country that triggered Vietnam War?

Which country that triggered Cold War?

Why America deploy a nuke at Japanese Empire?

Why North Korea Attacked South Korea that triggered 1st Korean war?

(P.S: You can check google to see the answer.)
(I repeat again. This is not a homework.)

D

Deleted member 2049

This is not a homework. This is for fun for everyone that know history very much.(if you see some misspelled or incorrect spelling, tell me)

Who will win? History classes that don't really help in life problems or 1 english boi

D

Deleted member 2120

Ya know, I am a history nerd but I hardly know any of these. Probably because my knowledge is rather generalized than anything specific.

Philip

Australium

I LOVE HISTORY.

Let me try to answer some of these:
1) The Roman Empire collapsed on May 29, 1453. Rome was pretty much a shell of its former self at that point.
2) The Ottoman, while it may be one of the largest empires, was NOT the largest of them all. The British Empire was the largest empire in all of history with 13.71 million squared miles of land at its peak!
3) The last Ottoman Sultan was Mehmed the 6th.
4) The last "emperor" of Russia was Nicholas the Second. However, technically, the LAST emperor of Russia was Emperor Michael the Second (who only stayed in power for a day)
5) Austria-Hungary was founded in March 1st, 1867 and dissolved in 1918.
6) Yes. The British Empire was the LARGEST empire in history.
7) The Spanish Empire was founded in 1492.
8) The Bolsheviks took control in 1917 led by Vladimir Lenin. 5 years later, the Soviet Union was officially established in 1922.
9) The Serbians technically started WW1 (with the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand) However, they alone didn't start the war. An arms race, alliances, imperialism (land n' stuff), and nationalism between several states made the situation go down a slippery slope.
10) There are several causes of WW2. The obvious ones being "Hitler's Grand Adventure" of Nazi Germany, Japan's invasion (and brutal slaughtering) of China (after realizing it can be a world powerhouse after the Meiji Restoration and obliterating Russia), and Italian Fascism (No one cares about Italy. They sucked in the war)
11) The American Civil war started in 1861. Unlike on what Wikipedia says, the war was started NOT by slavery, but by tensions between the North and South concerning tariffs and inequality. The South wanted independence because the North treated them like crap!
12) Russian SFSR, Ukrainian SSR, Moldovan SSR, Estonian SSR, Latvian SSR, Lithuanian SSR, Georgian SSR, Azerbaijan SSR, Armenian SSR, Byelorussian SSR, Kazakh SSR, Kirghiz SSR, Tajik SSR, Turkmen SSR, Uzbek SSR.
13) The Vietnam war was started on 1955 between North and South Vietnam. The North was a communist state led by Ho Chi Minh. The Cold War was going on during the time, so everyone was on edge about the EVIL SPREAD OF COMMUNISM and such. The United States was particularly keen on this (as they were against Russia) and sided with South Vietnam.
14) The Cold war wasn't really a war (though it had proxy wars such as the Vietnam War). Rather it was an "arms race" between the US + ANTI COMMUNISM NATO and COMMUNIST Soviet Union. Its not really a good idea to stockpile enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world many times over.
15) The US dropped the Atom bomb in Hiroshima and Nagasaki NOT ONLY to end the war, but to show that the US was SUPER STRONG BADASS to intimidate other states. (Which then leads to the Cold War... and bla bla bla bla)
16) The North Koreans wanted to UNIFY Korea Again by invading South Korea, hence making the whole state Communist (This was in the Cold War Era... so this is typical). The United States backed South Korea while China and Russia backed North Korea. In the end, there was a stalemate with one side continuously threatening the other over dominance... which still continues today (though recent efforts are trying to avert this)

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own

This is a complicated question, to some extent, because you can argue it two ways. You can argue that it was the United State's fault for not helping out Ho Chi Minh with violent revolutionaries, resulting in him turning to communists to get help. On the other hand, you can blame it on South Vietnam for being so violent beforehand, pressuring Ho Chi Minh into be a communist. Then again, you can also blame it on Ho Chi Minh for thinking communism was a good idea at all, given its track record of corruption and the whole cold war being fought over communism thing.

So pick one of those and blame it on them, I guess. Just don't tell me the US lost to a bunch of farmers, because they didn't. They lost to a bunch of hippies.

LeeroyTheJanitor

Notably Dangerous
I LOVE HISTORY.

Let me try to answer some of these:
1) The Roman Empire collapsed on May 29, 1453. Rome was pretty much a shell of its former self at that point.
2) The Ottoman, while it may be one of the largest empires, was NOT the largest of them all. The British Empire was the largest empire in all of history with 13.71 million squared miles of land at its peak!
3) The last Ottoman Sultan was Mehmed the 6th.
4) The last "emperor" of Russia was Nicholas the Second. However, technically, the LAST emperor of Russia was Emperor Michael the Second (who only stayed in power for a day)
5) Austria-Hungary was founded in March 1st, 1867 and dissolved in 1918.
6) Yes. The British Empire was the LARGEST empire in history.
7) The Spanish Empire was founded in 1492.
8) The Bolsheviks took control in 1917 led by Vladimir Lenin. 5 years later, the Soviet Union was officially established in 1922.
9) The Serbians technically started WW1 (with the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand) However, they alone didn't start the war. An arms race, alliances, imperialism (land n' stuff), and nationalism between several states made the situation go down a slippery slope.
10) There are several causes of WW2. The obvious ones being "Hitler's Grand Adventure" of Nazi Germany, Japan's invasion (and brutal slaughtering) of China (after realizing it can be a world powerhouse after the Meiji Restoration and obliterating Russia), and Italian Fascism (No one cares about Italy. They sucked in the war)
11) The American Civil war started in 1861. Unlike on what Wikipedia says, the war was started NOT by slavery, but by tensions between the North and South concerning tariffs and inequality. The South wanted independence because the North treated them like crap!
12) Russian SFSR, Ukrainian SSR, Moldovan SSR, Estonian SSR, Latvian SSR, Lithuanian SSR, Georgian SSR, Azerbaijan SSR, Armenian SSR, Byelorussian SSR, Kazakh SSR, Kirghiz SSR, Tajik SSR, Turkmen SSR, Uzbek SSR.
13) The Vietnam war was started on 1955 between North and South Vietnam. The North was a communist state led by Ho Chi Minh. The Cold War was going on during the time, so everyone was on edge about the EVIL SPREAD OF COMMUNISM and such. The United States was particularly keen on this (as they were against Russia) and sided with South Vietnam.
14) The Cold war wasn't really a war (though it had proxy wars such as the Vietnam War). Rather it was an "arms race" between the US + ANTI COMMUNISM NATO and COMMUNIST Soviet Union. Its not really a good idea to stockpile enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world many times over.
15) The US dropped the Atom bomb in Hiroshima and Nagasaki NOT ONLY to end the war, but to show that the US was SUPER STRONG BADASS to intimidate other states. (Which then leads to the Cold War... and bla bla bla bla)
16) The North Koreans wanted to UNIFY Korea Again by invading South Korea, hence making the whole state Communist (This was in the Cold War Era... so this is typical). The United States backed South Korea while China and Russia backed North Korea. In the end, there was a stalemate with one side continuously threatening the other over dominance... which still continues today (though recent efforts are trying to avert this)

You are the winner my dude

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

When you're more productive looking up internet questions than in real life,
ᵇᵘᵗ ˢᵗᶦˡˡ ᵈᵒᵉˢⁿ'ᵗ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰᵉ ᵃⁿˢʷᵉʳˢ

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom