Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved high ping on a server that i used to get low ping on

Charis

Strange
So this trade server i always go to has given me ping upwards of 200+, the weird thing is that I used to get 30 or less on that server for months. As far as I know its the only server that gives me this problem. It's one of the servers i go to the most.

This is the server IP in question: 85.117.240.6:27145

thanks in advance

Limp

I'm having the same issue. All servers tagged Blackwonder US have latency in the mid 200s for me, and I live in Atlanta. In comparison,

MIA servers are around 30.
NY servers are around 40.
TX servers are around 30.
LA servers are around 60.
UK servers are around 110.
The lone AUS server has a ping of 242.
The unmarked Blackwonder servers are around 120.

Something really weird is going on with the server host. I have not really seen any responses from moderators on discord who either a) ignore it or b) say it is simply the issue of the person with the high latency. In the discord, I have seen users Sammers, est, Michael Blackson, iwannfly, poopyjoe, Carl_116, and perhaps Ashai complain about the high latency. I sincerely doubt that it is the users who have the issue - or at least me - since I am still able to connect to servers which have the appropriate amount of latency for their distance from me.

Manager Robbwonder.tf replied to a ping regarding this issue, stating that he may "wander into the server rooms and nicely ask the rack to be better" which is the closest we have gotten to any sort of tangible response which is still incredibly dismissive. I would love for you guys to actually get in contact with the people hosting the Blackwonder US servers and see if there is any problem on their side which could be affecting latency to players, because they might as well be hosting from the other side of the world.

Included are screenshots to demonstrate my point. I do not have abnormal latency with any other server group than Blackwonder US.

Blackwonder US is home to servers unique to the group's ecosystem such as Super Zombie Fortress, Jailbreak, the Duel server, Wave Dodgeball, and Medic vs. Engineer. It is not possible for me, the other users, and however many more silent players to be able to enjoy these servers. I would greatly appreciate a response from the team.

Attachments

• 1626552363173.png
    1626552363173.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
  • 20210717155116_1.jpg
    20210717155116_1.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 108

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I'm having the same issue. All servers tagged Blackwonder US have latency in the mid 200s for me, and I live in Atlanta. In comparison,

Something really weird is going on with the server host. I have not really seen any responses from moderators on discord who either a) ignore it or b) say it is simply the issue of the person with the high latency. In the discord, I have seen users Sammers, est, Michael Blackson, iwannfly, poopyjoe, Carl_116, and perhaps Ashai complain about the high latency. I sincerely doubt that it is the users who have the issue - or at least me - since I am still able to connect to servers which have the appropriate amount of latency for their distance from me.

Manager Robbwonder.tf replied to a ping regarding this issue, stating that he may "wander into the server rooms and nicely ask the rack to be better" which is the closest we have gotten to any sort of tangible response which is still incredibly dismissive. I would love for you guys to actually get in contact with the people hosting the Blackwonder US servers and see if there is any problem on their side which could be affecting latency to players, because they might as well be hosting from the other side of the world.

Included are screenshots to demonstrate my point. I do not have abnormal latency with any other server group than Blackwonder US.

Blackwonder US is home to servers unique to the group's ecosystem such as Super Zombie Fortress, Jailbreak, the Duel server, Wave Dodgeball, and Medic vs. Engineer. It is not possible for me, the other users, and however many more silent players to be able to enjoy these servers. I would greatly appreciate a response from the team.
To be clear, I replied to Sammy who was trollingly pinging me even though he knows I have nothing to do with the servers.

Limp

That's my bad. I'm not familiar with the structure of the group, and I do recognize he had done wrong and pinged above admin and staff, which already should not have been done. I didn't make it clear he had acted that way and provoked such a response. I still wanted to include that example because no response from any level in the hierarchy has implied they are at least passing on the message and making the right person aware that there could possibly be an issue with the servers or their host, and all of them so far are pointing the finger in the user's direction. I'm sorry if I'm being biting with my words, I don't really know how to restrain that. I do mean the best, though.

Charis

Strange

nice to know im not the only one.
for reference the server is located in texas i beliave and i live in texas so yeah.
plz fix

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
That's my bad. I'm not familiar with the structure of the group, and I do recognize he had done wrong and pinged above admin and staff, which already should not have been done. I didn't make it clear he had acted that way and provoked such a response. I still wanted to include that example because no response from any level in the hierarchy has implied they are at least passing on the message and making the right person aware that there could possibly be an issue with the servers or their host, and all of them so far are pointing the finger in the user's direction. I'm sorry if I'm being biting with my words, I don't really know how to restrain that. I do mean the best, though.
No no, not at all. I just didn't want you to get the impression you were being deliberately ignored. The only people who can address that specific concern are in Europe.

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

For future reference and context: the servers without a region in the name / "unmarked" are EU servers
The ping issue is only affecting US regioned servers, but other servers within the US such as New York, LA, Miami, etc.. are fine.

I believe this issue is only affecting players within the US as other players outside of the us (myself included) don't seem to be dealing with this.

Johnbirdman

US - 85.117.240.6:27145
My friend lives only 1 state from me and hasn't had any ping issues, mine started about a week ago. Server browser latency says 250 when before it was about 50. All US servers are higher than the UK servers
Screenshot_1797.png
Screenshot_1811.png

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom