Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Heres a rule idea because im tired of blues hiding in medic

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Plz post a poll so this can be voted on.

Medic camping is nowhere near as egregious as armory camping, as a single ubercharge or competent sniper can clear the area most of the time (I will be assuming its either a freeday or some other LR for these points, as medic camping is rare in actual rounds). Reds are even allowed to enter medic while a Blu is in there (provided they stay out of melee range), essentially meaning that any blu who "camps medic" is trapped there until hes killed, with little chance of escape, especially with high red counts.
Similar to crits, unrestricted access to medic is another way to equalize the numbers disadvantage and having to wait for Reds to rebel as a Blu. This will be getting a "No" vote from me, and I encourage you all to do the same.

Last edited:

Corrin

Positively Inhumane

Pompous

I'm going with NO for this, medic camping is not a huge ordeal if you look at it, the BLU cannot camp the entrance as the corners in some map of the medic entrances are quite small, allowing reds who walk into their melee range, to be dead. So the BLU must stay in the other corners, far away from the entrance, and can quite quickly be cornered by 2 reds.
Plus, if someone was blocking the entrance of medic, the BLU would probably give him a warning and a countdown to move, if he needs to get out,
a sniper can approach far behind the door blocker and scope in, killing the BLU.
There are many pros to the "no medic camping" but it is quite easy to kill a BLU inside of medic with uber or weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
While I do not necessarily think the rule needs to be added, I do have reservations over those defending the ability to camp in medic.

The examples provide for unique circumstances, presuming that reds even have an uber medic or a sniper.
This is to say that the reds MUST assume there will be a blue camping in medic, pseudo-forcing them to pick specific classes in a response to a blue camping. I don't like that, it gives an advantage to the first armed person (almost certainly a blue) to reach medic.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
While I do not necessarily think the rule needs to be added, I do have reservations over those defending the ability to camp in medic.

The examples provide for unique circumstances, presuming that reds even have an uber medic or a sniper.
This is to say that the reds MUST assume there will be a blue camping in medic, pseudo-forcing them to pick specific classes in a response to a blue camping. I don't like that, it gives an advantage to the first armed person (almost certainly a blue) to reach medic.
I don't believe Red having medics or snipers is an unique circumstance, as they're 2 out of the 3 most common classes I see chosen (the other being spy oc), medic for being one of the better classes for going for LR, and sniper because of his lethality when rebelling. Also, kritz and even Vac can be enough to clear out camping blus, stock uber isn't a necessity imo. And while I do agree with your last point, I would also like to point out that while a blu is medic camping, he can't really deal with anyone breaking into armory or getting ammo some other way without having to leave medic (and risk getting killed by a spy or someone who already has ammo), so I believe its a fair tradeoff.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom