Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Heatmaker's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatmaker

Unremarkable
Username: Heatmaker

Name
Heatmaker

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? 5 days, 4 hours

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

If you have ever played on a Blackwonder server, you will have had a user profile automatically generated on tfstats.tf. Locate and link your tfstats profile here. https://tfstats.tf/player/5516809

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:55596675

Your DiscordID
Heatmaker#0326

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
NeonHeights Trade Server: Active from 2018-2019
After being a regular for over 4 years, I was added onto their staff team for my activity and high reputation within the community. It was certainly shaky, but I gained good experience with the proper commands and used it whenever needed. In 2019 I left due to life events taking priority of my staffing, and as of 2023 the community servers are mostly unused/shutdown.

The Brew Crew VSH servers: Active from March 2021-December 2022
Added onto their staff team for my prior experience, trust, and reputation within the community. Learned to use SourceBans in the off-chance I need to moderate while away from my PC. Refined my particular way of dealing with rulebreakers. Left because server shutdown.

Melatonin Not Included VSH: Currently Active
Added to staff from my connection to Brew Crew. MNI is the successor following TBC’s shutdown. Effectively held with the same regard and powers from before.

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
I hop between the US 24/7 Reservoir VSH server and US Super Zombie Fortress server, and would like to moderate both.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
As an active player in the VSH/SZF servers, I’ve noticed a lack of active staff directly moderating the servers which has caused issues to go unseen. In the off-chance my playing hours may not match up with current staff, I’m willing and capable to act as a readily available player to resolve any immediate toxicity/cheats/exploits.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

How often do you play TF2?
Often, I’m most active from 10am-12pm and 6pm-9pm on varying days.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
I’ll compile this into a list for simplicity:

Note: appeals for everything except cheating is open, meaning these punishments can be fitted accordingly

NSFW Sprays: warn then spray ban

General Griefing: warn, slay, kick, 15 minute ban, 1 hr ban, 1d ban, 1w ban, 2w ban, 1mo ban, perma

Exploit/Glitch Abuse: warn, slay, kick, 6 hr ban, 24 hr ban, 1w ban, 2w ban, 1mo ban, perma (these ARE subject to change based on different factors ex. players activity, reoccurring offenses, prior offenses, etc.)

Toxic Behavior: warn, gag/mute 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hr, 1d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, perma (same subjections as above) HOWEVER, gag evasion will result in heavier punishments

Scams or Suspicious links: scams or bait links to scam sites are an immediate perma ban/gag depending on if a user is spamming links or directly coercing specific players into a scam.

Any Form of Cheats: immediate perma, demo must be included if hack report is submitted by another player

VSH specific:
Stalling/Hiding: same treatment as exploit/glitch

SZF specific:
Map griefing: warn, slay, 1d ban, 1w ban, 1mo, perma (I am rougher on this because these occasions can’t happen accidentally or by new players, only regulars would deliberately abuse it)

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
My method of moderation is rooted in neutralism and finding solutions of compromise, efficiency, and little-to-no drama. My punishments can obviously be changed to meet the standards BLW works with, so long as I get notice on what to change.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

Type Ø Negative

Uncharitable
Staff Member
Yo, dropping by to list a few things.

Playtime is sufficient.
Capture.PNG
Chatlogs are clean.

No bans or commblocks on record.

For now, I only have two questions:

-How would you punish donor abuse?
-How would you punish !calladmin abuse?

With that being said, good luck.

Heatmaker

Unremarkable
Yo, dropping by to list a few things.

Playtime is sufficient.
Chatlogs are clean.

No bans or commblocks on record.

For now, I only have two questions:

-How would you punish donor abuse?
-How would you punish !calladmin abuse?

With that being said, good luck.
Sorry bout the delayed response, I don’t tune into the forums often and didn’t get a notification you even replied.

That said, donor abuse would fall under the same process as my SZF map abuse punishment ladder.

!calladmin abuse would be altered from my general griefing ladder by being this:
Warn, 1 day ban, 4 day ban, 1 week ban, 1 mo, perma

Will add that the !calladmin abuse can be altered depending on the situation (ie regulars would have harsher punishments, frequency of reports, or troll reports)

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I don't have a lot to say, honestly. You have solid experience, a meticulous punishment latter, and just a generally effortful application. The only lacking area is your non-existent activity on the forums and the Discord; I don't think this is a massive deal and I think there is a tacit expectation for staff to help with moderating this as well as the servers. Welcome to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom