Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined have a system gag people when specific words are said

Status
Not open for further replies.

normie

Totally Ordinary
i think all of us can agree here that there are too many times where people say n***** or some other racial slur and i have seen other servers do this where if you say idk put a lenny face in chat, you get gagged instantly. I think i'd like that to be put in this server

Philip

Australium
I'm a bit split. I would personally like the idea of having punishments or warnings for naughty words, however, it restricts "free speech" and makes communication seem uptight. We don't want to turn Blackwonder into the Steam Discussions, now do we?

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Bots are something you have to be careful with. Ever play one of those old games where a bot would automatically censor a word, whether or not it was the word itself or hidden within another word? (For example "Manuscript" would become "m****cript") having asterisks everolywhere was annoying enough, a bot that starts autogagging people would be a problem.

Emma

Mildly Menacing

Emma

Imo, it won't be a smart idea. Maybe only for the extreme racist words but you also have people that change their names to certain words. Calling them out would get you gagged too. I think it would do more harm than good.

Last edited:

I can't spray

Mildly Menacing
If you actually studied history, having that rule would be chaos, just saying. If you have read the "1st Amendment", the right is that you can say whatever you want (Freedom of speech) without a fear of punishment, having that rule would ruin or kill most of the servers communication, having that rule in Jailbreak would be the worst one as it would cut off the communication if a specific word was said.

Lightion

Wicked Nasty

thao

I think it's a bad idea; I wont be able to call everyone gay when admins aren't around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom