Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined harrylerman ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrylerman

Strange
What was your type of punishment:
Banned

What is your SteamID?

STEAM_0:1:20190577

Who has punished you:

suicide

Why were you punished?

Admin said I was exploiting, I was not.

Why should we revoke your punishment?

I did nothing wrong. On the map vsh_rats_office_pb1, there is an area the engie can teleport to inside a closet. It's super easy to get to. The mapmaker obviously left this area deliberately accessible or else the kill wall would prevent getting there. I was inappropriately banned for using a teleporter to get there. Of note, another engie was also in there at the time and was not punished. I do not know why I was targeted. At the end of the day, it's part of the map and if Hale can't kill the engie before he gets there well then play better next time.

As a side note, the mod who banned me should be de-modded and banned for admin abuse.

Thank you.

Suicide

Suislide
Both of you were in the area and both of you were banned for 1 day. Since you were in a spot where the player cannot kill you nor touch you in. It is an unfair advantage for the hale. And the meaning of exploiting is used (a situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way. Since you were using it selfishly. And I also have a demo of this.

Attachments

• aboooooose.dem
    1.6 MB · Views: 260

harrylerman

Strange
Both of you were in the area and both of you were banned for 1 day. Since you were in a spot where the player cannot kill you nor touch you in. It is an unfair advantage for the hale. And the meaning of exploiting is used (a situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way. Since you were using it selfishly. And I also have a demo of this.

Can you explain how it can possibly be an "exploit" since it is a valid part of the map that is easily accessible? It was purposefully left there by the mapmaker or else he would have simply coded it out.

Also again whoever banned me should be de-modded and permanently banned for abuse.

Thank you.

Suicide

Suislide
Can you explain how it can possibly be an "exploit" since it is a valid part of the map that is easily accessible
Are we able to enter from the lightly open closet? I'm pretty sure we can't. The only way to enter is to become an engi to exploit it through. And like I said you selfishly used it to your advantage. And it isn't easily accessible to other classes and it can delay the round.

harrylerman

Strange
Are we able to enter from the lightly open closet? I'm pretty sure we can't. The only way to enter is to become an engi to exploit it through. And like I said you selfishly used it. And it isn't easily accessible to other classes and it can delay the round.

Ahhhh on the Blackwonder servers running VSH there are many ways to kill an engie in there. A HHHJ can tele there, and any Hale can role "Tiny Man" and get there. It is far from in-accessible. It is simply part of the map and was designed to be part of the map, or else the mapmaker would not have permitted access to it.

I repeat my request for the rogue admin to be removed and permanently banned.

Thank you.

George

Notably Dangerous
Ahhhh on the Blackwonder servers running VSH there are many ways to kill an engie in there. A HHHJ can tele there, and any Hale can role "Tiny Man" and get there. It is far from in-accessible. It is simply part of the map and was designed to be part of the map, or else the mapmaker would not have permitted access to it.

I repeat my request for the rogue admin to be removed and permanently banned.

Thank you.

Oh. So it is an exploit, but since there is a couple ways to get in, it isn't now? There are lots of other hales, and lots of other RTDS. What if it is on a different server that doesnt have that? Is it not an exploit because you can just get there? It's unfair. An exploit is defined as, "make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand." which means if only an engi can get there, it's not fair. Your logic is flawed.

George

Notably Dangerous
It is far from impossible to get in the closet. This is a clear cut case of admin abuse.

This really is not admin abuse. If you think it is, sorry to break it to you bud, but you're a bit dim. If the hale can't get there without using an obscure tactic, then it's an exploit.

harrylerman

Strange
This really is not admin abuse. If you think it is, sorry to break it to you bud, but you're a bit dim. If the hale can't get there without using an obscure tactic, then it's an exploit.

Close the thread if you think you can't argue your point. I don't care. But I did nothing wrong, your friend was mad I wouldn't let him kill me, and you banned me for it. That is admin abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom