Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Important Happy Second Birthday Blackwonder.tf!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Blackwonder.tf was aquired 2015-08-31 03:06:05. So technically the birthday was 2 months ago, yet I decided that we might just celebrate it now!

If you are just here for the giveaway and the free credits, scroll down to the bottom.

First of all, Blackwonder means a lot to me and has changed me over the course of these two amazing years. It all started by just wanting to do more than just playing games all day. Just doing something that felt more productive than sitting in front of the computer after getting home from school and playing games. Blackwonder gave me the unique opportunity to make me learn lots of new things related to coding and design. Not only has it made me push myself further than I ever would have if I didn't have this community (heck, I'd probably be sitting in front of my computer playing games all day if it wasn't for Blackwonder). It has also given me the unique opportunity to get to meet a lot of awesome people. A lot of people in the same situation that I was in 3 years ago. The need to do more than game. The drive to do something different. The need to get out there and express myself. This community was never meant to actually have a forum or any admins. It was suppose to be a community managed by the players themselves, which you can imagine would have been a pretty abusive battlefield. Thank @Ramy for coming up to me and asking to become an admin on this community.
He was the person that gave me the incentive to create the forums, which then exploded in a more than unexpected way. So many people from different countries and cultures came together to celebrate this one game that we all know and love. Team Fortress 2. These people today, are what build this community, who form and shape it with their opinions and suggestions. I'm very grateful and still in sheer disbelief that there are so many people out there willing to put some time aside from their life, to dedicate to a community such as Blackwonder. It's absolutely mind boggling how much support I got from so so many people in the past two years. Thank you for every single one of you!

Blackwonder has had it's ups and downs in these two years. There were so many moments in my life where I thought I would just give up Blackwonder, just because I didn't enjoy working on it anymore or because I was just confused as to what my purpose was in this life. I always went about life just doing what society told me to do, since that seemed the most reasonable thing to do. I never really enjoyed life nor did I particularly hate it either. Gaming was the thing that distracted me from those thoughts: What am I doing? Why am I here?
But soon in 2015 I started to ask myself why I'm gaming. I was spending 7 hours a day just wasting time really. I had basically quit at that point, but somehow I couldn't leave everything behind. All the people I met and all the experiences I made were just too hard to leave behind. Long story short, I came back. This time however it would be different. I'd create my own community to prove to myself that I'm more useful than just playing games. Thanks to @Noodl who could back then provide the financial resources I got the unique opportunity to start together with him a community called Blueprint.tf. It was a hard fight to keep our player base from all the attacks we received and in the end, we lost that fight. Even when we parted ways and I decided to rebuild a community which became Blackwonder, @Noodl never stopped supporting me and never stopped being a great friend of mine.

Blackwonder just grew. It grew and grew. The community got bigger and bigger. Lots of changes had to be made to various different servers and plugins. I simply at some point couldn't keep up with all of this. Thankfully I have truly the best admin team in the world. These guys let me put some of my weight on their shoulders and carried it like it was nothing. These guys are there for me when I truly need me. These guys always ask me if I need help with anything. It feels like an ever growing family, where everyone really cares about each other. These people always have an open ear for anyone who has a problem. They are the primary layer of management and the most important one. Without the admins of this community, I would not know how I could manage the servers we have acquired over the past 2 years. Let alone the forums.
Huge huge thank you to all admins for their continued support!

I also couldn't give up Blackwonder when I wanted to last year because of those same admins. I wasn't very active back then, but I nonetheless decided to keep this community alive. The admins and the players both still stood by my side, even with my increasing lack of activity and care for this community. So many threads were made where I'd promise great things and I would only complete half the things on my list. I was just so at the bottom of everything, I just didn't know why I did the things I did anymore.
It is not until this year exactly on new years which changed everything. A new motivation and a clarification as to why I do the things I do in life came into my life. Many discord people will know her has Miss Benedevil or Julia. If it wasn't for her, I would have probably stepped out of university and quit Blackwonder, to go back to a life where I don't know why I was doing anything.

Somehow in the end, we landed here. 2 years later after the creation of Blackwonder.tf. An amazing admin team and amazing players who build and run this community. It's not me who decides anymore, it's the community that decides on how the future of this community should look like. I'm so thankful for the great time I had and will have in the future. It's truly a once in a lifetime experience.

Thank you, for giving me the opportunity to be your community owner. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to meet you people. Thank you for all the help you offered me, both online and personally. Thank you for these awesome two years and many more to come...

Huge Blackwonder Second Birthday Giveaway!
https://scrap.tf/raffles/BLG4WF
Code: BLW2ndBirthday

Free 500 Credits!
https://store.blackwonder.tf/index.php/pub/redeem
Code: SecondBirthday

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Snooze
The only reason I still play Team Fortress 2. Happy (late) Birthday to Blackwonder and thank you @Benedevil for the giveaway and for creating this amazing community! c:

Last edited:

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
I can't really say happy birthday to a community.
What I can say is this:
I have been here nearly a year and I have seen a lot of things and met a lot of people.
Blackwonder became like a second home where I spent all my time on.

Y'know, just for funzies. Happy Birthday Blackwonder and a huge thanks to:
@Buster and @RainbowRob for spending a LOT of their OWN time talking to people and making things go smoothly.
@Noodl For being an amazing friend to Ben when he needs him.
Ms. @Benedevil (Julia) For making Ben a lot happier.

Ofcourse all the other admins as well.

Sorry bene for making your worry about me so much thou...

ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一

Truly Feared

nspire

giphy.gif

It's pretty cool to be able to celebrate Blackwonder's 2nd Birthday with everyone and hear how it was 'birthed' and all the hard work that has gone into making it such a great Community!

A big THANK YOU to everyone involved who have worked so tirelessly and of course special Thank You to Benedevil for your kind generosity with our gifts and your faithfulness in sticking with Blackwonder and 'not giving up'.

... side note: Love love L O V E the party decor & hearts on the forums!! happy times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom