Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
I've been in quite a lot of TF2 communities over the 4 years I've played, and while I'm not particularly interested in the game all that much, I do like to help out here and then.

Anyway, the point of this suggestion is to add a guides section to the forums. While not necessary, it allows the more experienced players to share their knowledge in the arts of whatever the hell it is they're good at. One example of this would be how to play dodgeball like a pro, detailed analysis of deathrun maps or how to be a good rebel on Jailbreak (like me B]).

Of course a system could be implemented so that guides have to be approved by admins to ensure they're not complete BS, but I think just voting and commenting opinions are much better.

Anyway, that's all I have. I'll try and brainstorm more suggestions tomorrow. ^^

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
uuuuuuh... hmmmmmmm... ooooo... honestly i think if anyone wants to learn stuff like that, it's better off searching it on youtube/google, but oh well... if you have somethings you want to share in the community related to what you said it's not that big of a deal, pretty sure @Benedevil will make this section, if he feels like it.

Still, i don't really see the point of making this thing come true, even tho it won't do any harm, i just see it as unnecessary, at least that's my opinion.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
I agree with Wolf here. While it does no harm, they are better off learning there things on Youtube. Because not all of us are good teachers, or can write their tips in a way even a new player can understand it. It's much easier to just go to Youtube and have it explained by someone who experience teaching, or can teach very well.

"But Das, you only need to write it once!"
Yeah, but what do you think is easier: Trying to do it with only words describing how to do it or with an video where you can see how it should look like? It's easier with a video. And I don't think many of us have the enthusiasm and time to make a video.

The suggestion is not bad though. But if we want to make it a thing, the idea needs more thought.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
While I agree that it's a lot better to watch a video than read in order to gain an understanding of a point, let's be honest; TF2 isn't the most popular game and the modded servers (such as deathrun, jailbreak, etc.) are even less so. Plus, this community's map rotations on every server are unique to this community (probably) and that means that all the information needed could be here like a type of database. Everything that your servers use would be able to be included. The only problem is that A) People may or may not take the time to make a guide and B) As said, it's not entirely necessary. It's more of a hobby for people to give information on how to do something (like how the off topic section isnt required information) and less of a required part of the forum. (unlike features such as the rules)

I feel like I worded that reply really badly, but I guess in the end it's up to the majority or Benedevil.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
The problem is that someone would actually have to write guides and honestly, I'm certain that it would reach the right people if someone decided to write one.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

I wouldn't mind writing out guidelines but idk much about certain game modes, so it's up to the players to give me the right information. But if we get a guideline part, we can just let the players write guidelines themselves and the troll ones, we remove. Then it's up to the players to help out eachother and talk. I mean, an admin doesn't need to do it, this is a community for the players, not for the status. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom