Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Grizzlly's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlly

Personal Information

Name

Andrew (IGN: Grizzlly)

Your Age

Romania

Your SteamID

| steamname: Grizzlly
| steam3ID: [U:1:179635458]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:89817729
| steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139901186
| customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/grizzllygg
| steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198139901186

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?

Yes.

I have previously been an administrator on a CS:GO server that had a long history. In total it has been part of 3 different communities here in Romania.

The owner of the server, Zentaris (https://steamcommunity.com/id/zentaris10/ ) was just entering this business of "owning an server" and money was low. Luckily here in Romania there aren't many servers so there is room to grow.

At first the server was part of the quite large LALEAGANE community (https://laleagane.ro/forum/ ). It happened that at this time I started playing on arena servers because they were a good way of improving at the game. Everyday I was playing here got to know the community and at one point I decided to donate.
Zentaris has set up a board with perks for donors. Among VIP and other things he also had admin ranks ranging from Helper to Co-Owner. I have always wanted to be an admin so I figured why not try here. I got Administrator. 15 euros. It was the second highest position (first being co-own).

After this... the server shutdown. Zentaris has made a WhatsApp group with all the staff and told us that we were switching communities because of "no budget lol". I have not got to play as an admin yet.

We switched on a small community called EUROCS (https://eurocs.net/ ). This was a small CS 1.6 community (yes CS 1.6 it's still being played here). This is were it all started. I have quickly learned useful admin commands (some even Zentaris didn't know) and learned how to deal with cheaters.
We had this procedure where we would make a demo of someone cheating, ban that person and post the demo on a staff-only subforum along with some details such that if that person appeals, evidence could be reviewed.
We used to do monthly meetings on TeamSpeak discussing promotions/demotions, server problems and ideas. I think it's worth mentioning that I have never been demoted and still was an Administrator when I resigned.
I have also got involved a bit with the community because of my undeniable love for programming (lol what a nerd...) and helped a bit with the forum development.

The time here lasted for about 3 months and then we left the community again (from my understanding the owner of that community was... a bit... weird let's say). We switched on CSONE (https://csone.ro/ ). This is a relatively new CS 1.6 community (lol). We managed to bring some of the old playerbase here. Not much has happened here... can say business as usual.

This went on for some time after witch we shutdown. It was the beginning of summer. A period of darkness has established. The group was inactive, everyone seemed to mind their own business.
Until... At the beginning of August, I have sent a message on the group asking whether or not Zentaris will open another server. To my surprise a part of the (quite big) staff actually followed me. Zentaris responded saying "no budget lol" (disclaimer: these are not his actual words). I have donated another 10 euros and the staff that remained some skins.

We went on to create a new WhatsApp group and Zentaris managed to get the server on PGLGAMERS (http://www.pglgamers.ro/ ). The server also turned into a war server (not that good for me because I enjoyed arena more but I went with it). At first we struggled a bit but through a few promotions we managed to get a small part of the (quite BIG) old playerbase back and some new players. Everything was going well (kind of).

Starting with the last week of August I started becoming more and more inactive as school was starting in September. Because of this I have decided to resign as I tought that I would not have time for both school and server administration (I wanted to get more involved with school projects that would help me in the future such as joining the robotics team). I did not realise that this would also mean the end of my CS:GO "career". I have not played CS:GO ever since.

Tho, I quickly rediscovered an old passion of mine: DODGEBALL. GR8 M8 LOL1!

Started playing on your servers. Seems fun... (please don't take this sentence and the previous one seriously).

After this it was nice to see that the server was still alive even in my absence. You can still visit the server today at go.pglgamers.ro.

All I can say is... that if you power through you can achive/get what you want. That was work well done! The community got big and Zentaris has also opened an arena server there at arena.pglgamers.ro. Proud to have been part of it.

All this lasted in total for about 1.5 years. wow

Are you familiar with admin commands?

Yes.

On which servers do you usually play?

All dodgeball servers. (except US)..

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?

I feel like becoming an admin is a good way to give back to the community and at the same time be part of it.

As for experience... check the "Have you managed servers previously?" question :).

My history at Blackwonder I think started in 2017 I started playing TF2 again. I really liked dodgeball and selected a few servers where I would play constantly. Among those was also the normal tfdb blw server.
This has not lasted very long tho as I quickly got back to CS:GO again.

But now, here I am. Have been playing consistently on both the normal and adv servers for more than a month now. Apparently I was also a donor...

One of my abilities irl that might be of use for Blw.tf is programming.

Do you know any of our current staff members?

I have become friends on Steam with some and also talked in-game with them. I know "Silorak" well.

I am also friends with "zonas" but I don't think she knows me xd.

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.

Timezone: EET (UTC+2) / EEST (UTC+3).

During school I often join in the morning sometimes from like 10 to 12 and then in the evening from like 8 to 11.

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?

If I were to punish a hacker I would follow the same procedure from my past experience: record, ban, post a thread with the recording and SteamID in some locked staff-only thread. In case he wants to appeal, higher-ups can review the evidence.

If I were to punish a spammer I would simply do gag/mute/silence.

Now, with simple rulebreakers I would start off telling them the rules, then simple warnings, slay (depending on what they do) and if nothing works kick. If they join again and don't stop, I would ask a higher-up if it's ok to ban them. (I also do not know how you guys do in those situations. This is how I dealt with them previously. It's what Zentaris told me to do.)

I have also seen from other applications that you ban for inappropriate sprays.

If I get accepted I will be quickly learning how you deal with different people.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.

If you look into my chat logs you might see some words like "gey" (lol). These were not used in offensive manner.

Check pic.
2017-10-02_20.51.55.png

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Just skimming through your recent chat history. You have some childish binds, which are fine by themselves. But you also have a tendency to talk down to others, which is not something. Calling people braindead, retarded Romanians etc is not acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom