Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Give the last guard minicrits if warden is locked (Jailbreak)

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
It's been some time since the guard crits change was implemented. It accomplished its goal of encouraging players to try and go warden whenever possible, but I feel like it overcorrected somewhat, since now "Last Guard Kills All" usually ends up with the guard dead, having killed no one. With that in mind, I'd like to propose that the last guard (and only the last guard, no one else) is given minicrits when warden is locked. This should give the last blue a fighting chance against 20+ reds while still encouraging players to go warden (since that's still not good odds for that last blue lol).

est

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
I actually like this idea. At Fatmagic there is a thing where depending on the blue to red ratio the guards get either full crits, mini crits, or no crits. And i think that’s really balanced. As of right now LGKA is just the final blue running into their inescapable death. but if they have mini crits that gives them an actual fighting chance against the random amount of reds that remain. But there can be 1 flaw to this and i’m not saying that this isn’t already a problem but i feel like it would also demotivate the last blue to go warden. because if they re warden sure they have to give orders but they have full crits for a safety net. but now that they have mini crits that safety net isn’t really needed so there would be no real purpose of them trying to salvage the round and give lr. But still it’s a good idea if it’s like 1 blue vs 20 reds. no salvaging that.

Meowsler

Positively Inhumane
It's been some time since the guard crits change was implemented. It accomplished its goal of encouraging players to try and go warden whenever possible, but I feel like it overcorrected somewhat, since now "Last Guard Kills All" usually ends up with the guard dead, having killed no one. With that in mind, I'd like to propose that the last guard (and only the last guard, no one else) is given minicrits when warden is locked. This should give the last blue a fighting chance against 20+ reds while still encouraging players to go warden (since that's still not good odds for that last blue lol).

I agree, it's funny to be able to turn the round around

est

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
Doesn’t this promote point farming
not really. how is it point farming when for lgka there reds will almost most definitely be spread around the map with ammo. it would be point farming is all the reds were just in a crowd and the last guard shot a mini crocket into it.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Doesn’t this promote point farming
If a blue wants to point farm, it would be easier for them to just do it with normal crits while someone is warden. To do so with this implemented would require them to let warden lock AND survive until they were the last guard (with no crits), at which point they're still worse off than if they had just sucked it up and taken warden. It's only realistically possible on low player count servers, which would make farming pretty slow going anyway.

Dee

Sufficiently Lethal

Dee

This would just encourage people to do last guard kills all more instead of going warden.

Yeah, no thanks

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
To do so with this implemented would require them to let warden lock AND survive until they were the last guard (with no crits), at which point they're still worse off than if they had just sucked it up and taken warden.
It doesn't encourage lgka, it gives people a chance when it inevitably happens to them. A feature that's been part of the jailbreak landscape for years should not have a 0% success rate just because you don't like it.

StixTF2

Strange
make lgka activate instantly too, cuz lotta bans get dished out for starting lgka early. Or make the text appear when warden actually locks.

I think minicrits for lgka would be nice cuz when the server is populated its pretty much instant death.

Last edited:

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
make lgka activate instantly too, cuz lotta bans get dished out for starting lgka early. Or make the text appear when warden actually locks.
This would help with that, since the minicrits wouldn't be turned on until the conditions were met. So if you aren't minicritting people, you shouldn't be needlessly killing them.

est

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member

I think minicrits for lgka would be nice cuz when the server is populated its pretty much instant death.
Making LGKA activate immediately would dish into point farming.
And the only reason bans get handed out a lot for starting LGKA early is the own persons fault. if your cornered by multiple reds and warden hast locked yet… maybe just die instead of shooting a crocket at the floor killing multiple non rebeling reds.
Which in itself is extremely unlikely unless the reds were trapped in a minigame or something.
this point would also be.. pointless. it would no longer be unlikely. As a matter of fact it would happen almost every time.

Also a text does appear when warden locks.

StixTF2

Strange
10000 cold knights :
This would help with that, since the minicrits wouldn't be turned on until the conditions were met. So if you aren't minicritting people, you shouldn't be needlessly killing them.

actually yee knights is prolly rite on that one, two birds one stone.
est :
Also a text does appear when warden locks.
the white text that shows up in the middle of your screen alludes to you being able to do LGKA but you have to wait for the olive green text at like 14pt font in the lower left of your screen, its not a massive thing but it def could be better haha.

p.s. sorry for crappy quoting idk how to use forums i guess xd

est

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
the white text that shows up in the middle of your screen alludes to you being able to do LGKA but you have to wait for the olive green text at like 14pt font in the lower left of your screen, its not a massive thing but it def could be better haha.
sure it could help but i don’t see a point in it. Every other server has the “warden has locked” just in chat and no one seems to have a problem with it at all. I just don’t really see it’s purpose. If someone is so unobservant where they can’t see the text in chat, maybe, but otherwise, no real point in slapping white texts on everyone’s screen every time warden locks.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom